Two targets I heard last night...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two targets I heard last night...

William Gallas and it seems the lad from Bradford was also watched on Saturday by someone from QPR for there game against Sheffield United.

Has Gallas been training with anyone? He was released in June.

Comment

Gallas Schmallas.

Comment

Please no for Gallas and yes for Nakhi-Wells or Billy Sharp.
        QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Billy sharp yes - I think we need a winger too incase of injury because swp isnt good enough.
          Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
          Lovejoy: "No?!"
          Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by GaxZE View Post
            Billy sharp yes - I think we need a winger too incase of injury because swp isnt good enough.
            We just signed Matty Phillips...

Comment

Nahki Wells would be a great signing. Young, raw talent with huge potential and already scores goals for fun.

Our squad is still not strong though, although the loan window will see a few additions I think.

Personally I think we need another centre half, not sure if Gallas is the type we need though? A left back, creative centre midfielder, winger, 2 strikers.

That's a lot of players to come in but this is a harsh league for injuries and suspensions. Since Hoilett has been injured our creativity has hugely dropped, that says it all.

We have Austin, Johnson and Zamora as our strikers. AJ and Bobby are injury prone. We have youngsters who can fill the gaps but are they ready? Not for me. I think we need to bring in a striker permanently (Wells) and then bring in a loan until January/May (Becchio).

Phillips is a great addition and him and Hoilett on either wing will be quality in this league but we're struggling if either or both get injured. SWP just isn't up to it. This position could be used for a loan deal, along with the creative centre midfield (Tom Carrol)

So for me I'd be looking to bring in a striker, centre half and left back on permanent deals followed by a winger, centre mid and striker on loan.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                Nahki Wells would be a great signing. Young, raw talent with huge potential and already scores goals for fun.

Our squad is still not strong though, although the loan window will see a few additions I think.

Personally I think we need another centre half, not sure if Gallas is the type we need though? A left back, creative centre midfielder, winger, 2 strikers.

That's a lot of players to come in but this is a harsh league for injuries and suspensions. Since Hoilett has been injured our creativity has hugely dropped, that says it all.

We have Austin, Johnson and Zamora as our strikers. AJ and Bobby are injury prone. We have youngsters who can fill the gaps but are they ready? Not for me. I think we need to bring in a striker permanently (Wells) and then bring in a loan until January/May (Becchio).

Phillips is a great addition and him and Hoilett on either wing will be quality in this league but we're struggling if either or both get injured. SWP just isn't up to it. This position could be used for a loan deal, along with the creative centre midfield (Tom Carrol)

So for me I'd be looking to bring in a striker, centre half and left back on permanent deals followed by a winger, centre mid and striker on loan.
                Wells will be as much of a gamble as Hitchcock or Sutherland or Shariff at this level. Why not try to develop our youth for a change. what message would signing someone like wells say to them. Its not like Austen who has a record at this level.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                  Wells will be as much of a gamble as Hitchcock or Sutherland or Shariff at this level. Why not try to develop our youth for a change. what message would signing someone like wells say to them. Its not like Austen who has a record at this level.
                  Strange statement. Hitchcock, Sutherland and Shariff have played 15 minutes of league football between them. Wells has played 76 games for Bradford and a hand full before that elsewhere. Not only that but he has scored a goal every other game in the football league whereas they have scored one between them. Yes, wells would be a risk, like signing any other player of his ilk, but to say what you have makes no sense imo
                  #standuptocancer
                  #inyourfacecancer

Comment

How is signing Wells as much a gamble as our younger lot?

As Blue says, he's played 76 times for Bradford, scoring 33 goals and I'd guess a lot of them appearances to begin with were as a substitute.

Wells is very raw but has the knack of scoring goals and I'm a firm believer of scoring goals at any level is a gift and it doesn't matter whether he's playing in League Two or the Premiership. I've watched him numerous times last year with Bradford and he's a busy striker who puts a shift in and is very composed when scoring goals, the lad will go far in my opinion.

We're very very short in the strikers department when you think about AJ and Bobby having dodgy injury records. Hopefully they both stay fit but I can't see that being the case. At the moment I'd put my house on Austin, AJ and Bobby not being available for a few games this season and for me Hitchcock, Sutherland and Shariff aren't ready for the challenge of being our main strikers yet.

Bringing in Wells and Becchio would bring healthy competition for places and also maintain a strong set of strikers to get us through a tough season. The youngsters will still get chances, it's a long old season.

Comment

As Blue says, he's played 76 times for Bradford, scoring 33 goals and I'd guess a lot of them appearances to begin with were as a substitute.

Wells is very raw but has the knack of scoring goals and I'm a firm believer of scoring goals at any level is a gift and it doesn't matter whether he's playing in League Two or the Premiership. I've watched him numerous times last year with Bradford and he's a busy striker who puts a shift in and is very composed when scoring goals, the lad will go far in my opinion.

We're very very short in the strikers department when you think about AJ and Bobby having dodgy injury records. Hopefully they both stay fit but I can't see that being the case. At the moment I'd put my house on Austin, AJ and Bobby not being available for a few games this season and for me Hitchcock, Sutherland and Shariff aren't ready for the challenge of being our main strikers yet.

Bringing in Wells and Becchio would bring healthy competition for places and also maintain a strong set of strikers to get us through a tough season. The youngsters will still get chances, it's a long old season.
                      Nice post mate, hope he does well if he joins.

Comment

I Agree but £3 million For someone who has scored goals in a division 2 leagues below us is a gamble. and i am sure if one of our youngsters had played as many games at that level then they would have comparable stats. I also agree that someone like Becchio would be a good signing. Again experienced in this league. My point is is that if we are going to spend money on strikers and we all agree that it is a top priority then the becchio / billy sharp type player would be better for me with our younger players as back up when required.

Comment

I'm a firm believer of scoring goals at any level is a gift and it doesn't matter whether he's playing in League Two or the Premiership.
                          Jermaine Beckford and Jay Bothroyd say hi.

Comment

I Agree but £3 million For someone who has scored goals in a division 2 leagues below us is a gamble. and i am sure if one of our youngsters had played as many games at that level then they would have comparable stats. I also agree that someone like Becchio would be a good signing. Again experienced in this league. My point is is that if we are going to spend money on strikers and we all agree that it is a top priority then the becchio / billy sharp type player would be better for me with our younger players as back up when required.
                            True but the price tag being mentioned for Wells would be in total not up front. He's also going to improve drastically over the next few years whereas Becchio and Sharp are already the finished article. I wouldn't be disappointed if we signed Sharp at all though but I just believe Wells would be a good addition to the squad now but more importantly a great signing for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
                              William Gallas and it seems the lad from Bradford was also watched on Saturday by someone from QPR for there game against Sheffield United.

More predictions for the ITK league to file

with one correct prediction out of 13, your on a hiding to nothing dazzer.

good on you for keeping going.

off to paste this onto the itk thread now. good luck mate, you need it!
                              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Working...
                              X