At last a tweet from Tony..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
    More than happy with TF as an owner but we need a football man . A ruthless football man as chairman . David dean was mentioned the other day in a thread . Ran arsenal pretty well during a transitional period
    I think you will find that it was mitals coming in to The club that stabalised it and under tf we got the ground out of hock the abc lone ? And look what the italian and f1 guy as soon as they could sell out for a massive profit ! And you say "rangers fans make you laugh" seems like your not one of them then ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ranger View Post
      I think you will find that it was mitals coming in to The club that stabalised it and under tf we got the ground out of hock the abc lone ? And look what the italian and f1 guy as soon as they could sell out for a massive profit ! And you say "rangers fans make you laugh" seems like your not one of them then ?
      I'll respond to the parts that actually made sense....

The Mittals stabilising the club - Yes, up to a point. Bernie and Flavio still more than did their bit financially for the football club, and kept the club largely out of the red. They may not have invested as much money in the club as Fernandes, but they ran it better - which is the whole point.

Selling for a huge profit - how exactly is that a bad thing? The entire point of business is that you sell your assets for more than you paid for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
        The entire point of business is that you sell your assets for more than you paid for them.
        Has TF ever sold a business like this?
        Banning people is no longer my hobby,
        but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
        http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

I'll respond to the parts that actually made sense....

The Mittals stabilising the club - Yes, up to a point. Bernie and Flavio still more than did their bit financially for the football club, and kept the club largely out of the red. They may not have invested as much money in the club as Fernandes, but they ran it better - which is the whole point.

Selling for a huge profit - how exactly is that a bad thing? The entire point of business is that you sell your assets for more than you paid for them.
          If just like to point out I didn't write any of that so don't know why my username is included in the highlighted text you've used ?

Comment

• Flavio and Co were a complete comedy act, a disgrace to the club- how many managers did they go through?, well documented they were interfering with team selection, didnt have a clue what they were doing on the football side of things and the only reason we got promoted to the Premiership was simply and purely they got lucky that the next managers name out the hat (exactly the same way all the others got picked to take charge of us) was a decent one in Neil Warnock. 'He got us promoted' 'not' Flavio!! Certainly a sigh of relief when he left.
            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
              Flavio and Co were a complete comedy act, a disgrace to the club- how many managers did they go through?
              How many has TF gone through, also in almost 4 years? Four already and definitely a fifth one coming before the 4th anniversary of the club purchase.

Comment

• It could go either way if TF leaves

Comment

• Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                  How many has TF gone through, also in almost 4 years? Four already and definitely a fifth one coming before the 4th anniversary of the club purchase.
                  2 good experienced prem managers.

Ramseys here to see the season out. Absolutely no point getting anyone else in, no one could turn this around now imho.
                  SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
                    If just like to point out I didn't write any of that so don't know why my username is included in the highlighted text you've used ?
                    Technical issues I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                      Flavio and Co were a complete comedy act, a disgrace to the club- how many managers did they go through?, well documented they were interfering with team selection, didnt have a clue what they were doing on the football side of things and the only reason we got promoted to the Premiership was simply and purely they got lucky that the next managers name out the hat (exactly the same way all the others got picked to take charge of us) was a decent one in Neil Warnock. 'He got us promoted' 'not' Flavio!! Certainly a sigh of relief when he left.
                      Basically, you're saying everything that went badly during their tenure was entirely their fault, and anything that went well was nothing to do with them? Seems a little unfair to me.

Comment

Technical issues I guess.
                        Must be

Comment

Basically, you're saying everything that went badly during their tenure was entirely their fault, and anything that went well was nothing to do with them? Seems a little unfair to me.
                          Lets be honest here. We were on our knees before Flav came in and bought the club, absolutely on our knees.

Yeh the bloke was a horrible ####er, but sometimes thats whats needed to get the best out of people. Lets not re-write history and say F+B didn't get us promoted on a shoestring because they did.

Comment

• Regarding misquoting on this thread: someone accidentally deleted too much in a quote they were replying to and then it snowballed. Just don't quote a misquoted post

Comment

Not sure I said that, but if thats how you want to twist things, you crack on....

Actually used the words 'football side of things'... 10 managers in 4 years, being involved in the dressing room/team selection...
                              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Seen David Dein mentioned. He's an alright chairman, but if we did have him, expect extortionate ticket prices. Arsenal's are ridiculous, and they have a 60k stadium.
                                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                                Luke Freeman - 6
                                Matt Smith - 6
                                Ebere Eze - 4
                                Joel Lynch - 3
                                Tomer Hemed - 3
                                Toni Leistner - 2
                                Massimo Luongo- 2
                                Angel Rangel - 2
                                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2