No announcement yet.

Phil Beard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tony said he left Ruben in charge of the Transfer Window, why are people on Philips back?

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
      Tony said he left Ruben in charge of the Transfer Window, why are people on Philips back?
      I had no idea as Tony apparently said it on twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
        As for Beard being the link between TF and HR, surely they can speak to each other, so I'm not sure which bit he's "not up to".
        This is obviously speculation, but I get the feeling that the relationship between Harry and TF might be problematic - just based on things both have said since Wembley. I repeat - it's just an interpretation, I can't prove it. But if it is the right interpretation, it wont make PB's job any easier. If I'm wrong, and all toys are in the prams, then I think it is reasonable to scrutinise PB's performance. No one is suggesting Ali Russell or anyone else, but the fact remains that we are going to be scrapping around at the 11th hour. Again. So even if new blood comes in, it isn't ideal from the bedding in point of view. This may not be PB's fault, but because the club have previous on this, it is reasonable to suggest that he may not be the most astute negotiator in the football world, a world in which he lacks experience. We all know that his is a key role - you only have to look at the Woodward / Gill scenario to get that. I'd be amazed if you didn't agree that the jury being out on PB's performance wasn't a reasonable place to be.......

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
          This is obviously speculation, but I get the feeling that the relationship between Harry and TF might be problematic - just based on things both have said since Wembley. I repeat - it's just an interpretation, I can't prove it. But if it is the right interpretation, it wont make PB's job any easier. If I'm wrong, and all toys are in the prams, then I think it is reasonable to scrutinise PB's performance. No one is suggesting Ali Russell or anyone else, but the fact remains that we are going to be scrapping around at the 11th hour. Again. So even if new blood comes in, it isn't ideal from the bedding in point of view. This may not be PB's fault, but because the club have previous on this, it is reasonable to suggest that he may not be the most astute negotiator in the football world, a world in which he lacks experience. We all know that his is a key role - you only have to look at the Woodward / Gill scenario to get that. I'd be amazed if you didn't agree that the jury being out on PB's performance wasn't a reasonable place to be.......
          Interesting thoughts.

Whilst Harry always says what such nice people the owners are and Tony always says what a great manager Harry is, I can sort of see where you are coming from. Neither of them say it convincingly enough for me.

It would be reasonable to suggest the jury being out on Phil Beard, for a while yet at least. I just don't see how he can be blamed for signings, or lack of, as he will have to work within certain constraints. He can be the best negotiator alive, but if the likes of Hooper and Parker wanted premier league football a year ago in order to enhance their non-existent England chances, or a player wants double the going rate, then I doubt there is much he can do about it. Redknapp was clearly not as big a draw as some have made out.

Comment

So gang, if Phil Beard is in Ireland, whose doing any signings then?

Comment

We have 16 days till start of season... our lack of transfer activity for a striker is getting tad worrying now...

we may have this lad from Ajax... but am sure we agreed price with club ages ago... surely it doesnt take this long to haggle of palyers demands?

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                Interesting thoughts.

Whilst Harry always says what such nice people the owners are and Tony always says what a great manager Harry is, I can sort of see where you are coming from. Neither of them say it convincingly enough for me.

It would be reasonable to suggest the jury being out on Phil Beard, for a while yet at least. I just don't see how he can be blamed for signings, or lack of, as he will have to work within certain constraints. He can be the best negotiator alive, but if the likes of Hooper and Parker wanted premier league football a year ago in order to enhance their non-existent England chances, or a player wants double the going rate, then I doubt there is much he can do about it. Redknapp was clearly not as big a draw as some have made out.
                To be fair to him, it was his 'draw' that stopped rio retiring and also landed caulker.

Comment

Originally posted by D3nisBail3ySliP View Post
                  Bill (the cleaner) received a call from Newcastle offering 15 million for Remy. Bill said fine, make a transfer to this account ................... Bill was last seen heading for Heathrow airport.

Comment

Ruben gnalinghinam deals With the signings..
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Ruben is in charge
                      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                      Pawel Wszolek - 6
                      Luke Freeman - 6
                      Matt Smith - 6
                      Ebere Eze - 4
                      Joel Lynch - 3
                      Tomer Hemed - 3
                      Toni Leistner - 2
                      Massimo Luongo- 2
                      Angel Rangel - 2
                      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                      Geoff Cameron - 1
                      Aramide Oteh - 1
                      Jake Bidwell - 1
                      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Is that a joke?? No need to be in Ireland drinking Guinness should be here sorting the deals? embarrassing

Comment

Not to worry, we have a magical limousine that can traverse time and space. I'm sure it can manage to get to Ireland.

Comment

tbh TF/PB and whoever else on the qpr board can buy any just about any and every player they want and are willing to pony up for - that is just a fact, money talks and they sign the cheques.
                            I guess the only thing they cant do is get harry to sign off on their purchases if he dont fancy em cos the signings go on his cv not theirs.

Comment

Originally posted by zeberdee View Post
                              tbh TF/PB and whoever else on the qpr board can buy any just about any and every player they want and are willing to pony up for - that is just a fact, money talks and they sign the cheques.
                              I guess the only thing they cant do is get harry to sign off on their purchases if he dont fancy em cos the signings go on his cv not theirs.
                              And if they did that they'd have everyone on their backs for spending too much money again. They cant win.
                              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                              Pawel Wszolek - 6
                              Luke Freeman - 6
                              Matt Smith - 6
                              Ebere Eze - 4
                              Joel Lynch - 3
                              Tomer Hemed - 3
                              Toni Leistner - 2
                              Massimo Luongo- 2
                              Angel Rangel - 2
                              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                              Geoff Cameron - 1
                              Aramide Oteh - 1
                              Jake Bidwell - 1
                              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Loneranger80 View Post
                                We have 16 days till start of season... our lack of transfer activity for a striker is getting tad worrying now...

we may have this lad from Ajax... but am sure we agreed price with club ages ago... surely it doesnt take this long to haggle of palyers demands?
                                Still lots of other clubs in the same position fella. Look at how many Southampton have let go vs who they've brought in. You can add Villa, West Brom, Leicester, Burnley, Palace and West Ham to that list. Don't get me wrong I'm as frustrated about the lack of transfer activity we've been involved in, but I believe in the board and what they are saying. It is about getting the right sort in and not just players here for a big pay day.

Comment

Working...
                                X