Moose on LBC - Mackie to Forest 1.5m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    But it's not though is it? The English Premier League is probably the best league in the world, and in terms of the best football sides in the world I think you would have to say the top 3 (maybe even top 4 or 5) teams in the Premiership would make the top 10 teams in the world.

What is so wrong with wanting to see players make an effort when they turn out for the team you support? God knows they are getting paid enough money to do so. I understand that you aren't going to win much with a team of players that aren't good enough but try their best.The flip side of that however is you could have the most talented bunch of players on the planet but without the right attitude and work ethic you will also achieve nothing..........we learned this last season!

It winds me up to see lads on here hero worshiping Adel because of what he could be. For me he is the worst type of player because he has wasted every ounce of talent that he has been blessed with. I can guarantee you that if you could give somebody like Mackie the talent that Adel has he would be a world beater!
    I agree with Robson. You need to find a middle ground somewhere between try hards & talented players; taking it to the extremes, I would try farking hard and run my b0ll0cks off every single game given the chance to play for QPR, but I have nowhere near the ability to do so. Then you could have a player with Lionel Messi's ability but he can't be bothered to even break into a jog.

On a less exaggerated but more realistic scale, you get the whole Mackie v Tarbs situation again - one has limited ability (personal best is 12 kick ups) but gives 100% every game, the other has talent in abundance yet his attutude stinks sometimes & can't even turn upto training on time. We have seen last season that neither of these can really cut it at the top level (not consistantly, anyway). You need the right balance of the 2.

I agree with you in that it's frustrating seeing talented players waste their ability with seeming lack of effort, but I have to admit I do agree with Robson in that the British way seems to be to applaud and cheer a try hard who tackles with his face, yet lambast a flair player for daring to try and take a player on. And you're reply is tlking about the PL - I think Robson was referring to the National side. The best players in the PL aren't British. Just look at the National side, we are pathetic and worlds behind the top footballing nations. We don't have a single adventurous player that can compare to the likes of Neymar, Messi, Ibrahimovich, Robben etc.

Originally posted by Shania View Post
    What excatly did an unfit Adel do last season in the prem?
    Robson hasn't mentioned Adel by name, has he? Not sure why you've replied with him?
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
      I'd bite their hand off. He works heard, but is a donkey who thinks he's Messi and tries far too much for a player with such limited ability.
      He knocks in a decent number of goals though, at least compared to the current alternatives.

Comment

blah blah blah blah blah...............blah blah blah
        you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
          I agree with Robson. You need to find a middle ground somewhere between try hards & talented players; taking it to the extremes, I would try farking hard and run my b0ll0cks off every single game given the chance to play for QPR, but I have nowhere near the ability to do so. Then you could have a player with Lionel Messi's ability but he can't be bothered to even break into a jog.

On a less exaggerated but more realistic scale, you get the whole Mackie v Tarbs situation again - one has limited ability (personal best is 12 kick ups) but gives 100% every game, the other has talent in abundance yet his attutude stinks sometimes & can't even turn upto training on time. We have seen last season that neither of these can really cut it at the top level (not consistantly, anyway). You need the right balance of the 2.

I agree with you in that it's frustrating seeing talented players waste their ability with seeming lack of effort, but I have to admit I do agree with Robson in that the British way seems to be to applaud and cheer a try hard who tackles with his face, yet lambast a flair player for daring to try and take a player on. And you're reply is tlking about the PL - I think Robson was referring to the National side. The best players in the PL aren't British. Just look at the National side, we are pathetic and worlds behind the top footballing nations. We don't have a single adventurous player that can compare to the likes of Neymar, Messi, Ibrahimovich, Robben etc.

Robson hasn't mentioned Adel by name, has he? Not sure why you've replied with him?
          Spot on Matty. Football is all about opinions some people love mackie whilst they hate the Adel types, and visa versa. Will never tell someone they have no clue what they are talking about if they say mackie is better then adel or whatever as that is their opinion.

I agree with Tarbie that the premier league is a great league, I wouldn't say it's the best, but what makes the premier league great? The foreigners. I can probably name the 30 top outfield players in the prem before reaching an english player (rooney or gerrard). The home nations are woeful on the international stage, you think someone like Barry or Milner will get a look in one of the elite nations because they try hard and suck up to their club fans?
          @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
            Spot on Matty. Football is all about opinions some people love mackie whilst they hate the Adel types, and visa versa. Will never tell someone they have no clue what they are talking about if they say mackie is better then adel or whatever as that is their opinion.

