TF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
    This is basically another negative thread made (otherwise known as someone elses opinion of course) where a select few can have a bash at the chairman for being open.

This thread is basically just 'I don't like TF tweeting'.. which has a simple outcome.. Un-follow the bloke on Twitter if you don't like it.
    By all means moan about it on here but at the same time you can cure your moaning by not looking at his tweets. The wonderful thing about Twitter is that you can, follow, un-follow and block.

All this moaning about other fans moaning gonna give you an ulcer :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
      A lot of the problems some of you have with TF is that you simply don't listen to what he says.

Just one example being when HR left, he made it perfectly clear that he would be taking his time, in order to ensure that consideration was given to all possibilities, from which they would choose a successor. In fact, he could not have been more clearer than he was. Almost immediately, a significant number of people were adamant that Sherwood was going to be named within days, refusing to believe a word he said.

He has always backed our players as far as I can tell, just as he has with the last two managers. Those two managers have both let him down big time, costing us and therefore him, millions of pounds in the process. It's all very well for us to sit behind the keyboard and criticise. We can say today who we would want as the next manager, which players to buy, etc. Next week, we can change our minds, claiming that the manager hasn't a clue, or that the players are either crap or not trying hard enough. Nobody is going to hold us to account, or vilify us for making an error of judgement. TF has to live with his choices. Do what he can to help make them work, whilst at the same time, receive untold abuse from our fans for his troubles.

Think we should cut him some slack.
      Excellent post. Fella's been shaken down by two charlatans. He may have enabled them to do that, but he did so with the best of intentions. He should have had more nouse, sure, but his heart seems to be in the right place. Best chairman since Gregory. And think, just think, how f acked we would be if he upped sticks and left........

Comment

• Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
        All this moaning about other fans moaning gonna give you an ulcer :-)
        Sorry?

Comment

• Personally I am not particularly anti or pro TF. I will praise him when he does good and be critical if he messes up, and I think that's healthy. The man has done a lot of good for our club, but by the same token that should never make him beyond all criticism.

I think there's an unemotive middle-ground to be had here, as is usually the way.

Comment

Sorry?
            Your a bit of a moaner mate tbf . Go through the threads and see how many times you have moaned/complained/whined about other rangers fans and their opinions because it doesnt suit yours. Chill out a bit and enjoy the resurgence we have had under Ramsey. Adel filling in at number 10 could be the turning point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
              Personally I am not particularly anti or pro TF. I will praise him when he does good and be critical if he messes up, and I think that's healthy. The man has done a lot of good for our club, but by the same token that should never make him beyond all criticism.

I think there's an unemotive middle-ground to be had here, as is usually the way.
              Spot on Stanley, I'm just not sure why people are criticizing him right now?.. Not quite sure what he has done recently that's so bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                But the TF bashers just dont want to see an argument that opposes theirs.
                Some fair points by Richard ,
                Dont agree with points 4 and 5 ,because weve only averaged 13,000 odd supporters for the last 40 years ,so there has never been an issue with elitism because anyone who wants has always been able to get tickets for home games without too many worries . When we had a mid 30 thousand capacity ,we very rarely filled it , even when we came 2nd in the league we only managed to average 23,000. All the plus 20,000 crowds i remember from the 80s we were usually swamped by away fans anyway.
                No wants to see an argument that opposes theirs ,none more so than the people all for the 40,000 stadium .

I dont include myself as a TF basher , i`m just concerned about the new ground
                Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Your a bit of a moaner mate tbf . Go through the threads and see how many times you have moaned/complained/whined about other rangers fans and their opinions because it doesnt suit yours. Chill out a bit and enjoy the resurgence we have had under Ramsey. Adel filling in at number 10 could be the turning point.
                  I'd rather not go through old threads. I actually have a life you know... but thank you for your analysis of myself.

Or you taking down that anti-TF flag? That could be a turning point as well?

Comment

Personally I am not particularly anti or pro TF. I will praise him when he does good and be critical if he messes up, and I think that's healthy. The man has done a lot of good for our club, but by the same token that should never make him beyond all criticism.

Probably right Stan and my opinion is probably clouded because of my deep fear of change. Been going to Loftus Rd for 40 years and its a big step to start going somewhere else. I can grudgingly admit he has done some good things but there is also a lot to criticize that some fans ignore or seem to scared to mention in case he walks!

Comment

I'd rather not go through old threads. I actually have a life you know... but thank you for your analysis of myself.

Or you taking down that anti-TF flag? That could be a turning point as well?
                      No mate i got my views you got yours. Just live with it like i do.

Comment

No mate i got my views you got yours. Just live with it like i do.

Comment

• When it comes to emotive topics like this I think it's often a case of some posters just wanting to get the last word in. They then get frustrated when someone replies with a counter point, and it becomes a vicious cycle which often descends into ad hominem attacks which the majority of us dont want to see.

If all rational debate has been exhausted and posters still can't agree, then they'd be better off just agreeing to disagree and move on, IMO. Not easy with such emotive topics I grant you, but nevertheless preferable for all concerned.

Comment

When it comes to emotive topics like this I think it's often a case of some posters just wanting to get the last word in. They then get frustrated when someone replies with a counter point, and it becomes a vicious cycle which often descends into ad hominem attacks which the majority of us dont want to see.

If all rational debate has been exhausted and posters still can't agree, then they'd be better off just agreeing to disagree and move on, IMO. Not easy with such emotive topics I grant you, but nevertheless preferable for all concerned.
                            Is it me or are rows the exception rather than the rule on here? Think, the fella leaving yesterday notwithstanding, that folk tend to go along to get along on here. Mods may disagree. But fights, when they occur, can be fun, sadly.......

Comment

When it comes to emotive topics like this I think it's often a case of some posters just wanting to get the last word in. They then get frustrated when someone replies with a counter point, and it becomes a vicious cycle which often descends into ad hominem attacks which the majority of us dont want to see.
                              Ad hominem is bad, but what really riles me is the strange proliferation of "should of".
                              Seems to be spreading like the proverbial plague nowadays. Why, dear God, why???
                              And no need for you to get smug either mate, you forgot the apostrophe in your "dont"
                              Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                              but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                              http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Spot on. People on both sides (anti and pro TF) could do with heeding your advice. Nobody is beyond criticism, especially someone in such an important role and for all the good TF has brought there have been some "blips".

Comment

Working...
                                X