Club Crest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
    Unfortunately, this is not about acceptance, it is about REJECTION. The current badge is absolutely REJECTED by a large number of QPR fans. It really doesn't matter whether they are a majority or a minority because this situation is very unusual, would not occur with a re-design even if some fans didn't like the new badge, and is costing the club money.

Unfortunately, those of us who HATE the badge don't do so out of choice - it is just the way we feel. Think of something you absolutely hate (liver for supper?) and consider whether you could just decide to like it.
    So the majority view doesn't count if a vocal minority really really doesn't like it?
    Last edited by DeepcutHoop; 18-11-2014, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
      So the majority view doesn't count if a vocal minority really really doesn't like it?
      I guess you missed my above response.

Who says its a majority?

Why would TF have pledged to get rid of it if fans were that unhappy with it?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
        I guess you missed my above response.

Who says its a majority?

Why would TF have pledged to get rid of it if fans were that unhappy with it?
        Because he reacts to angry tweets.

I don't want decisions about this club governed by a few angry Twitter users. That is a very bad idea.

Comment

Jeez. I can feel a poll coming on.......

Comment

Because he reacts to angry tweets.

I don't want decisions about this club governed by a few angry Twitter users. That is a very bad idea.
            Oh and you honestly believe he would make such a promise based on "a few angry tweets"?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
              Oh and you honestly believe he would make such a promise based on "a few angry tweets"?
              You're right of course. There's Facebook too.

Was there this much fuss in the early 80's when the last badge change happened? That was done without fan consultation, and gave us a badge with far less link to the club's past than our current one.

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                Have to say a few want the Hammersmith crest that has the frills that a lot of the fans complain about on the current one.
                Just looking at those shows a bit of thought went into it, combining the Hammersmith and shield badges

Comment

You're right of course. There's Facebook too.
                  Sure social media plays its part, its not the whole story though. In case you hadnt noticed the club engage quite a bit since the new regime. Fans forums, fan site meetings, polls etc etc

Was there this much fuss in the early 80's when the last badge change happened? That was done without fan consultation, and gave us a badge with far less link to the club's past than our current one.
                  There was nowhere near as much fuss actually. And do you know for a fact there was no consultation? Pre-internet days were very different times though of course, so not really a reasonable comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                    Have to say a few want the Hammersmith crest that has the frills that a lot of the fans complain about on the current one.
                    Artistically the frills on the Hammersmith badge works brilliantly in relation to the rest of it, the coat of arms, colours etc....unlike the current hotchpotch of a badge.

Comment

End of the day, I don't really care if the badge changes again. If it does, it does. It's changed before and it'll change again. We've been quite lucky on this score compared to others. Whatever it is, it will still represent the thing I really care about the club. Not the owners, not the players, but the club itself.

I like the greater engagement, and I like the club's social media efforts. Sadly the loudest and angriest voices on things like Twitter and Facebook etc are not always the ones that represent the greatest proportion of the fanbase. I really don't want our board reacting to them either way. Tony shouldn't have let himself get chased off of Twitter like he did previously (and then changed his mind again), and I don't want him basing decisions on them either.

The current badge is decent though, of course it is, it's a QPR badge. I don't think it's worth the time and money involved in changing it (which would be considerably more than the extra income from those currently holding a grudge against the current badge, I would guess)

Comment

Way to miss my point entirely!! The point is that having such a large disaffected group of fans is bad for the club - psychologically and financially. And the solution is simple; and although some may be unhappy with a new design, as I said above there will not be such a large group of fans who absolutely HATE it, as that situation is unprecedented.

The current badge is decent though, of course it is, it's a QPR badge. I don't think it's worth the time and money involved in changing it (which would be considerably more than the extra income from those currently holding a grudge against the current badge, I would guess)
                        Well, I would "guess" the exact opposite. Furthermore, the cost of changing it is a one-time cost whereas the cost of not changing it piles up year after year after year. Around a grand so far for me alone - if there are another 1,000 fans like me (which would be what, 2% of our fan base?) then that is a cool million and increasing every year. What are the costs of changing it? Replacing the incarnations around the ground and some paint jobs.

I'm absolutely certain that the business case is there.
                        'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

as DSQPR so rightly says ,if there is consultation with the support ,and a new badge is designed ,or a previous badge is used ,probably in a slightly revamped form , then i`m sure we would all accept it ,unlike the shoddy badge we have now ,that was forced on us ,under a regime that we all hated .
                          I miss buying car stickers ,teddys for the kids ,maybe a sweatshirt to lounge around in ,whatever, I want to spend a few quid in the club shop and at the moment i dont feel able to ,because of the s hit badge .
                          BTW i`m not on twitter ,facebook or anything else ,so there are probably loads out there who havnt made our feelings clear on social media ,who still hate the current badge
                          Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foot...s-9614501.html

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                              I think QPR Report has bought up all the good ones just in case.
                              lmao
                              Rangers Til I Die
                              follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Working...
                              X