Remy's "Transfer Clause"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
    The last time he came out with something very simple, ie "There is no Buy Out clause", most people ignored him and carried on discussing how much it was, when it ran out, etc. etc.
    he did and Kinnear confirmed it...and Newcastle by not triggering the clause

Comment

Originally posted by QPR71 View Post
      he did and Kinnear confirmed it...and Newcastle by not triggering the clause
      This has been my view too......unless he told the toon he wasn't interested in joining them permanently....but i would've thought someone else would've been interested in buying him
      with such a small release clause, for such a talented goal scorer

Comment

http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/09/arsena...-move-4791657/
        We Are The People.....

Comment

so no clause then

Comment

I think the discussions about Remy going to Arsenal took place before the end of the season. He was seen at one of their matches. At this point nobody knew whether or not we would be promoted. If we had not been promoted then the release clause would have still been active.

We were promoted, and at this point it became a completely different ballgame because, I believe, at this point the release clause was no longer valid.

Comment

If McCormack is £11mill then don't reckon Tone will let Remy go for anything less than 15-20 mill

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                so no clause then
                Going by that article and this quote from it , no there is no clause.

Arsenal have been keen on Remy for some time, following his impressive displays for the Magpies last term, while his £8m buy-out clause is another factor attracting Gunners boss Arsene Wenger.

Comment

oh well, so much for tony's comment on keeping our "world class player"

did not even last 24 hours.
                  nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

I may be wrong but for what I read last season when we got him was if we went down that season then if club offered what we paid 8 mill then he can go but was agreed that he would stay in the prem due World cup. Had we stayed up we would stayed with us. So we back so I can't see where this release clause come from because he signed 4 1/2 year contact and has 3 years left so we can demand a price we see fit for us not him.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                      oh well, so much for tony's comment on keeping our "world class player"

did not even last 24 hours.
                      I must have missed the announcement that he has been sold!
                      'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by maccatwo View Post
                        I may be wrong but for what I read last season when we got him was if we went down that season then if club offered what we paid 8 mill then he can go but was agreed that he would stay in the prem due World cup. Had we stayed up we would stayed with us. So we back so I can't see where this release clause come from because he signed 4 1/2 year contact and has 3 years left so we can demand a price we see fit for us not him.
                        Damn right, play hardball and if someone really wants him then they have to pay the market rate for a Prem striker with his goalscoring record in the past 2 seasons.

Have to receive minimum £20m or he stays(going by £11m for McCormack who has never even played at the top level), and if he don't like it then tough.

Same as ratboy Suarez last year, who wanted to go to Arsenal, but didn't have that bad a season in the end when forced to play at Liverpool.

Comment

Originally posted by THE CAT View Post
                          Damn right, play hardball and if someone really wants him then they have to pay the market rate for a Prem striker with his goalscoring record in the past 2 seasons.

Have to receive minimum £20m or he stays(going by £11m for McCormack who has never even played at the top level), and if he don't like it then tough.

Same as ratboy Suarez last year, who wanted to go to Arsenal, but didn't have that bad a season in the end when forced to play at Liverpool.
                          I certainly agree with this but if his contract contains a release clause, our hands are tied. To this point we have speculated about as much as is humanly possible but we don't know for certain.

What I do know is that the whole reason we loaned him out when we went down was in the hope we'd bounce straight back up and he'd still be our player. Great bit of business and here we are! Based on Tony's tweet, I think he'll be staying. Then again, I thought the World Cup final would be Brazil vs. Holland!
                          'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Working...
                          X