Transport Links to OOC site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transport Links to OOC site

So the nearest stations will be Wilesden Junction (closest) and East Acton/White City (bit of a mission).

HS2 is not even relevant and Crossrail are not due to build a station at Old Oak at present. I've seen a date of 2026 so far which is connected to HS2 which has not been given the green light yet.

So does this mean we will all be bundling on the 220 from White City Station then?

North Acton is Close too

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      North Acton is Close too
      East acton is nearer and that's a mission , it's where Car Giant is located where the footprint of the ground will be I believe or the old Rolls Royce building to the older generation just off scrubs lane.

Comment

Junction runs the Bakerloo and Overground. The Overground in particular will be very helpful as that station more or less links to the whole grid (Watford, Acton, Richmond, Clapham, Euston most of North London) so offers loads of options for getting in

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          Junction runs the Bakerloo and Overground. The Overground in particular will be very helpful as that station more or less links to the whole grid (Watford, Acton, Richmond, Clapham, Euston most of North London) so offers loads of options for getting in
          Most QPR fans use the Central and Hammersmith & City lines mate , those 2 lines will serve a very small % of our present support

Comment

The vast majority of fans will be hiking from White City station up Wood Lane/Scrubs Lane

Bet the council wish they'd kept the subways on the A40 now lol

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
              The vast majority of fans will be hiking from White City station up Wood Lane/Scrubs Lane

Bet the council wish they'd kept the subways on the A40 now lol
              Blimey, he's cheering up and cracking jokes.

Comment

How uncomfortable for you lot !! A twelve minute walk from east Acton or a 10 minute walk from Willesden Jcn !!

Comment

Originally posted by Bracknell Neil View Post
                  How uncomfortable for you lot !! A twelve minute walk from east Acton or a 10 minute walk from Willesden Jcn !!
                  Twelve minutes from East Acton….maybe to edge of the development but not the location of the ground, bit like saying I'm at QPR when you reach the Uxbridge Rd

As said Wilesden Junction is not exactly on route for QPR fans whom the vast majority live along the A40 out to Ruilsip and beyond.

I've already weighed my journey up and it will be a Central Line to White City from West Ruislip and a 20 minute walk up Wood/Scrubs Lane up hill or a 220 bus.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                    Blimey, he's cheering up and cracking jokes.
                    Prob just wind!!

Comment

Oh no!!! We have to walk a bit???? How will we ever survive?!?!?!

Christ almighty mate, any little excuse for a moan.
                      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                      Pawel Wszolek - 6
                      Luke Freeman - 6
                      Matt Smith - 6
                      Ebere Eze - 4
                      Joel Lynch - 3
                      Tomer Hemed - 3
                      Toni Leistner - 2
                      Massimo Luongo- 2
                      Angel Rangel - 2
                      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                      Geoff Cameron - 1
                      Aramide Oteh - 1
                      Jake Bidwell - 1
                      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Maybe tony will put on a fleet of buses from white city and the bush.

Just think of the advertising space on them buses.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                          Oh no!!! We have to walk a bit???? How will we ever survive?!?!?!

Christ almighty mate, any little excuse for a moan.
                          Not really mate.

The likes of me and you might be ok but their are a fair few fans whom might find it a ball ache with ill health

Also I'll remind you off this comment when you are slapping back to white city after a 25 minute walk from the ground in sideways rain. Still you can stop at the pavilion for a pint half way as no one else will have that idea.

A little bit more walking after a hard days work or when you're in a rush is always welcome as well

Are we not allowed to discuss something like this after all we are probably the best ground in the country at present for transport links?

Comment

that aint half a steep hill ,going up Scrubbs Lane ,could never cycle it had to walk me bike last 100 yards
                            Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Originally posted by superhoop67 View Post
                              that aint half a steep hill ,going up Scrubbs Lane ,could never cycle it had to walk me bike last 100 yards
                              That's Facto ****ed then!

Comment

Working...
                              X