Incoming...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
    RE Harrys press conferance after Yeovil says he only has 1 striker and has no one else obviusly thinks Hitchcock too lightweight or not ready? I think he's looking more for a player to hold the ball up?
    CROUCH no brainer
    Yeah, I thought that was out of order. How you meant to motivate young players coming through like Hitchcock, Ehmer etc when the manager gets in front of the press and points out he's only got 1 fit striker and 2 fit centre halves in the squad. I honestly think that half the stuff Harry says is just designed to get the board to do something!
    Last edited by Tarbie; 23-09-2013, 04:28 PM.

Comment

I'm inclined to agree with Harry, I dont consider Hitchcock (10mins first team football, 4 goals for the u21's) a suitable backup for a team top of the league. He's not the messiah, he's a talented youngster who needs at least a season banging in 30+ for the u21's before he should be anywhere near the first team.

Comment

so true.

Comment

Well now we are talking about two different things. One is that he's too similar to Austin and therefore he's not playing, or that he's not ready. If it's the former, I disagree entirely, if it's the latter then there is a case, but if he's not even being put on the bench when we have no other fit strikers, when exactly is he going to get any experience at the correct level?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
            I'm inclined to agree with Harry, I dont consider Hitchcock (10mins first team football, 4 goals for the u21's) a suitable backup for a team top of the league. He's not the messiah, he's a talented youngster who needs at least a season banging in 30+ for the u21's before he should be anywhere near the first team.

This.
            He is not picked because he is not good enough.

Comment

Ok I'm out. Hope everyone is happy when we get a cba Carlton Cole, as he's deemed Ok for this level, in and lump it up to him. Very much hope I'm wrong ofc.

Comment

Originally posted by herman bloom View Post
                Ok I'm out. Hope everyone is happy when we get a cba Carlton Cole, as he's deemed Ok for this level, in and lump it up to him. Very much hope I'm wrong ofc.
                Hey!! No unhappiness is allowed. We're top of the league remember

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                  Hey!! No unhappiness is allowed. We're top of the league remember

Comment

I guess at this stage I would take Crouch & Cole.

Not ideal but we are light in forwards.

Comment

Have we signed anyone then ?

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post

This.
                        He is not picked because he is not good enough.
                        Fair enough Harry doesn't rate him and maybe he's never gonna make a top flight player but there are definitely far worse strikers than Hitchcock playing in this league (Zamora in his current condition is one of them). Surely with the situation we find ourselves in he needs to be used, Austin can't do it all on his own and whoever these 2 new strikers are, they aren't likely to be match fit!

The point I was trying to make is Harry saying Austin is the only striker he has available, and then reiterating his point by saying "there's no-one else here" is actively demotivating Hitchcock and in my opinion, pushing the board into a corner with regards to signing a new striker!

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                          Have we signed anyone then ?
                          Ben Pattie Chelsea U21 @ben_pattie

"Delighted to have signed for QPR , now I await my medical"
                          Last edited by padstow; 23-09-2013, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                            Fair enough Harry doesn't rate him and maybe he's never gonna make a top flight player but there are definitely far worse strikers than Hitchcock playing in this league (Zamora in his current condition is one of them). Surely with the situation we find ourselves in he needs to be used, Austin can't do it all on his own and whoever these 2 new strikers are, they aren't likely to be match fit!

The point I was trying to make is Harry saying Austin is the only striker he has available, and then reiterating his point by saying "there's no-one else here" is actively demotivating Hitchcock and in my opinion, pushing the board into a corner with regards to signing a new striker!
                            I agree Harry doesnt rate him. Harry doesnt rate him up to the point he would rather play an extra midfielder than the youngster so i have to trust Harry's judgement on that one. Tom needs a loan and regular first team football to see if he has what it takes. Good luck to the boy.

Comment

Originally posted by padstow View Post
                              Ben Pattie Chelsea U21 @ben_pattie

"Delighted to have signed for QPR , now I await my medical"
                              Plays for Hemel Hempsted I think, had Chelsea trials over the summer but don't think he ever signed. Doubt this guy is 1 of the 2 strikers Fernandes mentioned, he won't be making an impact on the first team anytime soon!
                              Last edited by Tarbie; 23-09-2013, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                                I agree Harry doesnt rate him. Harry doesnt rate him up to the point he would rather play an extra midfielder than the youngster so i have to trust Harry's judgement on that one. Tom needs a loan and regular first team football to see if he has what it takes. Good luck to the boy.
                                Not disagreeing but we don't have that luxury do we?

Comment

Working...
                                X