Powell/Zola papertalk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nick View Post
    NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!! I think I've made my point.
    Put you down as a don't know then Nick!

Comment

I would liek to se Sherwood and Ferdinand at the Rs when arry goes. Thing they would fit in well at QPR

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
        Put you down as a don't know then Nick!
        Lol yeah right!

Just paper talk I hope.
        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

he'll be cheap enough now!

Comment

Well hes a free agent after being sacked today. All you doom mongers get on your pray mats and pray pray pray that he gets appointed this week and get the jowl faced lost it pensioner out eh.,

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
              Well hes a free agent after being sacked today. All you doom mongers get on your pray mats and pray pray pray that he gets appointed this week and get the jowl faced lost it pensioner out eh.,
              Even the biggest Harry haters must prefer him over Powell..
              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Oh please god...please don't let us appoint Powell...
                Id rather have Paul Hart back.
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Even the biggest Harry haters must prefer him over Powell..
                  Bet they dont.

Comment

From a Leicester City fan's perspective, it's very interesting to read these comments. Nigel Pearson signed Chris Powell on a short term contract in 2008, when we were in the third tier (for the first time ever). Over the years we've signed quite a few "one last payday" players - Dennis Wise, Martin Keown, Dion Dublin all spring to mind - and we did wonder whether Powell might be another one of these.

Not a bit of it. He played a big part in our promotion push that season, signed a contract as a player-coach, and looked after our development squad. He stayed with us for three years, and played a big part in bringing though some of our younger players: he left to take over Charlton in January 2011 with all our good wishes.

He's been appallingly badly treated by the new Charlton owner this season. His best striker, Kermogant (our nemesis) was sold to Bournemouth, and he's had to play a mix of Academy youngsters and Standard Liege misfits. OK, so Charlton are bottom, but they are only four points from safety with three games in hand over Barnsley and Yeovil and four over the neext four teams. Rumour is that the new manager has already been chosen.

The Charlton fans love him, and so do we: see this thread from the City fans forum - http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/to...powell-sacked/

Comment

Very highly thought of there, hmmmm, a role in our set-up might not be a bad shout after all?
                      Kept the faith!

Comment

Well said Langue

Not very often a side is bottom of the league when the manager gets sacked but fans are up in arms over it which I think is testament to how highly thought of he is and how he has been proper mugged off the owners

Bit surprised by the negativity towards him on this thread. Maybe would not be my first choice as manager but if I was Harry I would be on the phone to him straight come join us until the end of the season reminds me a lot of McClaren

Comment

Originally posted by LanguedocFox View Post
                          From a Leicester City fan's perspective, it's very interesting to read these comments. Nigel Pearson signed Chris Powell on a short term contract in 2008, when we were in the third tier (for the first time ever). Over the years we've signed quite a few "one last payday" players - Dennis Wise, Martin Keown, Dion Dublin all spring to mind - and we did wonder whether Powell might be another one of these.

Not a bit of it. He played a big part in our promotion push that season, signed a contract as a player-coach, and looked after our development squad. He stayed with us for three years, and played a big part in bringing though some of our younger players: he left to take over Charlton in January 2011 with all our good wishes.

He's been appallingly badly treated by the new Charlton owner this season. His best striker, Kermogant (our nemesis) was sold to Bournemouth, and he's had to play a mix of Academy youngsters and Standard Liege misfits. OK, so Charlton are bottom, but they are only four points from safety with three games in hand over Barnsley and Yeovil and four over the neext four teams. Rumour is that the new manager has already been chosen.

The Charlton fans love him, and so do we: see this thread from the City fans forum - http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/to...powell-sacked/
                          The only reason you like him is because he was apart of your club... from a neutrals view (someone who's had nothing to do with him) I honestly think he's not all that, just an average manager. He could do a good job in the lower league's and probably no better than mid table in the championship if given the chance with the right backing. But with all respect we're looking for premiership quality and he is simply not that.

.. Ask your self this, can you honestly see him taking a team to the premiership and building a team that will stay there??.... IMO not a chance.
                          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

The only reason you like him is because he was apart of your club... from a neutrals view (someone who's had nothing to do with him) I honestly think he's not all that, just an average manager. He could do a good job in the lower league's and probably no better than mid table in the championship if given the chance with the right backing. But with all respect we're looking for premiership quality and he is simply not that.

.. Ask your self this, can you honestly see him taking a team to the premiership and building a team that will stay there??.... IMO not a chance.

It's an impossible question to answer. One thing that's absolutely certain is that no manager is going to take a team up if the owners sell all his best players and give him no time to rebuild. We would not be top of the Championship if our owners had sold all our best academy players - King, Moore etc - and the youngsters like Drinkwater, James, De Laet, Knockaert and Vardy who Pearson identified and bought for relatively little money.

Fact is that Powell has been badly let down by the owners, who have undermined him and failed to give him the backing he needed.

Comment

Originally posted by LanguedocFox View Post
                              It's an impossible question to answer. One thing that's absolutely certain is that no manager is going to take a team up if the owners sell all his best players and give him no time to rebuild. We would not be top of the Championship if our owners had sold all our best academy players - King, Moore etc - and the youngsters like Drinkwater, James, De Laet, Knockaert and Vardy who Pearson identified and bought for relatively little money.

Fact is that Powell has been badly let down by the owners, who have undermined him and failed to give him the backing he needed.
                              I understand what your saying but my gut feeling would be, no he doesn't have what it takes. Now I obviously understand that its unfair to judge on purely gut feeling but the only way to 100% find out would be to gamble and give him the job, and I for one would not be happy to take that gamble and experiment to see whether he can make it.

I would imagine if given the chance he would be a bit like Holloway. Now don't get me wrong Holloway will always be one of my favourite people involved in QPR. But the fact is IMO he'll never quite have what it takes to make it in the premiership. He'll give it his all, his heart and soul but unfortunately he'll never quite make it.

I suppose it all comes down to "one way to find out" and for me I don't want to be that experimental club.
                              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Joseph Barton ‏@Joey7Barton 42m

"Seems a good appointment by Charlton. Youth technical director from Italy. Bottom of the Champ. Not a blade of grass on their pitch.
                                Expand

Won't be much technique being practiced on that park. All I can say is good luck to them all. Hope it works out well... #CAFC

A fiver says it ends in tears...? #anytakers

Is this guy the best candidate? He may well be. 1 question. Where are all the young, hungry, capable British coaches comparatively?

AC Milan youth technical director? Do me a ****ing favour. How is this helping OUR game. We lose a young British coach who has done a......great job at Charlton in Chris Powell. And replace him with some no mark from abroad. Stupidity like this is why we struggle on INT stage

Feel sorry for Chris Powell. Loyal player for the club, did a great job getting them up and this is how he is treated. Shambles.

Wish him every success going forward. It will end in tears for Charlton.

I'm all for the best coming here to work. But not just any old s***e. At one stage we attracted the best players/coaches. Now it just......cheap labour. Its not based on skill. Its based on the fact the lesser foreign coaches will work for less and do as they are told.

Remember, for every Pochettino theres a Pepe Mel.

"I can without a shadow of a doubt name more bad ones than good ones. #ChristianGross. WOW."

Comment

Working...
                                X