Faurlin!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    People complain about the sport not having any heart anymore because it is all about the money. Then you read threads like this, it is just a shame.
    I'm with you mate.

I get that people may not think he should be kept on, head ruling heart, but some of the language used in here makes it seem like he's taking the club for a ride that makes me sick to the back teeth.

Some people in here that are constantly banging the drum for a return to the proper Rangers, a family club that knows it's roots and values, and isn't just about making money, can't wait to see the back of a guy who has shown nothing but heart, and a genuine love for this club. It's exactly the kind of player that people want to see at the club, not a mercenary here for the short term with no feelings for the club, and just because his luck has been shocking and he's nearly crippled himself three times for us, nah get shot of him, he's a drain on the club, just taking us for mugs.

For F**ks sake people.

Comment

Originally posted by KuPR View Post
      I'm with you mate.

I get that people may not think he should be kept on, head ruling heart, but some of the language used in here makes it seem like he's taking the club for a ride that makes me sick to the back teeth.

Some people in here that are constantly banging the drum for a return to the proper Rangers, a family club that knows it's roots and values, and isn't just about making money, can't wait to see the back of a guy who has shown nothing but heart, and a genuine love for this club. It's exactly the kind of player that people want to see at the club, not a mercenary here for the short term with no feelings for the club, and just because his luck has been shocking and he's nearly crippled himself three times for us, nah get shot of him, he's a drain on the club, just taking us for mugs.

For F**ks sake people.
      https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

I'm with you mate.

For F**ks sake people.

I like Faurlin and think he was a good player before the injuries but wtf are you on about? "nearly crippled himself three times for us" ?? what a load of bowlarks. He is no rangers legend and i dont suppose he professes to be himself. Stop building him up into something he's not. If he cant do his job to a standard the club expects then why offer him a new contract? Tbh i suppose the guy must feel a bit embarrassed and very grateful at earning millions for not doing a lot. I know i would. Fed up with club paying stupid money for old knackered players and injury prone sick notes. Heart in the right place or not.

Comment

At what point does sentiment run out?? He gave him sympathy contract last time he came back plsyed what two or three games and through no fault of his own got injured again. At what point do we say can't keep just handing out contracts so we're seen as good guys. club has to be ruthless now it's what the majority have been asking for

If any of us kept going sick at work and were unable to do our job we get sacked why is being a footballer classed as different

Comment

I always liked Ale and am sorry for him that things have worked out this way. Also, if memory serves, he was never one of our big earners.

The sad truth is he is almost certainly done as a player. It would not make sense to renew his contract, IMHO.
            'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
              I like Faurlin and think he was a good player before the injuries but wtf are you on about? "nearly crippled himself three times for us" ?? what a load of bowlarks. He is no rangers legend and i dont suppose he professes to be himself. Stop building him up into something he's not. If he cant do his job to a standard the club expects then why offer him a new contract? Tbh i suppose the guy must feel a bit embarrassed and very grateful at earning millions for not doing a lot. I know i would. Fed up with club paying stupid money for old knackered players and injury prone sick notes. Heart in the right place or not.
              A cold decision that his contract shouldn't be renewed as it isn't worth the risk, would be a hard but understandable decision. Don't kid yourself I don't get that.

Getting shot of him so he's not taking us for a mug, which seems to be many peoples view, yours included if I read it right, is cynical beyond belief and totally misrepresenting the player and the man.

I don't know how you think that the extensive rehabilitation process he's gone through each time equates to 'not doing a lot'.

I never mentioned the word legend as you suggest, but I'd certainly rate him as one of my favourite players of our recent past, and it's not all to do with his contribution on the pitch, which far from being over-hyped, it seems some have forgotten.

In Faurlin's case we're not paying wages to a knackered and injury prone player, but paying for the attempt to rehabilitate a player who injured himself, potentially to a point where his career is ended, at our club, playing for us.

Of all the money we as a club have p*ssed up a wall, Faurlin's wages are the very least of the problem. By a long f*cking way.

Comment

We have paid him £2 m for nothing and should pay another £1 m? People here are crazy. Do you think he will starve if we don't pay him that?

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                  We have paid him £2 m for nothing and should pay another £1 m? People here are crazy. Do you think he will starve if we don't pay him that?
                  Easy to say when it's not their money . Some proper clueless dins on here

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                    What would you do with him?!

Saw a interview with home high says he is in his final bit of rehabilitation again!!! I highly doubt he will be back before the end of the season but potentially would be back for the summer!!! After paying his wages and seeing him through another long injury do we stick with him or is it time to let him go?!!

Personally still rate the lad and would again like to see him given a 1 year deal - on a small wage bumped up on appearances!! What do yowe guys think?

Maidstone mate you rate the memory of the guy . He was decent for rangers , not a great player like some make out but decent . He's had 3 acls. 3 . It's sad that's for sure and I want him to recover but let's face facts shall we ? He is done . End of story . If he comes back and plays top level football for a sustained period of time I will eat my boxer shorts . We need to stop being a charity . People want this football club run properly ? Ok stop wasting money on crocks who can't contribute anymore . He's not gonna struggle to feed the family is he ?

Comment

I'm with you mate.

For F**ks sake people.
                      ok, while we are at it, lets dig out kenny samson and give him another two year contract. im sure he can be found living in a skip somewhere..... ffs man, an employer offers contracts to people who can work. they are not charity organisations.
                      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                        ok, while we are at it, lets dig out kenny samson and give him another two year contract. im sure he can be found living in a skip somewhere..... ffs man, an employer offers contracts to people who can work. they are not charity organisations.
                        ####ing glad he ain't running my business

Comment

Faurlin in love again..

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            People complain about the sport not having any heart anymore because it is all about the money. Then you read threads like this, it is just a shame.

Give him a 5 year deal. If he can't play to the same level again because of his 3 years of injuries we can find a role for him; training dummy, kit man, water distributor (especially in summer months), stadium PA, box office etc. The options are pretty vast. Its not as if we have to be more prudent in future with our spending

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                              Didn't say it was, and also didn't say I didn't understand the fact that maybe we shouldn't be looking to keep him on.

That's not what I'm complaining about, it's the attitude that some people are showing towards Faurlin that pisses me off.

Your example is f**king stupid btw, but thanks anyway.

Comment

Hes being led out to us all at half time on sunday, lets hope we aint 3-0 down like last week and we are happy enough to support him.

Comment

Working...
                                X