Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where were you the day Tricky scored THAT goal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, didnt mean it like that at all. Was genuinely interested and wanted to know to reminisce as my memorys totally useless. And look at the good response and examples me asking you got in this thread. Blimey, didnt see that coming.

Comment

block b bang in line. an unexpected Peruvian celebration ensued.
      Nothing to prove

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
        Wow, didnt mean it like that at all. Was genuinely interested and wanted to know to reminisce as my memorys totally useless. And look at the good response and examples me asking you got in this thread. Blimey, didnt see that coming.
        Apologies Kevin I misinterprated what you were saying, no hard feelings hope that is okay.
        Likewise the mind goes fuzzy after so many years and so many goals it becomes impossible to remember them all.
        I remember an absolutely cracking pile driver from Tony Currie at LR once around 1980 I think in a 3:0 home win possibly agasint WHU.

Comment

No probs mate.
          Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 11-09-2014, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Since1971 View Post
            Apologies Kevin I misinterprated what you were saying, no hard feelings hope that is okay.
            Likewise the mind goes fuzzy after so many years and so many goals it becomes impossible to remember them all.
            I remember an absolutely cracking pile driver from Tony Currie at LR once around 1980 I think in a 3:0 home win possibly agasint WHU.
            Fulham. Cracking half volley from thirty yards at the Loft End. I was right behind the goal My third season. And the first when we effortlessly put teams away. That was new to me.

Comment

swapped my seat so that i could get 2 tickets together (my daughters birthday) and when he scored he ran in our direction only to be grabbed by fans 5 yards from us, can still see my daughter jumping up and down on the video

Comment

X block right in line with it. Was a 12 year old at the time I think and remember going home to practice it in my garden.

Best goal I have ever seen, and just beats Youri Djorkaeff's version for Inter for technique.
                @chrisrobson9

Comment

I was at Danny Dichio's away at Wolves in the same season as Sinclair's overhead. I may have seen the best two QPR goals I'll ever see live within my first 60 odd matches out of 600+ and counting. Hope there's still more to come. My other main memory of that Wolves match is of our fans screaming at Rufus Brevett (I think) to cover their fullback who kept getting the ball high up the pitch with no rangers player in sight.

Anyone remember Trevor Sinclair scored a side footed lobbed volley from 35-40 yards, just in front of the West Paddock? I think it may have been against Man City. Hope my memory hasn't completely exaggerated the goal...

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                    School end wasn't it?
                    Yes, how else could I have been behind it in the loft

Comment

Originally posted by Geng View Post
                      My other main memory of that Wolves match is of our fans screaming at Rufus Brevett (I think) to cover their fullback who kept getting the ball high up the pitch with no rangers player in sight....
                      I remember one game up at Wolves where one Rs fan was digging out one of our players all match. We got a free kick on the edge of the box and this player stood over the ball, the fan in front was apoplectic with fury as he believed said player was unfit to grace the same pitch as the rest of our team. When the ball sailed into the top corner the whole away support rounded on this fan as he slunk away with his tail between his legs.
                      Now old age being what it is, I can't for the life of me remember the name of the player.

I want to say it was Chris Plummer, anyone?
                      Last edited by Pal; 11-09-2014, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pal View Post
                        Yes, how else could I have been behind it in the loft
                        Yeah was just making sure my memorys of it were not that mucked up. Had to check the vid to prove it to myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Pal View Post
                          I remember one game up at Wolves where one Rs fan was digging out one of our players all match. We got a free kick on the edge of the box and this player stood over the ball, the fan in front was apoplectic with fury as he believed said player was unfit to grace the same pitch as the rest of our team. When the ball sailed into the top corner the whole away support rounded on this fan as he slunk away with his tail between his legs.
                          Now old age being what it is, I can't for the life of me remember the name of the player.

I want to say it was Chris Plummer, anyone?
                          Bit off topic but had a good chat with Chris about his time at QPR a few weeks back as I faced his Peterborough Sports side. Good non lague manager these days. Can't remember if he scored in that Wolves game though.
                          @chrisrobson9

Comment

Working...
                          X