Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NW_Hoopz View Post
    Bet Spurs thought the same thing Eh ?

Plenty of mileage in it yet .......... Mendes could develop his site on the back of the bigger development, be an absolute fool to deal with Fernandes IMO

That sounds like the 'gang of four' s opening post on the subject ;-}
    Yea spurs a good example. Spurs got a sheeting firm holding up progress. But it's still being built regardless. The same happened with Olympic park where some garages on carpenters rd dug there heals in they got moved on in the end. And now car giant having there 5 mins in the limelight before they get moved on. Say what u want but at the end of the day it's gonna happen.

Comment

• IMO West Acton – Your correct the stadium is critical piece of the overall project being proposed by us, this is the vehicle being used to drive this forward. The stadium / restaurants and hotel IMO is what is driving the proposed jobs within the area and assisting in the local economy. Without this there is not the financial infrastructure to support 24k + homes if you look at most areas around you will always see an industrial estate, these industrial estate are meant to be there to help support the local economy (even if now most people don’t work where they live).

Without the stadium, hotels, restaurants the whole project may / could be unviable and then a lot harder to get the external investment need to perform such a big project. IMO what they have done is offer GLA a multiple Billion pound investment with external private investment and in some cases I suspect foreign to regenerate the whole area. The GLA and Westminster do not have that kind of money and would welcome such a large investment into London.

Now until CG release their plans no one knows how is it going to compare, if they propose just to put houses on their site then I personally think it will fail as it will not address the other issues and requirements laid out by the GLA when they invited such tenders (they will also need to change the land from industiral to residential and this is very hard, unless regenrating the whole area). But if they have the same scale, the same local economy and jobs creation, the same level of investment and the same level of backing then it could be a different story, this is where QPR are trying to force the issue, they have and they have British Rail on-board.

This development is going to happen, as it is worth monies beyond my imagination (Billions), the thing is our proposal will only have a life span of an agreed time scale to start. These people did not get this rich by sitting on money in the bank, they got this rich by making it work for them. The longer this goes on the less likely it will happen because the backers will pull out and go somewhere else where they can start.

I think it’s fascinating and love reading people thought, learnt so much from everyone. As mentioned both parties I think have made the right moves at the right time and both have been professional even if it seems like they have not been as this is a game of high stake poker, you blink or make a wrong move (if i can force you too) I win and both side want their share of this pot - this is only my opinion.
      Last edited by Bigears; 17-09-2014, 04:21 PM.
      One for all.... and all for one

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigears View Post
        My understanding is that a CPO can be requested by a private company or a public organisation like a council, to compulsory purchase any piece of land. This happens to be 99.99% private land as almost all public land requested by this type of request is already owned by the council requesting it.

To get a CPO you need to prove to the government that it is in the best interests of the community, public and surrounding areas that what you are proposing to do. This is why the consortium are making such a big deal out of affordable homes, jobs for the area, improving the local economy as well as improving the overall community and denying this will have a detrimental effect of not doing it.

It gets interesting because Car Giant have said they have plans, and they want to develop it as they can also demonstrate the same big benefits which if thats the case will undermine the case for the CPO for there land.

So this is where the interesting point made by the QPR statement comes in where they say it needs more than just 1 land owner to cooperate, as QPR want to do a very large area, bigger than canary whaf. They have and agreed deals with British Rail, other land owners and have the cooperating and investment of a housing association. Because the CPO request could quite simply come down to "what proposal gives the best benefit, what proposal is advanced and has the financial backing and what proposal has the biggest community support.

If this is correct as it is IMO, would explain why we are being bullish and pushing forward so quickly as this would mean Car Giant may not have the time to develop there proposal, finalize all the finance / housing associations needed, pester the politicians and community for support so will put us in the driving seat. Also if Car Giant are only going to propose to develop there site and NOT other parts like the large area owned by British Rail (they as far as i understand have not open talks) this will also go against them because the development is smaller, as well as that Car Giant would also need planning permission to change the current site from industrial (thas what it is set to now) to residential if they want to put houses on it. Making this request is not easy as it sounds just to build houses to make money. QPR are getting around this by doing the very large re -development project and making other areas industrial like the stadium.

