Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
    Joseph Barton ‏@Joey7Barton 9m
    Sitting on the bog for 12 hours until you lost the use of your legs, would be more entertaining than a test match on day 1.

Guess he didn't really enjoy it.
    He has a point though.

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
      He has a point though.
      Typical of the young folk and their short attention spans these days.....if a sporting event isn't over in 140 characters or less they don't want to know.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
        Joseph Barton ‏@Joey7Barton 9m
        Sitting on the bog for 12 hours until you lost the use of your legs, would be more entertaining than a test match on day 1.

Guess he didn't really enjoy it.
        There's a joke in there somewhere!!!...cricket...bog...runs.....

Comment

• Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
          Typical of the young folk and their short attention spans these days.....if a sporting event isn't over in 140 characters or less they don't want to know.

Cricket IS boring though..........

Comment

• Originally posted by twranger View Post
            Cricket IS boring though..........
            It's a bit love or hate, I'll grant you that, but there are so many layers to a test match that you don't get in the short forms of the game.

It's not near football in terms of the emotional investment for me, but most of the time it is absorbing and occasionally it's exhilarating.

Comment

It's a bit love or hate, I'll grant you that, but there are so many layers to a test match that you don't get in the short forms of the game.

It's not near football in terms of the emotional investment for me, but most of the time it is absorbing and occasionally it's exhilarating.
              fair comment!.....I was a bit glib with my comment!
              suppose it needs getting into and understanding it.....I can appreciate that!

Comment

• No need, I can completely understand people not enjoying it. A five day game that doesn't necessarily end with a winner is very silly frankly. And very British!

Comment

• Well I was at the Oval today and I didn't see him or Austin! Must have been in the Posh seats!
                  First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

No need, I can completely understand people not enjoying it. A five day game that doesn't necessarily end with a winner is very silly frankly. And very British!

Disagree there mate. Test cricket is very much an English thing, not British. There is a difference
                    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

140 characters is one thing Deeps. Watching one match which invariably finishes the week after it started is an entirely different thing altogether.

And as for the rain shortening the game, well. I suppose cricket fans should just be grateful Cliff Richard isn't a fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                        Disagree there mate. Test cricket is very much an English thing, not British. There is a difference
                        Like a moth to a flame.....

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                          140 characters is one thing Deeps. Watching one match which invariably finishes the week after it started is an entirely different thing altogether.

And as for the rain shortening the game, well. I suppose cricket fans should just be grateful Cliff Richard isn't a fan.
                          That was very much a tongue in cheek comment tbf

Comment

Like a moth to a flame.....

As regards cricket.......any sport that stops for 'tea' has just got to be dull.....

Comment

• Shin pads on the outside will never catch on....

Comment

• Cricket is very much an acquired taste. I used to hate it for the usual reasons: "Boring". "Mostly played by toffs" etc.

But after playing it, and getting to understand its sometimes subtle complexities - I now frickin' love it.

Cricket players are a tough bunch too. Shane Watson took a full-on 90 mph Stuart Broad ball to his neck yesterday. Cricket balls are rock hard. After a couple of minutes of figuring out where the hell he was again - he got up, took a couple of painkillers and went on to score 176........

Comment

Working...
                                X