Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't Hoilett take it into the corner flag in injury time?!?!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Send Hoilett to Bolton on a free or something. Any money offered for him, take it!!!!! Him and Traore cause high blood pressure when ever they play. Both absolute dog players that are a liability.

Comment

Regardless of Hoilett how was Ki allowed to waltz past 3-4 players and lay off a ball to the best striker on the pitch?

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
        Hoilett should never be an option. Matt Phillips is really good, beats players, has pace & his end result (his crosses more to the point) are pin point. How Hoilett is played over Phillips I just dont know
        I agree. Hoilett always seems to get the nod but Phillips was the better player last season and should be ahead of him this season.

How much game time have they both had? Hoilett has probably had 2 or 3 times as much and produced next to nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
          But its not just a 1 of with Hoilett, he's constintally focking up and today it cost us. The amount of times he focks up putting a decent ball into the box while Austin/Zamora/Vargas is waiting but instead skies it or just kicks it a defender is shocking for a well paid winger. How many points have we dropped because he's not managed to do the basics?..... Now im not saying everything is his fault but he very well contributes to a lot of miss chances, and today was a big mistake and cost us the 3 points!
          Don't forget he often chooses to shoot instead of crossing and his shots miss the target or lack any power.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
            Oh and even i can do harry rants, geezer astounds me at times, how long has been in football and he still cant see hoilett and traroe are proper toilet and will never be good enough, also he cant teach his team to play a game out or even bring on subs to slow the momentum down. Sometimes i do wonder about him.
            Liverpool all over again,learnt nothing,totally unprofessional.

Whilst I am not a HR fan the players should know what to do in that situation,Swansea were knocking on the door
            and we just continually give the ball away and you cant blame HR for that.

Sometimes you have to go back to the keeper and play the ball around keeping possession
            and killing the time but we just don't seem to have the brains to do that.

I left the ground totally frustrated and angry another two points given away.

Yes Hoilett and Traore are a waste of space along with about three others all taking valuable sqaud places.

Comment

I do wonder why Traore why was given a new 2 year deal in the Summer?
              First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
                I do wonder why Traore why was given a new 2 year deal in the Summer?
                Hindsight is very handy in these situations. He actually did really well last season and playing a 3 at the back he could have done well this season. Shown now how poor he is though
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  Oh and even i can do harry rants, geezer astounds me at times, how long has been in football and he still cant see hoilett and traroe are proper toilet and will never be good enough, also he cant teach his team to play a game out or even bring on subs to slow the momentum down. Sometimes i do wonder about him.
                  Harry out, Harry out!!!

Comment

When you're up a goal with five-ten minutes to play, why not bring in an additional center back? Would have subbed in Ferdinand for Zamora. Both Hoilett and Phillips lack individual smarts/player skills to be inserted defensively at crunch time. Agree with much of the above re loaning/releasing players. Adel & SWP definitely; Hoillett possibly; give Phillips another season given he lost most of the last one to injury.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                      Hindsight is very handy in these situations. He actually did really well last season and playing a 3 at the back he could have done well this season. Shown now how poor he is though
                      Exactly!! I remember saying he had a good season and wanted him to have a new contract because he would be a good squad player, thought he would step up in the Prem... in fact more so than Henry, how wrong was I?!!!!

All about hindsight..... 'At the time' most/everyone on here wasn't too fussed about Simpson leaving, with Isla and Ned in the team thought those 2 would be more than enough. As it happens Neds failed miserably in that position and all we hear now is 'why the hell did we sell Simpson'...... who's to say Simpson would have done any better?? He could've easily have been as effective as Traore' been...... Hindsights a beautiful thing!!!
                      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

I thought Ned was very good last time he played LB....

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
                          When you're up a goal with five-ten minutes to play, why not bring in an additional center back? Would have subbed in Ferdinand for Zamora. Both Hoilett and Phillips lack individual smarts/player skills to be inserted defensively at crunch time. Agree with much of the above re loaning/releasing players. Adel & SWP definitely; Hoillett possibly; give Phillips another season given he lost most of the last one to injury.
                          Harry fan here but i thought exactly that. Was so annoyed with him when i left yesterday.

Comment

Agree about an additional defender being brought on & said this at the game yesterday, BUT we are also not very good at soaking up pressure. We would have been peppered & I could of seen them scoring, and everyone saying why did we sit back.

Would rather players use their brain & run the clock down intelligently, position themselves right & see it out. We done neither. Hindsight yes, but not the first time this season we've gone gung-ho & got caught out with an injury time goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                              Agree about an additional defender being brought on & said this at the game yesterday, BUT we are also not very good at soaking up pressure. We would have been peppered & I could of seen them scoring, and everyone saying why did we sit back.

Would rather players use their brain & run the clock down intelligently, position themselves right & see it out. We done neither. Hindsight yes, but not the first time this season we've gone gung-ho & got caught out with an injury time goal.
                              There was a point where hoilett took it out to the corner to hold up and I was laughing my head off at his poor attempt. This is where Phillips would have been a good option instead. Once hoilett lost that duel, he didn't feel he could keep it in the corner and hence went into the box and took a poor skewed left footed shot wide.
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post

Yep Ive thought. We almost dont realise we've got the advantage and need to sit back. Instead we still play as if we're trying to score by making attacking decisions/passes and end up getting caught out.
                                SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Working...
                                X