This is all IMO and i have no actual proof just what i have read and put 2 and 2 together (it could add uo to 100000 for all i know), sorry if anyone gets upset, but i find this fascinating dbate and love people thoughts and its great were involved. I do not think any action, step or move made by QPR has been amateurish i think t has been calculated and good. I also dont think any move made by Car Giant amateurish either as they have also made all the right noises they want a piece of the pie and the biggest slice they are gong a good way to get it too. Just laying down and not fighting wont get them that.
        excellent post and the most accurate assessment of the situation given to date.

To suggest that Fernandes and the Mittals havn't done their homework despite already buying up larger chunks of land is to be honest laughable. They will have employed a whole team of experts to determine each step, with each carefully calculated to achieve their aim of not only building a new stadium but maximizing their return on the other parts of the project.

Comment

• Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
          excellent post and the most accurate assessment of the situation given to date.

To suggest that Fernandes and the Mittals havn't done their homework despite already buying up larger chunks of land is to be honest laughable. They will have employed a whole team of experts to determine each step, with each carefully calculated to achieve their aim of not only building a new stadium but maximizing their return on the other parts of the project.
          Hopefully not the same team of experts they used for the training ground hey!

Comment

• I think there are three reasons they pulled away from the training ground proposals.

1. The local people against it.
            2. They realised they could upgrade Harlington for a lot less dough and it will be more than adequate.
            3. There was absolutely no dough to be made out of it.

Comment

• Hope we stay at Loftus Rd, to be honest. We could just as easily try to survive in the premiership there, as anywhere else, frankly.

Comment

• Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                Hopefully not the same team of experts they used for the training ground hey!
                Is the training ground actually dead in the water or was Fernandes comments just another example of trying to force an issue?

Comment

IMO West Acton – Your correct the stadium is critical piece of the overall project being proposed by us, this is the vehicle being used to drive this forward. The stadium / restaurants and hotel IMO is what is driving the proposed jobs within the area and assisting in the local economy. Without this there is not the financial infrastructure to support 24k + homes if you look at most areas around you will always see an industrial estate, these industrial estate are meant to be there to help support the local economy (even if now most people don’t work where they live).

Without the stadium, hotels, restaurants the whole project may / could be unviable and then a lot harder to get the external investment need to perform such a big project. IMO what they have done is offer GLA a multiple Billion pound investment with external private investment and in some cases I suspect foreign to regenerate the whole area. The GLA and Westminster do not have that kind of money and would welcome such a large investment into London.

Now until CG release their plans no one knows how is it going to compare, if they propose just to put houses on their site then I personally think it will fail as it will not address the other issues and requirements laid out by the GLA when they invited such tenders (they will also need to change the land from industiral to residential and this is very hard, unless regenrating the whole area). But if they have the same scale, the same local economy and jobs creation, the same level of investment and the same level of backing then it could be a different story, this is where QPR are trying to force the issue, they have and they have British Rail on-board.

This development is going to happen, as it is worth monies beyond my imagination (Billions), the thing is our proposal will only have a life span of an agreed time scale to start. These people did not get this rich by sitting on money in the bank, they got this rich by making it work for them. The longer this goes on the less likely it will happen because the backers will pull out and go somewhere else where they can start.

I think it’s fascinating and love reading people thought, learnt so much from everyone. As mentioned both parties I think have made the right moves at the right time and both have been professional even if it seems like they have not been as this is a game of high stake poker, you blink or make a wrong move (if i can force you too) I win and both side want their share of this pot - this is only my opinion.
                  Another thing to remember is that Car Giant only own their land so any plan they put forward would be smaller in comparison to ours, unless off course they buy the rest of the land from Fernandes and Mittals, which I doubt they could fund even if they agreed. Will only be one winner, as in most things money and influence wins and the Mittals and Fernandes have both in abundance.

