Tony Mendes - Cargiant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post
    Hope we stay at Loftus Rd, to be honest. We could just as easily try to survive in the premiership there, as anywhere else, frankly.
    exactly. We can't even fill LR regularly. And as previously stated the income stream is media rights orientated not ticket sales.

All of which means sorting out things on and off the park should be the priority.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigears View Post
      I believe they have thought everything through, lets face Phil Beard long term job is going to be running it, getting on board the housing association, GLA, Local council support even down to the way they have handled CG (i know some people think this has been handle badly). The next few months etc.. are gong to be key as the consortium is ready to move and that means far more publicity good or bad coming up.
      Plus talk of him changing role to focus on this solely and Sir Les coming in to cover footballing side. This could be about to get ramped up another notch

Comment

• Interesting that the London Assembly launched this survey after our COO attended a regenerated area meeting there yesterday (from their Twitter)

http://talklondon.london.gov.uk/cont...ct-new-stadium

Comment

• Car Giant will back down in the end.
          Mittal is still a part of QPR and will play a big part in the overall construction I think.
          We ain't just talking about us having a new stadium, its a whole new area for London to expand, we are just a small part of it.
          It's not like we are gonna own the train line, offices, housing, entertainment venues etc that are all wanted to make that area happen.
          There's gonna be billions of money involved overall

Comment

• Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
            Hopefully not the same team of experts they used for the training ground hey!
            Or maybe they are going to use a team of experts like the ones they used for the 1st seasons transfers ?
            "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
            For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

• Mittal owns the steel companies, Amit owns the concrete companies.

All ties in nicely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                Mittal owns the steel companies, Amit owns the concrete companies.

All ties in nicely.
                rumour has it ,they will be building Mud Huts
                Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

• Originally posted by superhoop67 View Post
                  You do know that the owner of this forum is Indian right?

Poor taste from an extremely good poster.
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                    Mittal owns the steel companies, Amit owns the concrete companies.

All ties in nicely.
                    It sure does and that's why it seems a better deal as the cost will be far lower, just hope this happens because then it would mean we have them long term along with Tony.

Originally posted by superhoop67 View Post
                    Relax WeAre, it was a joke and thought it was quite funny myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post
                      Hope we stay at Loftus Rd, to be honest. We could just as easily try to survive in the premiership there, as anywhere else, frankly.
                      How so?

How will QPR be able to generate enough money to pay the players wages and transfer fees to accommodate a Premiership club on gates of 18,000? why do you think QPR lost £64m in 2012/13 and probably at least half of that in 2013/14.

People need to realise that QPR cannot possibly compete at Premiership level for more than a few seasons at a time whilst playing at Loftus Road.

Finally QPR have owners who can see that a new ground is vital to sustaining top flight football at QPR. If only Tango and cash had set the ball rolling when they took over and a recession was looming... land prices would have been far cheaper and QPR would be in a new stadium by now.

Comment

• Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
                        Another thing to remember is that Car Giant only own their land so any plan they put forward would be smaller in comparison to ours, unless off course they buy the rest of the land from Fernandes and Mittals, which I doubt they could fund even if they agreed. Will only be one winner, as in most things money and influence wins and the Mittals and Fernandes have both in abundance.
                        Do we know for a fact that they own some of the land and if so how much (more or less than Car Giant)?

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                          Do we know for a fact that they own some of the land and if so how much (more or less than Car Giant)?
                          They do as TF and Amit said they have been buying up land around the site for some time

Comment

• Originally posted by NW_Hoopz View Post
                            Or maybe they are going to use a team of experts like the ones they used for the 1st seasons transfers ?
                            Well that could only be bettered if they use the same team of experts they used for the second seasons transfers!

Comment

• Originally posted by superhoop67 View Post
                              Why?..I don't get it

Comment

• Cargiant will eventually move to another site, every man has his price, but at the moment they are holding out for a better offer

The Mittells, Amit and TF are all partners in this venture along with four other major players, this development will happen but not by 2018.

I have said before that this project will be TF/Mittells legacy, once finished they will sell QPR , leaving it in the PL with a good stadium and revenue streams to sustain exisitance for many many years.

Back to the Cargiant/QPR links, the company sponsored QPR (as mentioned previously) in our darkest days, The current ER stand was, for a time, named The Cargiant Stand and they had their name on the top of it and on our shirts (as everyone should know!) If you look up at the inside of the stand roof overhang you can still make out the lettering. The guys helped little old QPR out and when their deal expired they werent treated best, so now they just want what they feel they deserve.

Too many people dont know all the facts, history of our club, etc etc and are too quick to s l a g others off
                                22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

Working...
                                X