Adebayor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adebayor

SSN reporting we're interested along with PSG and Stoke. Let's hope he ends up in Paris because if it's a choice between ourselves and Stoke, I think he'd choose us.

Just depends whether he is up for a relegation scrap , if he is and is on his game he is virtually unplayable , but that player only appears a few times season.

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
      Just depends whether he is up for a relegation scrap , if he is and is on his game he is virtually unplayable , but that player only appears a few times season.
      One good thing to come out of Sherwood at Spurs was this guy's performances. Would like to see him if he puts in the effort he is capable of.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        One good thing to come out of Sherwood at Spurs was this guy's performances. Would like to see him if he puts in the effort he is capable of.
        Is decent when he has something to prove.

Comment

No thank you
          Under Les Ferdinand:
          Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
          Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
          Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
          Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
          And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Complete enigma... can be unplayable and look immense at times, but at others can be a passenger. That said, is he better than Zamora, yes for sure. He may put in less effort than BZ, but add into the mix the fact Bobby is hardly mobile no matter how much effort, and he is done after 60mins so always costs us a subsittution which restricts tactical options in games especially if we have injuries etc.

If this was a deal to suit us, possibly loan til end of the season with view to a perm then, meaning if there's a potential deal at the end of it based on performance, we would probably get the good adabayor turn up, put the graft in to win the prize as it were. If that was the case i'd have no doubt we'd stay up as he and Charlie paired could be formidable.

That said, if there was any truth in it, we better not be paying stupid wages.

Comment

Lets be fair PSG or QPR , difficult discussion that one

Comment

he's on about £200k a week? like we could afford him? not even sure I'd like him here,

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                  he's on about £200k a week? like we could afford him? not even sure I'd like him here,
                  I wouldn't imagine we would pay the full wages, clubs tend to have agreements of about 10 or 20% of the wages.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Lets be fair PSG or QPR , difficult discussion that one
                    Depends if he wants to actually play games really. You'd think a player like him coming to the tail end of his career having spent years on and off benches at the likes of Spurs, Man City and even Real Madrid, would actually want to play games now.

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                      He wont be on anything like £200k a week at Spurs. Their Chairman is about as tight as they come ffs. He was on silly money at City, but still nowhere near that figure, and would've taken a big drop to go back to spurs no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                        Depends if he wants to actually play games really. You'd think a player like him coming to the tail end of his career having spent years on and off benches at the likes of Spurs, Man City and even Real Madrid, would actually want to play games now.
                        Really?
                        Just to say he isn't on 200k a week probably not even half that, maybe with bonuses and add ons with appearances it may be close to 100k

Comment

yep
                          Kept the faith!

Comment

People turning down Adebayor? I have seen it all. Miles better than Zamora/Zarate and Austin. Would be our best player by a country mile. Attitude and effort are questionable but would no doubt score plenty more goals than our current strikers.

Comment

Wouldn't want us to sign him on a perm but would take him on loan to try and save our season.

Comment

Working...
                              X