At last a tweet from Tony..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
    We played better football under Flavio and Bernie, who also ran the club off the field far better than TF.
    Think you need to watch 'The 4 Year Plan' again. It was Amit who head-hunted and recruited Warnock (not FB and BE). And it was Amit and Ishan Saksena who took over the reins during our promotion season, whilst FB and BE took a back seat. Therefore it is Amit, Warnock, Adel and the players who must largely take the credit for that promotion, NOT fb and be.

Too much historical revisionism on this thread, not just from you but others too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
      Seen David Dein mentioned. He's an alright chairman, but if we did have him, expect extortionate ticket prices. Arsenal's are ridiculous, and they have a 60k stadium.
      Couple have mentioned him myself included . Didn't realise he was 71 though lol . Probably best to look at a longer term plan think the stress of sorting this lot wouldn't do his ticker any favours

Comment

• Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
        Lets be honest here. We were on our knees before Flav came in and bought the club, absolutely on our knees.

Yeh the bloke was a horrible ####er, but sometimes thats whats needed to get the best out of people. Lets not re-write history and say F+B didn't get us promoted on a shoestring because they did.
        There is no time for niceties (although nice ties are welcome) within football. I doubt anyone at the club would say they liked Flavio - but he made the decisions that needed to be made. I just don't see that same determinition and cut-throat approach with Fernandes. Maybe over time his "hand around the shoulder" approach will prevail, but for the time being it isn't working.

In terms of getting promoted on a shoestring - I have absolutely no problem with that. Money is not the be all and end all. They made the decision to get Warnock (which was a masterstroke), and led to a number of other inspired choices. Am I glad they sold the club? Yes. Was their tenure a relentless sh*tstorm of terrible decisions? Only to those who have watched too much "Four Year Plan."
        Last edited by surrey_hoop; 30-03-2015, 10:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
          Think you need to watch 'The 4 Year Plan' again. It was Amit who head-hunted and recruited Warnock (not FB and BE). And it was Amit and Ishan Saksena who took over the reins during our promotion season, whilst FB and BE took a back seat. Therefore it is Amit, Warnock, Adel and the players who must largely take the credit for that promotion, NOT fb and be.

Too much historical revisionism on this thread, not just from you but others too.
          Bhatia will still have needed to run the decisions past Flavio, be it managerial recruitment or otherwise (which was also included on the FYP.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
            Not sure I said that, but if thats how you want to twist things, you crack on....

Actually used the words 'football side of things'... 10 managers in 4 years, being involved in the dressing room/team selection...
            Not explicitly, but you insinuated it quite strongly.

"Flavio and Co were a complete comedy act, a disgrace to the club- how many managers did they go through?, well documented they were interfering with team selection, didnt have a clue what they were doing on the football side of things and the only reason we got promoted to the Premiership was simply and purely they got lucky that the next managers name out the hat (exactly the same way all the others got picked to take charge of us) was a decent one in Neil Warnock. 'He got us promoted' 'not' Flavio!! Certainly a sigh of relief when he left."

Not really giving them any credit for anything there, are you?
            Last edited by surrey_hoop; 30-03-2015, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Bhatia will still have needed to run the decisions past Flavio, be it managerial recruitment or otherwise (which was also included on the FYP.)
              As I say, watch The 4 year plan again. Briatore largely handed the reins over to Bhatia in our promotion year. All the posts in this thread are giving the bulk of the credit to fb and be, and that is simply wrong, revisionist and does not give the full story.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
                Couple have mentioned him myself included . Didn't realise he was 71 though lol . Probably best to look at a longer term plan think the stress of sorting this lot wouldn't do his ticker any favours
                Ticket prices would be ridiculously expensive.
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

As I say, watch The 4 year plan again. Briatore largely handed the reins over to Bhatia in our promotion year. All the posts in this thread are giving the bulk of the credit to fb and be, and that is simply wrong, revisionist and does not give the full story.
                  As I say, he still made the big decisions at some level. An edited 90 minute film is a dangerous exhibit to use as proof that Flavio and Bernie weren't involved.

Comment

• I don't think anyone has said they want the Tune group to pull or anything like that they just want the club to be run properly and given full attention

TF has many businesses so it would be better if he could get in a full time chairman who will run the day to day things whilst they concentrate on other things
                    We Are The People.....

Comment

As I say, he still made the big decisions at some level. An edited 90 minute film is a dangerous exhibit to use as proof that Flavio and Bernie weren't involved.
                      The exhibit isnt just in that film. Plenty of evidence for it elsewhere too. But the film just encapsulated the story well. The 'big decisions' FB made were simply to back Bhatia. A clear agreement was made for FB take a back seat.

All I'm trying to say here is give proper credit where its due.

Comment

That year was the only time we have been properly run in 10 years
                        We Are The People.....

Comment

The exhibit isnt just in that film. Plenty of evidence for it elsewhere too. But the film just encapsulated the story well. The 'big decisions' FB made were simply to back Bhatia. A clear agreement was made for FB take a back seat.

All I'm trying to say here is give proper credit where its due.
                          OK, well let's just say that that was the case. That in and of itself was a smart decision by Briatore - he had the humility and the common sense to realize when he was out of his depth, and hand the running of the club down to Bhatia. That is in no way a reason to cast a negative view of the man (which I'm not accusing you of personally.) The real question is - why are we 3 years down the line of TF's abject ownership, with him still calling the shots?

Comment

OK, well let's just say that that was the case. That in and of itself was a smart decision by Briatore - he had the humility and the common sense to realize when he was out of his depth, and hand the running of the club down to Bhatia. That is in no way a reason to cast a negative view of the man (which I'm not accusing you of personally.)
                            That's not the reason he was cast in a negative view. The main reasons for that were because of his failure to take due recruitment diligence in the whole stream of managers he did appoint (Warnock was a Bhatia appointment, as said earlier), and then for his interference in team selection and not allowing them to get on with their job.

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                            The real question is - why are we 3 years down the line of TF's abject ownership, with him still calling the shots?
                            I agree. No argument from me there and a perfectly valid question.

Comment

Not explicitly, but you insinuated it quite strongly.

"Flavio and Co were a complete comedy act, a disgrace to the club- how many managers did they go through?, well documented they were interfering with team selection, didnt have a clue what they were doing on the football side of things and the only reason we got promoted to the Premiership was simply and purely they got lucky that the next managers name out the hat (exactly the same way all the others got picked to take charge of us) was a decent one in Neil Warnock. 'He got us promoted' 'not' Flavio!! Certainly a sigh of relief when he left."

Not really giving them any credit for anything there, are you?
                              No I was making a point of my overall view of Flavios time here. And that was in general its was a joke!!... dont have to make good and bad points to summarize people up... when people talk about Harry they also fail 'to give him any credit'- lets not forget it was 'his' team that got us up first time of asking. And despite bad management in general he signed a very good side.... Just to make it clear this is 'NOT' me sticking up for Harry!!!...
                              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• What kind of a businessman gives up because he is losing his popularity....stop using twitter like a fcking teenager, grow a pair and get on with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X