Tony leaving...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kirill View Post
    Looks like part of that mission has already been achieved. Wouldn't call what we have now "QPR's hoops". We look more like Reading. Will we ever see proper thick hoops again? Why were they scrapped in the first place? Don't recall fans being asked for their opinion.
    You and everyone else fully well know the situation with the kits this season, you just want another excuse to moan. Fans choose the style of kit next season.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Looks like part of that mission has already been achieved. Wouldn't call what we have now "QPR's hoops". We look more like Reading. Will we ever see proper thick hoops again? Why were they scrapped in the first place? Don't recall fans being asked for their opinion.
      QPR HOOPS for you Kirill...circa mid 70s

Comment

• Best kit ever for me dave. And im with isleworth, i really like this nike kit now, looks more modern and premier league to my eyes. Tony Out!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
          You and everyone else fully well know the situation with the kits this season...
          Do we? How would you define it? Incompetence? Indifference? Both? If I were in charge of the club I would tell such unflexible kit manufacturers/sponsors, whatever, to do one. But that's just me I guess, I have no mind for business, if I was in charge we would probably be pretty much scr*wed right now, dropping points all the time, facing relegation yet again and burdened with an enormous debt with little to show for it. Thank God I am not in charge.
          Banning people is no longer my hobby,
          but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
          http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Do we? How would you define it? Incompetence? Indifference? Both? If I were in charge of the club I would tell such unflexible kit manufacturers/sponsors, whatever, to do one. But that's just me I guess, I have no mind for business, if I was in charge we would probably be pretty much scr*wed right now, dropping points all the time, facing relegation yet again and burdened with an enormous debt with little to show for it. Thank God I am not in charge.
            No club on the planet, even Barcelona, Real Madrid or Man United cannot afford tell Nike to do one, its part of the contract to have a Nike kit for the first season and every club on the planet who is really really fortunate enough to be chosen, has to, and does adhere to it. So yeah, thank god you aint in charge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
              No club on the planet, even Barcelona, Real Madrid or Man United cannot afford tell Nike to do one, its part of the contract to have a Nike kit for the first season and every club on the planet who is really really fortunate enough to be chosen, has to, and does adhere to it.
              So you are basically berating me for wanting the club to have more pride and freedom.
              Banning people is no longer my hobby,
              but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
              http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

• I'm struggling to understand what Tony has done wrong. He comes into a club facing relegation, having had the previous "hands on" chairman telling fans they only pay £20 and to bascially #### off. We stay up by finishing 17th and then he spends money, which every successful club has to do to remain in the premier league. Apart from if you are a club like Southampton who have had a long term plan in place and an academy churning out quality young players. This is something TF has learnt and is putting this in place for the future. Did Briatore, Ecclestone or previous owners think of this?

It took him time to adjust to the role and in relegation the following season he blamed himself for changing from Warnock-Hughes-Harry. So, he learns a lesson and decides stability is the best way forward. Harry has had 2 years here now and the fact he stays age 67? (he doesn't need to work) and players play for the shirt is a good sign there is harmony within the club and this starts at the top.

We are bottom and we might go down but the Premier League is no joke. There are world class teams, strong teams, premier league savvy teams and then there are new teams trying to adjust to the top league like us.

Who really expected to come up and finish mid table or have an easy ride? No chance!

Is it TF fault we are bottom? No chance!

Comment

No club on the planet, even Barcelona, Real Madrid or Man United cannot afford tell Nike to do one, its part of the contract to have a Nike kit for the first season and every club on the planet who is really really fortunate enough to be chosen, has to, and does adhere to it. So yeah, thank god you aint in charge.
                  Can Imagine Kirill marching down to Nike HQ with home made banners chanting "we're to good for you, we're to good for you" in protest
                  SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Best kit ever for me dave. And im with isleworth, i really like this nike kit now, looks more modern and premier league to my eyes. Tony Out!
                    I can get on with most of our strips, even if i start out not liking them....
                    although...The green hoops and the orange thing we lost heavily at fulham with ...i don't like those

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich View Post
                      I'm struggling to understand what Tony has done wrong. He comes into a club facing relegation, having had the previous "hands on" chairman telling fans they only pay £20 and to bascially #### off. We stay up by finishing 17th and then he spends money, which every successful club has to do to remain in the premier league. Apart from if you are a club like Southampton who have had a long term plan in place and an academy churning out quality young players. This is something TF has learnt and is putting this in place for the future. Did Briatore, Ecclestone or previous owners think of this?

It took him time to adjust to the role and in relegation the following season he blamed himself for changing from Warnock-Hughes-Harry. So, he learns a lesson and decides stability is the best way forward. Harry has had 2 years here now and the fact he stays age 67? (he doesn't need to work) and players play for the shirt is a good sign there is harmony within the club and this starts at the top.

We are bottom and we might go down but the Premier League is no joke. There are world class teams, strong teams, premier league savvy teams and then there are new teams trying to adjust to the top league like us.

Who really expected to come up and finish mid table or have an easy ride? No chance!

Good post mate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich View Post
                        I'm struggling to understand what Tony has done wrong. He comes into a club facing relegation, having had the previous "hands on" chairman telling fans they only pay £20 and to bascially #### off. We stay up by finishing 17th and then he spends money, which every successful club has to do to remain in the premier league. Apart from if you are a club like Southampton who have had a long term plan in place and an academy churning out quality young players. This is something TF has learnt and is putting this in place for the future. Did Briatore, Ecclestone or previous owners think of this?

Rich for the life of me I don't understand why every body doesn't see it that way we are very lucky to have a chairman that cares what we think

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                          Rich for the life of me I don't understand why every body doesn't see it that way we are very lucky to have a chairman that cares what we think
                          I don't see it that the moaners consider that at all. They go by results only. I go by facts that create the results, the strength of the premier league and 18k gates

Comment

quality post.

tbf, i couldnt have been any worse at it either.

the man with half a billion pounds cant even beat one man and his dog over a peice of farking derelict land.

keep showing your belly on twitter and slagging off the hard up fans who scrimp and save to watch rangers on a weekend (armchair critics)

#rightsort
                            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                              I can get on with most of our strips, even if i start out not liking them....
                              although...The green hoops and the orange thing we lost heavily at fulham with ...i don't like those
                              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• I think there is something fundamentally wrong if/when fans like the Chairman/owner.... I cannot think of a single instance at any big-ish club where there has been a Chairman that's been consistently adored over their tenure. Even the ones that become fleetingly popular (usually by dint of club doing well) soon are bought crashing down to earth again and the normal state of affairs resumes before they move on in disgrace or under a cloud.
                                I think TF is correct to "back off" and turn down his profile.... I don't think his populist everyman approach is the way to go for a football owner at all; you see Rs fans fighting and bickering amongst themselves often enough - it's simply impossible for TF to be all things to all people so best way forward is to ease into background and stop incessantly courting publicity and communicating with everyone left, right and centre.

Comment

Working...
                                X