No announcement yet.

Top 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the problem is many said Harry is not up to the job and they predicted he would only be able to get us to mid table at best - perhaps flirt with relegation if things didn't start well. Some people are only happy when they are able to say I told you so, even to the detriment of the team we all love
    #standuptocancer
    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
      I think the problem is many said Harry is not up to the job and they predicted he would only be able to get us to mid table at best - perhaps flirt with relegation if things didn't start well. Some people are only happy when they are able to say I told you so, even to the detriment of the team we all love
      I think a lot of fans predicted problems this season under Harry IF we had the same team as last year...Granero, Mbia, Park, Zamora, Samba, Bosingwa, Diakite, Bothroyd etc were players the club has done well to get rid of imo. Harry has a much better squad this season for the Championship and it is looking solid. Just need a bit creativity and pace.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
        I think a lot of fans predicted problems this season under Harry IF we had the same team as last year...Granero, Mbia, Park, Zamora, Samba, Bosingwa, Diakite, Bothroyd etc were players the club has done well to get rid of imo. Harry has a much better squad this season for the Championship and it is looking solid. Just need a bit creativity and pace.
        Agree to an extent mate - but we do still have plenty of Harry doubters and when we signed the likes of Dunne (too old and too slow), Henry (just plain useless), O'Neil (looking for a last pay day) and included the likes of Green as first choice keeper (pony and due at least one mistake per game), Hill (too old and too slow and will get rinsed playing at CB or LB) - and those same people who said those sorts of things are the same ones complaining now, when top of the league and almost in reverse gear.
        #standuptocancer
        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Agree to an extent mate - but we do still have plenty of Harry doubters and when we signed the likes of Dunne (too old and too slow), Henry (just plain useless), O'Neil (looking for a last pay day) and included the likes of Green as first choice keeper (pony and due at least one mistake per game), Hill (too old and too slow and will get rinsed playing at CB or LB) - and those same people who said those sorts of things are the same ones complaining now, when top of the league and almost in reverse gear.
          Very good post!
          Name and shame these same posters is the way to go!

Comment

How very true

Comment

Originally posted by willis1980 View Post
              On the upside were still slightly in the dark about who the top 8 will be, on last years evidence we've played Brighton and Bolton already
              It is all about consistency with a little luck. We have had our fair share of luck considering the performances have been a little below par.

Comment

Burnley and Reading coming up,tough tests

Comment

Not our fault how the fixtures have come out. We've done what we needed to do so far
                  http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                    Burnley and Reading coming up,tough tests
                    I don't buy into your theory at all rebel. Just look at Leicester last night. 3rd in the table and looked woeful against Doncaster. This league is poor and apart from Burnley who at least don't miss sitters I have seen nothing to worry about. Apart from Millwall fans being unstable we should stuff the playing staff as yet another poor side. I can't explain to some of you the vast difference between premier and championship. Top 8 doesn't mean a thing.
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                      I don't buy into your theory at all rebel. Just look at Leicester last night. 3rd in the table and looked woeful against Doncaster. This league is poor and apart from Burnley who at least don't miss sitters I have seen nothing to worry about. Apart from Millwall fans being unstable we should stuff the playing staff as yet another poor side. I can't explain to some of you the vast difference between premier and championship. Top 8 doesn't mean a thing.
                      Tbh i reckon we would get stuffed by most prem teams at the moment too so your right Top 8 doesnt mean a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                        Tbh i reckon we would get stuffed by most prem teams at the moment too so your right Top 8 doesnt mean a thing.
                        Exactly mate. If we cast our minds back to Birmingham 1st half. A dreadful performance for 45 mins and yet they just missed chance after chance. Against most premier sides we would of been 5 down. There just isn't anywhere near the same quality with regards to the strikers.

Comment

I actually think we'll play better against the better teams. The whole set up from squad to management is geared towards playing teams that aren't afraid to come at us. We've a solid defense and, despite what many think, i believe we have quality going forward. We've done what we needed to against the potential banana skins (better than Leicester did!) and I'm quite looking forward to seeing how we're going to get on over the next few games. I've a suspicion we'll see what we've been waiting for...

Comment

Originally posted by twranger View Post
                            No easy games in the championship, they are ALL hard.
                            Im not having that to be honest. We have some right easy games. We have played total toilet on a few occasions and still won. There are easy games in the championship imho. Yesterday being one of them.

Comment

Middlesborough was a stroll tbf.

Comment

Jimmy I think most of us know that TW just loves an old cliche and it's cringe worthy at times but I think you'll find most of us ignore him.
                                I don't actually even see him as a supporter he has always said that football is just a game and has zero passion so he isn't my cup of tea mate.

Comment

Working...
                                X