Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adel Taarabt supposedly signing tomorrow for...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
    It was a pretty special season though and we'd never have got promoted without him. Best to just remember him for that really, and for some of his genius and sublime skill that hasn't been seen at LR for 20+ years.
    19 goals and an absolute ton of assists, some of which were some of the most sensational goals and pieces of skill I've ever seen.

Each to their own, but I'll remember that very fondly, alongside the frustrations. If only I could do the same for more players in the last few years.

Comment

• Well Adel does certainly divide opinion, but for me, he is far more effective than either of the wide men we had starting for us yesterday. Bad attitude ? Most definitely, but in a team full of people that work hard we could afford to have one player that has a few issues. He is that good. This is the championship, not the premiership.

I would offer a different opinion for the premiership.

Get him back to Loftus Road and let's stop making a meal of this division.

Comment

• People throw out that its the championship but conveniently forget the guy in pre season said he don't want to play for us in the championship and asked to leave

Comment

• west acton, no one disputing that he is odd but he will p&ss this Division. He throws tantrums. He said he would not play for his country again. He did. He is our player. Get him back, use him and then flog him in the summer. He certainly will not appreciate in value sitting in Fulham reserves.

Comment

• Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
            One season out of how many and even then fell out with most of his teammates.

Think you have a short memory as that season was also littered with his antics and poor performances. Hull away, Derby at home when a shot Savage had him in his pocket, disappearing before the Leeds game when we might have needed the points, player of year do when he didn't get the award, shall I go on.
            The players told you that did they? You're picking out his flaws again, let's put them aside for now, he done more good than bad that season, without him we wouldn't have been promoted. Fact. Yes he didn't have the same impact in the following seasons but was 10x more effective than most of the other players we had. I don't believe for one second his behaviour affected the others, they probably didn't even care. A few of you keep banging on about how he was upsetting the players and being a bad influence; It's easy to assume that but where's the evidence?
            "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

• Originally posted by conners View Post
              Well Adel does certainly divide opinion, but for me, he is far more effective than either of the wide men we had starting for us yesterday. Bad attitude ? Most definitely, but in a team full of people that work hard we could afford to have one player that has a few issues. He is that good. This is the championship, not the premiership.

I would offer a different opinion for the premiership.

Get him back to Loftus Road and let's stop making a meal of this division.
              That's just it, we wouldn't have a team full of hard working players as they would all get pi##ed with his antics

Comment

• Originally posted by conners View Post
                west acton, no one disputing that he is odd but he will p&ss this Division. He throws tantrums. He said he would not play for his country again. He did. He is our player. Get him back, use him and then flog him in the summer. He certainly will not appreciate in value sitting in Fulham reserves.
                I hear what your saying Con but the fact he said he don't want to play for us in the championship does not fill me with much hope in the event he came back as what's changed??? he would only be playing for us as a second option because hes flopped (as some predicted he would) at Fulham

The Adel of last time we were in the championship with a better attitude I would have back but I am not convinced he will be able to recreate that as everything before that season and since it suggests that season was a one off purple patch. If he returned the expectations of him would be well in advance of what he would deliver

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  I hear what your saying Con but the fact he said he don't want to play for us in the championship does not fill me with much hope in the event he came back as what's changed??? he would only be playing for us as a second option because hes flopped (as some predicted he would) at Fulham

The Adel of last time we were in the championship with a better attitude I would have back but I am not convinced he will be able to recreate that as everything before that season and since it suggests that season was a one off purple patch. If he returned the expectations of him would be well in advance of what he would deliver
                  I'd have the Adel of the last promotion season back with exactly the same attitude he had then. It was bad then and we still walked the league.

It won't happen now, and we have more than enough quality to get promoted comfortably. It would still be nice to see him strut around Loftus Road again though, making defenders look like mugs, even if he occasionally makes himself look like a mug with his childish attitude.

Comment

• I thought sixty odd per cent of this forum hated fulham with a burning passion and more than any other club? So how can you not hate adel for doing that to you and going to, in your eyes our arch enemies? Dont get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                      I thought sixty odd per cent of this forum hated fulham with a burning passion and more than any other club? So how can you not hate adel for doing that to you and going to, in your eyes our arch enemies? Dont get it.
                      I don't have any feeling about Fulham at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
                        The players told you that did they? You're picking out his flaws again, let's put them aside for now, he done more good than bad that season, without him we wouldn't have been promoted. Fact. Yes he didn't have the same impact in the following seasons but was 10x more effective than most of the other players we had. I don't believe for one second his behaviour affected the others, they probably didn't even care. A few of you keep banging on about how he was upsetting the players and being a bad influence; It's easy to assume that but where's the evidence?
                        NW and Shaun Derry have both talked about how the rest of the team had to adapt to accommodate Adel and that there were resentments. It's also well documented how some didn't want him back following his walkout after the stuffing we got from Fulham in 2011.

I'm sure that Adel was a huge part of getting us promoted but only because he was happy and playing well. That was the season that he actually lived up to the inflated opinion he has of himself. He hasn't come near since and probably never will IMO. Move on I reckon.
                        "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

• I think the majority on here would say he was brilliant in our promotion year. Likewise most would say it's best for him to move on.
                          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                          This morning's tempest I have to cross
                          I must be guided without a stumble
                          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• The double standards of some of our fans is embarrassing. We slate the likes of Bosingwa and Mbia etc for their poor attitude and wanting to leave but bend over backwards for a player who had one good season (albeit a fantastic one) in four and asked to get out in the fifth

What part of asking to leave and not wanting to play for us do his supporters not grasp???

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                              The double standards of some of our fans is embarrassing. We slate the likes of Bosingwa and Mbia etc for their poor attitude and wanting to leave but bend over backwards for a player who had one good season (albeit a fantastic one) in four and asked to get out in the fifth

What part of asking to leave and not wanting to play for us do his supporters not grasp???
                              There's a difference between Taarabt, and the guys who let us down so badly last season.

I don't think Mbia had a bad attitude when he played, he was just poor btw

Comment

• Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
                                There's a difference between Taarabt, and the guys who let us down so badly last season.
                                So was Adel defunct of any responsibility last season??

Comment

Working...
                                X