Comment

Is the training ground actually dead in the water or was Fernandes comments just another example of trying to force an issue?
                    I thought TF was saying "its looking like it wont happen" NOT "its not going to happen".... in other words they're still looking at all options available... Well thats how I read it anyway
                    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post
                      Hope we stay at Loftus Rd, to be honest. We could just as easily try to survive in the premiership there, as anywhere else, frankly.
                      I doubt very much that Mittals and TF would stay around if we could not move from LR. The new stadium and plans will get us out of debt, we stay at LR and we will never get out of debt... think about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                        I thought TF was saying "its looking like it wont happen" NOT "its not going to happen".... in other words they're still looking at all options available... Well thats how I read it anyway
                        That's how understood it Nick, so Fernandes comments could just be to ramp up the pressure on the approving authorities, common practice really so wouldn't write the training ground off just yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                          I think there are three reasons they pulled away from the training ground proposals.

1. The local people against it.
                          2. They realised they could upgrade Harlington for a lot less dough and it will be more than adequate.
                          3. There was absolutely no dough to be made out of it.
                          Agree the locals have not beaten us on the facility from my understanding as we won all the court cases and objections and if we want to progress it we could, I think they have looked at it and though is that site worth the hassle!! OOC is defo worth the hassle as they will reap tenfold and more what they put in

Comment

That's how understood it Nick, so Fernandes comments could just be to ramp up the pressure on the approving authorities, common practice really so wouldn't write the training ground off just yet.
                            @muradqureshiam: At Regeneration Committee @londonassembly where @qpr 's Mark Donnelly confirms club is still committed to Warren Farm facilities in Ealing”

just saw this on the warnockreport site. only just been posted now.
                            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

IMO West Acton – Your correct the stadium is critical piece of the overall project being proposed by us, this is the vehicle being used to drive this forward. The stadium / restaurants and hotel IMO is what is driving the proposed jobs within the area and assisting in the local economy. Without this there is not the financial infrastructure to support 24k + homes if you look at most areas around you will always see an industrial estate, these industrial estate are meant to be there to help support the local economy (even if now most people don’t work where they live).

When chatting yesterday it was clear this plan has been given some serious thought. People keep going on about 1D concerts but I think the plan to make the stadium pay goes well beyond concerts and there looking to make it sweat 365 days a year.

When it comes to concerts in a residential area they will only be able to get a license for so many events a year so those that keep bringing up concerts have a red herring. There was talk of the canals being developed so they have cafes, bars and restaurants (can only assume like Paddington Basin is or Camden Lock) conferences etc they also said like Newcastle (Shearers Bar) they would possibly have bars which can be accessed from the outside so even when there is not a game locals can use the facilities and the stadium continues to earn

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                                When chatting yesterday it was clear this plan has been given some serious thought. People keep going on about 1D concerts but I think the plan to make the stadium pay goes well beyond concerts and there looking to make it sweat 365 days a year.

When it comes to concerts in a residential area they will only be able to get a license for so many events a year so those that keep bringing up concerts have a red herring. There was talk of the canals being developed so they have cafes, bars and restaurants (can only assume like Paddington Basin is or Camden Lock) conferences etc they also said like Newcastle (Shearers Bar) they would possibly have bars which can be accessed from the outside so even when there is not a game locals can use the facilities and the stadium continues to earn
                                I believe they have thought everything through, lets face Phil Beard long term job is going to be running it, getting on board the housing association, GLA, Local council support even down to the way they have handled CG (i know some people think this has been handle badly). The next few months etc.. are gong to be key as the consortium is ready to move and that means far more publicity good or bad coming up.
                                One for all.... and all for one

Comment

Working...
                                X