No announcement yet.

Top 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

agree stain, I haven't been impressed. At times we have been woeful and if we were in the premier league we would of been 4-0 down playing like that. Some of the sitters I have seen missed. Birmingham at home they missed a hatful. I haven't been impressed by any teams in this league, brighton reminded me of swansea when they 1st went up. Lots of passing backwards sideways with no cutting edge, allbeit swansea are far better these days.
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
      agree stain, I haven't been impressed. At times we have been woeful and if we were in the premier league we would of been 4-0 down playing like that. Some of the sitters I have seen missed. Birmingham at home they missed a hatful. I haven't been impressed by any teams in this league, brighton reminded me of swansea when they 1st went up. Lots of passing backwards sideways with no cutting edge, allbeit swansea are far better these days.
      Whether you win a game 1-0, 5-0 or 3-2. You still get 3 points for a win at the end of the day. The teams that go up are historically the teams who concede the least goals. Watford's scored 11 goals more than us but still find themselves 5 points behind us. I've missed the last three games so can't really comment on them but 7 points out of nine and there is still animosity against the team. From what I've seen at times we haven't got out of second gear and we are still undefeated. Personally I couldn't give a t0ss if we are pony all season as long as we go up. There's always two sides, is the glass half full or half empty. You mentioned the Birmingham game but we could of been 6 or 7 up against Sheffield Wednesday if Kirkland weren't on top form that day. I thought we were the better side against Huddersfield but we only came away from there with 1point. Sometimes you win pretty, sometimes it's ugly, sometimes it's dirty and sometimes you win when you don't deserve it. At the end of the day it's about winning, who cares how you do it. The positive to take is that we are winning and we're still in first gear.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
        Whether you win a game 1-0, 5-0 or 3-2. You still get 3 points for a win at the end of the day. The teams that go up are historically the teams who concede the least goals. Watford's scored 11 goals more than us but still find themselves 5 points behind us. I've missed the last three games so can't really comment on them but 7 points out of nine and there is still animosity against the team. From what I've seen at times we haven't got out of second gear and we are still undefeated. Personally I couldn't give a t0ss if we are pony all season as long as we go up. There's always two sides, is the glass half full or half empty. You mentioned the Birmingham game but we could of been 6 or 7 up against Sheffield Wednesday if Kirkland weren't on top form that day. I thought we were the better side against Huddersfield but we only came away from there with 1point. Sometimes you win pretty, sometimes it's ugly, sometimes it's dirty and sometimes you win when you don't deserve it. At the end of the day it's about winning, who cares how you do it. The positive to take is that we are winning and we're still in first gear.
        Never wished I was someone else so much in my life. Ha ha.
        Seriously though, we didn't win at home to Brighton, and stole a win from Yeovil cos Green played so blinding. Ugly draws with terrible performances at home are not good to watch, don't care who says they are, they ant.
        "Though, one good thing is, we haven't even gelled yet, and when we hit second gear, someone is going to get a right tonking'.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmycarter View Post
          Never wished I was someone else so much in my life. Ha ha.
          Seriously though, we didn't win at home to Brighton, and stole a win from Yeovil cos Green played so blinding. Ugly draws with terrible performances at home are not good to watch, don't care who says they are, they ant.
          "Though, one good thing is, we haven't even gelled yet, and when we hit second gear, someone is going to get a right tonking'.
          It's ok saying somebody is gonna get a tonking but if we don't buck up our ideas it will be us. Don't agree with this it don't matter if we are sh*t as long as we go up, when your spending your money on travelling,tickets etc it does matter,when you come away from a game after winning and still feel deflated there is a problem and if you had heard the fans coming out of Yeovil there were 2000 feeling like that.
          Last edited by QPRWEBBIE; 27-09-2013, 09:05 AM.

Comment

The last line is sarcasm.
            We have been terrible offensively for ages now, and it is boring and frustrating. Even Austins under study has scored more than our whole side put together. Says something doesn't it? Says to me we are not good enough going forward. And that is boring, but winning is all that matters , and im being honest there. We need to get back in the land of milk and honey.

