Junior Hoilett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NortholtRanger View Post
    Back in training and should be in the squad for tomorrow.

Excellent news.
    very good news David has been very good so far this season the only player we have with real pace(except Matt Phillips who still is about 3 to 4 weeks away)

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
      Was kind of hoping he'd be back next week to avoid a last minute pounce by that ******* at Stoke.
      True, but it didn't stop Hughes from signing unfit players when he was here. My hope is more that Oussama Assaidi signing for Joke has solved that particular issue
      #standuptocancer
      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
        very good news David has been very good so far this season the only player we have with real pace(except Matt Phillips who still is about 3 to 4 weeks away)
        And Andy Johnson - people don't realise just how quick he still is. He reminds me of my old 1975 Triumph Spitfire I had back in the day. Spent most of the year sat on bricks on my driveway but when I got the chance to get her ticking over, went like the absolute clappers. AJ is an old model with very few miles on the clock which could turn out to his/our advantage in that he still has desire to play and a relatively underused body, in terms of the miles professional footballers cover in an average career. If he can keep away from the nagging injuries there's a year or two left in the engine yet.
        #standuptocancer
        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

I've just exchanged some tweets with David McIntyre and he seems to think there is a very good chance Hoilett will leave this transfer window, dependant on 'one or two deals elsewhere'.

So he possibly gets sold just as he hits form and when we really need the creativity. Sure Harry wouldn't want him to go and the only reason he would would be a) he wants to and b) the 7 million buyout clause is met ?

Comment

Does anyone else not think 7m is a big sum so if joke were stupid it wouldn't be all bad
            Under Les Ferdinand:
            Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
            Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
            Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
            Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
            And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
              Does anyone else not think 7m is a big sum so if joke were stupid it wouldn't be all bad
              I'd snap their hand off for £7 million. He may be hitting a bit of form now. But his form is sporadic and so is his fitness......

Besides. Plenty of "creative" players for championship level will soon become available as the PL teams announce their 25 man squads etc.

Comment

seeing as we got him for £3.5 mill (compensation fee) last year and we were relegated. £7 mill would be a ridiculous price to pay for stoke but this is hughes we are talking about. As long as he is replaced with equal quality i would take the £7 mill as he is not worth that.

Comment

Wouldn't sell Holliet to Stoke now. Hope we keep him. Read somewhere that Phillips might be available for the Birminghm game.

Comment

Problem is. If he does go this late in the day. No time to replace him. And its not like we're desperate for the mone.

Comment

If Stoke are gonna pay Hoillet's buyout clause (and nothing would surprise me with Mark Hughes) the I wouldn't mind seeing him go. 7m is a lot of money for a player that has struggled for most of the last 18 months!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                        Was kind of hoping he'd be back next week to avoid a last minute pounce by that ******* at Stoke.
                        This wont make a difference, bit like how we signed Phillips even though he has a dodgy arm.

Hoping he stays, he makes a big difference.

Comment

£7m for Junior would be great but I'd prefer him to stay as he will terrorise defences across this league.

If he does go, then there is always the loan system to find a replace for him with.

Comment

IF the alleged buyout clause of £ 7 m is met ......AND ...The player wants to leave ...

Then he will definitely go ...The club will be pretty much powerless to stop him

This is not like the Suarez situation ( selling your best player to one of your rivals etc )

PLUS £ 7m is fantastic business for someone who did f all last year really and whilst he may be playing well this year against inferior opposition ...once his head has been turned he will lose interest in us and go back to the way he was last year

Comment

Originally posted by Cookie Monster View Post
                              Problem is. If he does go this late in the day. No time to replace him. And its not like we're desperate for the mone.
                              This.

Sell him for 7M ? Great deal for us.

But not if we don't have an adequate replacement. We can't go until January with the few creative options we are left with.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                                And Andy Johnson - people don't realise just how quick he still is. He reminds me of my old 1975 Triumph Spitfire I had back in the day. Spent most of the year sat on bricks on my driveway but when I got the chance to get her ticking over, went like the absolute clappers. AJ is an old model with very few miles on the clock which could turn out to his/our advantage in that he still has desire to play and a relatively underused body, in terms of the miles professional footballers cover in an average career. If he can keep away from the nagging injuries there's a year or two left in the engine yet.
                                Unfortunately unlike your Triumph Spitfire, we can't get him a new engine. Maybe one day that will happen and we'll finish up with bionic players.

Comment

Working...
                                X