QPR reveal new stadium plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Frisson View Post
    The words 'Blackpool in December' say a lot.
    Oh right well that 's ok then

Comment

• Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
      I wish those who want to remain at LR would put forward the economic case for staying. All we've read is moans, but come on guys, let's hear a sensible economic counter-argument to the move and how we can become successful on and off the pitch.
      Wont make any difference anyhow as TF and the board couldnt give a sh1t what we want. Oh he tweets a good tweet and he loves to be loved on social media but he is just the spokesman for the rest of the board and their eyes are on the prize and always has been. OOC and the houses/restaurants/ cinema's/music venue with a community friendly football club thrown in to sweeten the deal and help with the planning permission. Happy days for them lot as they have got what they want. Roll on the appeals, planning hiccups, building problems and anything else that may slow them down and throw a spanner in the works.

Comment

• Ok then, so the board won't listen, but it would be nice to read a serious argument from people making the case for staying at LR and how we can be a successful and viable club in the championship.
        Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

I wish those who want to remain at LR would put forward the economic case for staying. All we've read is moans, but come on guys, let's hear a sensible economic counter-argument to the move and how we can become successful on and off the pitch.

SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Like any of us have any control over what the board do. Some people are really scared of change. This has to happen for the club to survive.
            If this doesn't happen, the bankrolling will end. The decent players go, we could end up extinct or in the league 1 or lower.

Go with it and enjoy the ride.

Comment

• Originally posted by supahoopsaaa View Post
              Like any of us have any control over what the board do. Some people are really scared of change. This has to happen for the club to survive.
              If this doesn't happen, the bankrolling will end. The decent players go, we could end up extinct or in the league 1 or lower.

Go with it and enjoy the ride.
              Can't argue with that.
              Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Can't argue with that.
                Yer cos like you said a few months ago clubs are doomed to oblivion if they dont spend millions and get in the prem Poor poor Charlton/Orient/Brentford/Millwall etc...shouldnt someone tell their fans? tell them that because they cant compete in the prem they might as well give up and die? There is more to football than spending millions on average players and trying to compete for 4th from bottom in the premiership. Personally see nothing wrong with league 1, 2 and the Championship where at least the league is competitive and the club doesnt have to pretend to be something it isnt. We are a small club with a small fanbase and trying to double the fanbase too quickly will just turn us into something akin to Fulham, a team we have been taking the mickey out of for years for attempting the exact same thing. Funny how all that is forgotten by those creaming themselves over a new stadium and the opportunity to have their photo taken with some better opposition players. Be careful what you wish for otherwise you might wake up one day and realize your club has sold its soul and you find yourself surrounded by plastics on a matchday.

Comment

• I'm putting this here also......"Data was collected for 21 clubs who have had new stadia within the last 30 years. On average they enjoyed rises in attendance of 41.1% in the first season using the new stadium compared to the season before."...

http://footballplc.weebly.com/the-ne...um-effect.html

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                    I'm putting this here also......"Data was collected for 21 clubs who have had new stadia within the last 30 years. On average they enjoyed rises in attendance of 41.1% in the first season using the new stadium compared to the season before."...

http://footballplc.weebly.com/the-ne...um-effect.html
                    Maybe Dave , but if all these newbie fans couldnt be arsed /were too uncomfortable ,to go to Loftus rd then b ollocks to them ,they dont love Rangers enough ,and i for one dont want to share this brave new world with them
                    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

• Originally posted by vespa View Post
                      Maybe Dave , but if all these newbie fans couldnt be arsed /were too uncomfortable ,to go to Loftus rd then b ollocks to them ,they dont love Rangers enough ,and i for one dont want to share this brave new world with them
                      To fill this stadium they are going to have to create/convert around 20k "fans". Cockney reds fed up watching United on the box and those neutral types that you sometimes talk too who know **** all about football and you are convinced are perfect for Fulham.

Comment

Richard ,PLEASE stop spouting all this c rap ,expecting anyone who dosnt agree with you to come up with a viable economic case or business plan or whatever

We are football fans not Richard Branson,what do we know about business plans .....
                        You just trust in Tony ,and we get that...............BUT i havnt heard a viable economic argument coming from YOU,all weve heard from you is trust Tony ,I trust Tony ,we should all trust Tony

Well some of us have been round the block a few times ,and know that in this life ,there`s not too many people you can honestly trust, certainly with somthing you love as much as we love Rangers
                        Last edited by vespa; 15-12-2013, 02:35 AM.

Comment

• I love Loftus road but to be a competitive side in the premier league you need to improve on facilities. I think it will also improve the calibre of player we attract. Lets just hope and pray we're playing top flight football in 2018. I don't see it being hard to fill. Like I said before I had 3 spurs fans moaning about cramped conditions. Yes they won't be die hard but plenty like me who have mates that support other top flight clubs will come down to the new air asia stadium.
                          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                            I love Loftus road but to be a competitive side in the premier league you need to improve on facilities. I think it will also improve the calibre of player we attract. Lets just hope and pray we're playing top flight football in 2018. I don't see it being hard to fill. Like I said before I had 3 spurs fans moaning about cramped conditions. Yes they won't be die hard but plenty like me who have mates that support other top flight clubs will come down to the new air asia stadium.
                            I dont want to sit with a load of front wheels who arnt Rangers

Comment

• Originally posted by vespa View Post
                              I dont want to sit with a load of front wheels who arnt Rangers
                              That imo though will be the reason for record attendances.
                              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                                That imo though will be the reason for record attendances.
                                may well be right Weare ,but i`m dreading being surrounded by tourists, away fans ,mates of R,s , anyone who dosnt bleed blue and white hoops

Comment

Working...
                                X