No announcement yet.

Junior Hoilett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Jnr needs a season in this division to help his career. As someone said he has and should terrorise defences in this league, will really help his confidence when he makes a step back up again

Comment

Originally posted by maddix View Post
      IF the alleged buyout clause of £ 7 m is met ......AND ...The player wants to leave ...

Then he will definitely go ...The club will be pretty much powerless to stop him

This is not like the Suarez situation ( selling your best player to one of your rivals etc )

PLUS £ 7m is fantastic business for someone who did f all last year really and whilst he may be playing well this year against inferior opposition ...once his head has been turned he will lose interest in us and go back to the way he was last year
      Or he could enjoy playing well and carry on doing so, and help us get promoted.

£7m is neither here nor there if he is the difference between us going up or not(which I think he could be).

Comment

Originally posted by Snaxo View Post
        This.

Sell him for 7M ? Great deal for us.

But not if we don't have an adequate replacement. We can't go until January with the few creative options we are left with.
        We still have the loan market this season.

Comment

Had a decent start but Hoilett must be on £50k - £70k per week. Is he worth that ? Not for me.

If the club was gonna keep a high wage earner in the championship I hope it is Barton.

Comment

Originally posted by zeberdee View Post
            Had a decent start but Hoilett must be on £50k - £70k per week. Is he worth that ? Not for me.

If the club was gonna keep a high wage earner in the championship I hope it is Barton.
            Why "must" he be on that amount????

HE came through at Blackburn so would possibly have been on a lot lower money than you'd expect, then we may have given him a big increase, which could still be a lot less than you suggest.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
              Why "must" he be on that amount????

HE came through at Blackburn so would possibly have been on a lot lower money than you'd expect, then we may have given him a big increase, which could still be a lot less than you suggest.
              Just an estimate. Maybe he missed out on the nice contracts that many others seem to have got. But if not and it is a choice of which players on EPL wages to keep then I would keep Barton before Hoilett.

Comment

Same as that for me Zeb. Plus 7million would be too much to turn down, would love to get that for him and spend it all on Defoe.

Comment

I keep hearing £7mill is too much to turn down, but Gayle cost Palace £6mill

Comment

yeah but they were desperate/panic buying. look at how many we spent untold millions on last season to try and strengthen.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmycarter View Post
                      yeah but they were desperate/panic buying. look at how many we spent untold millions on last season to try and strengthen.
                      Yeah ...they paid too much imo, but i just wonder if Jnr with more prem experience

Comment

Working...
                      X