Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

clint hill......qpr 'legend' or cult hero???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is how I see it.
    He came to us off the back of a tough season that saw us go through 4 managers before settling with Warnock, ultimately avoiding relegation. Due to our finances we were always expected to go up but no one expected us to dominate the way we did that season, and Clint was a big part of that. Part of a defence that kept 25 clean sheets, goal line clearances, put his body on the line and chipped in with a goal or 2, and galvanised the dressing room along with others during the Faurlin saga. On our return to the premier league no one expected him to make the step up, not even him, and he was sent out on loan to Forest. Think we all thought that was the end of him at Rangers, but he came back, and his performances in the top league helped us stay up and earned him the player of the year gong. Clint Hill, QPR player of the year in the premier league, who could have seen that at the start of that season?
    That, IMO, elevated him to cult hero status.
    The following season was one of the worst in the clubs history. Yet Clint was one of the guys in the dressing room who tried keeping it all together. Ultimately we went down in dismal circumstances, but again, he won the player of the year. Granted, no one else really deserved it, and he himself said he didnt deserve it.
    He stayed, however, and defensively last season alongside Dunne, he was immense, often playing left back, a position he didnt feel comfortable in. He was our leader, our captain, and he led by example. His speech after winning at Wembley and finally getting to walk up those steps to lift a trophy, exorcising the demons of his last time at Wembley, was emotional and showed how much he genuinely cares about our club and us as fans. He is about to play yet again in the premier league, and whether he plays much or not, his presence in the dressing room will be invaluable. He has already stated his desire to stay at the club as a coach, something I think we would all welcome.
    For me, Clint Hill is a modern day legend.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

ginger has posted it how i see it...very well put.
      PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

I vote this thread of the year. Each poster thinking the same thing. How rare is that? That's how classy Clint is. I like the idea of the banner. And the biggest rendition of 'I like watching Clint Hill' against Hull even if, as I suspect, he's not in the eleven.

Comment

Encompasses everything QPR is about and is a model pro that anyone joining the club should emulate.

Legend.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
            I vote this thread of the year. Each poster thinking the same thing. How rare is that? That's how classy Clint is. I like the idea of the banner. And the biggest rendition of 'I like watching Clint Hill' against Hull even if, as I suspect, he's not in the eleven.
            I think that says it all mate. Not one QPR fan anywhere has a bad word to say about him.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Will always be a legend for me... 2 promotions and in both on and off the pitch he played his part. Even on the biggest day of his footballing career at Wembley he put qpr first!!.... would absolutely love him to be manager 1 day. Someone with qpr in their heart!
              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chunkyfenwick View Post
                WE should have a banner at Loftus Road with a picture of Clint on.
                I hate to say it, a bit like the one the scum have for the racist.
                I reckon with the words

Clint, probably the best defender in the world.

In carlsberg writing

Comment

ginger ninja for me has posted one of the greatest ever posts on here......well done sir!
                  you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                    This is how I see it.
                    He came to us off the back of a tough season that saw us go through 4 managers before settling with Warnock, ultimately avoiding relegation. Due to our finances we were always expected to go up but no one expected us to dominate the way we did that season, and Clint was a big part of that. Part of a defence that kept 25 clean sheets, goal line clearances, put his body on the line and chipped in with a goal or 2, and galvanised the dressing room along with others during the Faurlin saga. On our return to the premier league no one expected him to make the step up, not even him, and he was sent out on loan to Forest. Think we all thought that was the end of him at Rangers, but he came back, and his performances in the top league helped us stay up and earned him the player of the year gong. Clint Hill, QPR player of the year in the premier league, who could have seen that at the start of that season?
                    That, IMO, elevated him to cult hero status.
                    The following season was one of the worst in the clubs history. Yet Clint was one of the guys in the dressing room who tried keeping it all together. Ultimately we went down in dismal circumstances, but again, he won the player of the year. Granted, no one else really deserved it, and he himself said he didnt deserve it.
                    He stayed, however, and defensively last season alongside Dunne, he was immense, often playing left back, a position he didnt feel comfortable in. He was our leader, our captain, and he led by example. His speech after winning at Wembley and finally getting to walk up those steps to lift a trophy, exorcising the demons of his last time at Wembley, was emotional and showed how much he genuinely cares about our club and us as fans. He is about to play yet again in the premier league, and whether he plays much or not, his presence in the dressing room will be invaluable. He has already stated his desire to stay at the club as a coach, something I think we would all welcome.
                    For me, Clint Hill is a modern day legend.
                    Excellent post

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
                      ginger ninja for me has posted one of the greatest ever posts on here......well done sir!
                      Cheers facto
                      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                      Pawel Wszolek - 6
                      Luke Freeman - 6
                      Matt Smith - 6
                      Ebere Eze - 4
                      Joel Lynch - 3
                      Tomer Hemed - 3
                      Toni Leistner - 2
                      Massimo Luongo- 2
                      Angel Rangel - 2
                      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                      Geoff Cameron - 1
                      Aramide Oteh - 1
                      Jake Bidwell - 1
                      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

no probs mate.....love you to write my ephitar!

Comment

and teach me how to spell it at the same time!

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
                            and teach me how to spell it at the same time!
                            I shall leave that one to TW
                            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                            Pawel Wszolek - 6
                            Luke Freeman - 6
                            Matt Smith - 6
                            Ebere Eze - 4
                            Joel Lynch - 3
                            Tomer Hemed - 3
                            Toni Leistner - 2
                            Massimo Luongo- 2
                            Angel Rangel - 2
                            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                            Geoff Cameron - 1
                            Aramide Oteh - 1
                            Jake Bidwell - 1
                            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Great summary Ginge, the man is a legend
                              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Got one thing to say on this......Props to Clint!!....
                                QPR legend imo.....him and Derry NW's two best signings and the 2 that changed our team into Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X