Comment

Some of the teams were in the top 8 when we played them, Leeds for example

Don't panic
              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

I cant see us getting "tonked " anytime soon tbh ,beaten yes but not tonked ,the defense is looking tight and hopefully Chevanton will make the difference up front ,and give someone for Austin to play off , i dont know though because i cant say ive ever even heard of him, let alone seen him , before we signed him .
                Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

This is one of the reasons you're perceived as negative, Rebel:

Originally posted by Sprocket View Post
                  I think you will find that most of the top 8 have only played 1 or 2 of the top 8 teams. Some of the teams we beat would be top 8 if they won against us also

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                  Some of the teams were in the top 8 when we played them, Leeds for example

Don't panic

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                  Bookies don't often get it wrong and we are favourites for a reason.
                  Well every single one of them got it royally wrong about us at this stage last season; my wallet is a bullseye poorer for it for betting we'd survive!!

Comment

is there a stand out team in the division that deserve to be top instead of us? no. we have the strongest starting 11 were top because we havent conceded meaning we havent lost
                    i supported qpr in the glory days when chris kiwomya and michael ngonge played up front

Comment

Originally posted by QPRWEBBIE View Post
                      It's ok saying somebody is gonna get a tonking but if we don't buck up our ideas it will be us. Don't agree with this it don't matter if we are sh*t as long as we go up, when your spending your money on travelling,tickets etc it does matter,when you come away from a game after winning and still feel deflated there is a problem and if you had heard the fans coming out of Yeovil there were 2000 feeling like that.
                      Too right there's a problem........if you can't come away from a game feeling elated at winning this season, compared with last years debacle of coming away from games feeling deflated after losing miserably every game with a team that couldn't give a s h 1t and looking down the barrel of relegation every week, that is certainly a problem for anyone who cannot see how good it feels to be winning again and top of the league......winning is winning however that is achieved imo. Some people are never ever happy!
                      Last edited by twranger; 27-09-2013, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Sheff wed at home wasn't boring , Ipswich could have been a rout with a bit more luck . Wins at leeds and Bolton were always going to be tough too . It's only been the last two or three games that have been a bit ropey going forward but in two of those we've still got maximum points . Let's not forget this team still hasn't played together that much and we now have the likes of niko and cheverton to come in . Hoillet has been in and out of the squad and he started the season well . Phillips has only just come back from a broken arm . Think we've had a fantastic start and I'm sure the more flowing attacking football will come in time . This club was in a terrible place last year and I think it should be commended for the way it's bouncing back . How many teams finish bottom of the prem and lead the championship by a clear margin after 8 games the following season ? Not that many I can tell you , just ask wolves

Comment

The reason its different from the prem league is we haven't the quality to compete in that league so for sure we would be being beaten week in week out. This league the quality of teams are more on a level playing field, which is why its hard to call, the overall quality of teams in this league is pretty dire from what ive seen so far. But teams will improve as the season progresses.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
                            Sheff wed at home wasn't boring , Ipswich could have been a rout with a bit more luck . Wins at leeds and Bolton were always going to be tough too . It's only been the last two or three games that have been a bit ropey going forward but in two of those we've still got maximum points . Let's not forget this team still hasn't played together that much and we now have the likes of niko and cheverton to come in . Hoillet has been in and out of the squad and he started the season well . Phillips has only just come back from a broken arm . Think we've had a fantastic start and I'm sure the more flowing attacking football will come in time . This club was in a terrible place last year and I think it should be commended for the way it's bouncing back . How many teams finish bottom of the prem and lead the championship by a clear margin after 8 games the following season ? Not that many I can tell you , just ask wolves
                            Very good point, but still not good enough for some though Greg.....not sure what they want tbh..

Comment

Originally posted by twranger View Post
                              Very good point, but still not good enough for some though Greg.....not sure what they want tbh..
                              I understand the desire for flowing attacking football I really do . I just think we need to look at the bigger picture that's all , Rome wasn't built in a day . Considering the enormous amount of dead wood we had to get rid of and reassemble a squad capable of challenging for promotion in a few short weeks it's very encouraging when I look at the start we've made . Onwards and upwards and three more lovely points tomorrow

Comment

I think the reason people are feeling a bit deflated despite the winning start is that we look like the wheels could come off at any moment and they're dreading that possibility.

If we'd won well and lost a couple already, spirits would be higher; and if we lost on Saturday we'd still be fairly positive about prospects for the season. If we were to lose against Boro people will be saying "I knew it wouldn't last. This is the reality"

I don't think we are anywhere near our potential yet and will only get stronger as the season progresses and we work out our way of overcoming 10 men behind the ball.

Comment

Working...
                                X