Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blogandwhitehoops View Post
    A squad of

Green, Murphy, Simpson, Harriman, Onouha, Dunne, Hill, Caulker, Yun, LB, Barton, Faurlin, Henry, Sidwell, CM, Phillips, Traore, Hoilett, Townsend (!), Austin, Hooper, Zamora

Would be competitive for sure
    hoilett needs to go, shocking player. - couldnt see that squad staying up imo - would need 4 or 5 more players added to that.

Comment

Not sure why anyone would waste money on Hooper, who proved this season he can't cut it on the
      Prem!

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
        Not sure why anyone would waste money on Hooper, who proved this season he can't cut it on the
        Prem!
        Have to disagree, playing in a very poor Norwich side I'd still take him but wouldn't spend more than about 3-4million on him

Comment

A squad of

Green, Murphy, Simpson, Harriman, Onouha, Dunne, Hill, Caulker, Yun, LB, Barton, Faurlin, Henry, Sidwell, CM, Phillips, Traore, Hoilett, Townsend (!), Austin, Hooper, Zamora

Would be down before the xmas decks!
          @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
            Prem!
            Probably in a very small minority, but there is absolutely no way I would go near any player that has turned us down previously.

Would be absolutely raving if we even entertained such average players such as Hooper and Parker, one year on from them both stringing us along and making the wrong choices. To think that the pair of them made those choices in an attempt to get near the World Cup squad, is laughable.

Comment

It does feel like we have a 2nd chance, and this time the club's not up for sale, the manager as with Warnock is settled in the job.....let him do his work. A lot better and
              respected manager than Hughes....just can't believe we got back up 1st attempt. Out of the last 85 clubs relegated QPR became only the 21st to bounce back

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                Ferdinand is twice the player samba is even now at 35. Cole would still grace most prem clubs, hence why madrid and liverpool are in for him and lampard still scores goal. Nothing like them 3 whether they sign for us or not. All 3 are very good pros and i find the british mentality a lot different to foreigners.

Wages worry me but we have to dictate the outcomes this time. We must sit down as a club and have a top cap and contract length for the over 30's and if they dont want to comply we simply move on to someone else.
                Im not debating ability, just not a fan of signing players who are likely to be after one big pay-day before retirement. I would prefer us to invest in the best of the Championship and build a longer lasting squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                  Im not debating ability, just not a fan of signing players who are likely to be after one big pay-day before retirement. I would prefer us to invest in the best of the Championship and build a longer lasting squad.
                  Mate me too. Definitely want us to cherry pick the best of the championship who are decent ages. Just wouldnt put my nose up to the likes of cole, lampard and ferdinand as long as we dont go completely down that route.

2 or 3 of the like of them lot with the best of the championship would be a very good mix to add to the players we have now. Buts thats just my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                    Mate me too. Definitely want us to cherry pick the best of the championship who are decent ages. Just wouldnt put my nose up to the likes of cole, lampard and ferdinand as long as we dont go completely down that route.

2 or 3 of the like of them lot with the best of the championship would be a very good mix to add to the players we have now. Buts thats just my opinion
                    Agree - has to be the right over 30 player though. For example, Dunne's attitude this season in the Championship has been spot on. Get a player like him who can cut it in the PL and then you are moving in the right direction. Would agree that out of those 3 maybe Lampard is the best target for that.

Comment

People are making too many assumptions. It's yoo early, but and I am sure we have learnt from our mistakes and next season we will surprise everybody.
                      QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

I think the club will get it right this time around, Harry will bring in the right type of player, he will only work with people he trusts.

Comment

A squad of

Hooper? God, no!
                          Cant hit a barn door with a banjo!
                          Rangers Til I Die
                          follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

This is a top thread surprised its only two pages so far; we don't half on this site end up with long threads which talk a load of s hite but a top and important one like this don't move

For me there is no prob with buying older players if their the right older players and in the right quantity but we have to fit a balance as you can only have so many 32+ players and we potentially already have a few in Bobby, Hill, Dunne, Barton, O'Neill etc so I personally would not be against a Rio signing but for me if you sign him you need to let one of Hill or Dunne leave so he can have their space as you cannot have 3 CB in the twilight of their career

Comment

Wilkins ,Sansom ,Reid ,Ardilles Nelson ,all vets when they joined ,all done a good job it's down to the manager to pick the right player .and not the board to get starstruck and want big names .So the moral is get players not names
                              Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Working...
                              X