Adebayor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Del View Post
    Would prefer Adabayor on a 6 month loan with view to a perm so he puts the work in. Then in the summer after he helps keep us up probably turn waive the option to buy and sign someone who'd probabaly be a better bet long term.
    It would make sense.

For me though, I can't see us staying up playing 4-4-2. We've got all the big boys at home, who generally play 3 in the middle and so far we've picked up a point against Liverpool, City and United. Performances were good against Liverpool and City and I personally thought we were average against United. The problem is, despite playing well we haven't got the points. I think we have to play 4-2-3-1 and become solid in the middle of the park and grind out wins against the big boys at home.

Playing 4-4-2 away, in the games we have is basically going to be like watching basketball. Look at how the home games against the same opposition were played out. We could quite easily have lost to Leicester, Burnley and WBA. We have to go away and try and win of course but also make sure we don't lose. We need to be solid and in my opinion playing 4-2-3-1 we can also counter attack. It's not a defensive formation as we have full backs who like to get forward, it's just becoming solid in the middle of the park and forcing teams wide and letting our centre half's deal with the crosses coming in, which I think they're suited too.

Anyway, back on topic. Considering what I've said above, Charlie or Adebayor will be on the bench, neither happy. If we do sign a big name striker like Adebayor then I'll be worried because to me it signals 4-4-2 and I don't give us a prayer of staying up playing that way.

Comment

Probably one of the most frustrating players out there hence why he is hated by every club he leaves and plays for. Has all the weapons and tools in his armoury but chooses when to deploy them

Would be good signing until end of the season but would steer clear of perm deal

Comment

Adebayor will end up at Stoke and we'll get Peter Crouch.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
          Would be happy with that. Not many more experienced strikers in the game to help chaz along.

Comment

[QUOTE=West Acton;1377588]Probably one of the most frustrating players out there hence why he is hated by every club he leaves and plays for. Has all the weapons and tools in his armoury but chooses when to deploy them

Would be good signing until end of the season but would steer clear of per

I cant see him signing for us permanent but yes I could see a loan better for both puts him in line again in july

Comment

I'd be stunned if Adebayor went to Stoke, just can't see it. A lot disagree but I'd take Crouch all day.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                I'd be stunned if Adebayor went to Stoke, just can't see it. A lot disagree but I'd take Crouch all day.
                it's all written in the stars

Comment

it's all written in the stars
                  It's not, Crouch has signed a new deal at Stoke haha.

Comment

No thanks. All the talk about strikers misses the point anyway - we create sud all so we could have Henry and shearer and still struggle. Austin needs a partner but they need service too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                      SSN reporting we're interested along with PSG and Stoke. Let's hope he ends up in Paris because if it's a choice between ourselves and Stoke, I think he'd choose us.
                      Lol. Being linked with PSG targets

Sorry im really bored with no football
                      Under Les Ferdinand:
                      Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                      Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                      Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                      Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                      And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by SammyKojoe View Post
                        People turning down Adebayor? I have seen it all. Miles better than Zamora/Zarate and Austin. Would be our best player by a country mile. Attitude and effort are questionable but would no doubt score plenty more goals than our current strikers.
                        This, Take him all day long, See what our Management can get out of him, which I think would be more than Austin, who some want to have his children

Comment

Why has this post come up from 2015?

Comment

Exactly!

Comment

going back
                              wayyyyyyy back
                              pop pickers old skool post. If you can remember this thread the first time you a nerd.
                              Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

That.time he scored up the other end against Arsenal, his former team, and sprinted full length of pitch to do a flamboyant knee slide celebration in front of travelling Gooners was absolute class. Those mugs had been giving him pelters all match - fantastic of him to give it back. Great moment!

Comment

Working...
                                X