I agree with Tarbie that the premier league is a great league, I wouldn't say it's the best, but what makes the premier league great? The foreigners. I can probably name the 30 top outfield players in the prem before reaching an english player (rooney or gerrard). The home nations are woeful on the international stage, you think someone like Barry or Milner will get a look in one of the elite nations because they try hard and suck up to their club fans?
            Exactly that mate.

If only we could instill Mackie's heart & effort into Adel eh!!

Comment

Exactly that mate.

If only we could instill Mackie's heart & effort into Adel eh!!
              If that was the case he will be doing a lot better for himself then playing for QPR.
              @chrisrobson9

Comment

couldnt agree more young robbo....'opinions' are what makes this forum so special....im not 100% in agreement with you on this one bit your opinion is respected and given some serious thought!
                you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

If we want to be promoted Mackie is not good enough to start. Never a winger and we cant rely on him for goals. Before anyone says he has banged them in at Championship level he got about 8 in 7 games and then a total of 1 goal in the next 15 games. Agyemang had a similar purple patch.

So he is a squad player at best. Would be a useful sub in last 20 minutes of games but nothing else. If he is not happy with that role then Forest should be his destination.

Should also bear in mind his effort and running was better suites in the Prem when we were chasing the ball. This season we will have a lot more of the ball and to be honest he is not very good when he has it.

Comment

If we have more signings coming in, then sell. Makes no sense to get rid if not though. Not first choice up front or on the wing.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                      Dont think Harry would let him go. I would want him in my trench.
                      Would you indeed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post

Agree with your comments regarding flair over attitude.
                        Personally stunned how fans want Adel out yet rate Mackie who runs into corners and never looks up.
                        Without adel we simply have no creativity and that's a fact.

I don't agree with your foreign comments. I also think it's terrible for the english national side, something I know you have no interest in Robson but the foreigners have taken over the premier league and Roy just doesn't have the qty to choose from, so imo we should restrict the amount in 1 side. For arsenal to not field 1 englishman is wrong.

Also Gerrard is up there with the very best Robbo.
                        He is englands only world class player imo and yes you can put him in the elite list.
                        Playing for a poor liverpool side has ment he hasn't won as much silverware as his ability deserves but he is quality, so no way could you name 30 better foreign players, very disrespectful and false.
                        Last edited by WeAreQPR12; 22-07-2013, 11:13 AM.
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Some fair comments WeAre. I think Gerrard is decent but, personally, wouldn't put him in the "World Class" category - purely because I deem this as those players that would get into a select world 11 which, for me, he wouldn't even make the bench.

Comment

The premier league is the most fashionable league in the world.. Football is better in Germany and Spain but its boring. The demand for premier league football around the world is HUGE... Hence why the the top 6 clubs go all around Asia every year.
                            http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Some fair comments WeAre. I think Gerrard is decent but, personally, wouldn't put him in the "World Class" category - purely because I deem this as those players that would get into a select world 11 which, for me, he wouldn't even make the bench.
                              As much as it pains me to agree with WeAre, for me Gerrard is probably the only truly World Class player that the England have produced since David Beckham's glory days. Some would argue Wayne Rooney, Joe Hart, Frank Lampard or John Terry and for me they are all great players but to be truly World Class you need to be performing at the top of your game consistently for both club and country for a decent length of time, which for me Gerrard has been doing for over a decade (minus a few gaps for injuries).

I appreciate what you are saying about Gerrard not making the starting 11 for a "World Select" at the moment, and I'll give you that. To me that is a refection that there are some exceptional players in that position across the globe and not a reflection on Gerrard himself. I would also argue that he could step into any squad on the planet even at his advancing years and force himself into the starting lineup when fit week in week out!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                                Agree with your comments regarding flair over attitude.
                                Personally stunned how fans want Adel out yet rate Mackie who runs into corners and never looks up.
                                Without adel we simply have no creativity and that's a fact.

I don't agree with your foreign comments. I also think it's terrible for the english national side, something I know you have no interest in Robson but the foreigners have taken over the premier league and Roy just doesn't have the qty to choose from, so imo we should restrict the amount in 1 side. For arsenal to not field 1 englishman is wrong.

Also Gerrard is up there with the very best Robbo.
                                He is englands only world class player imo and yes you can put him in the elite list.
                                Playing for a poor liverpool side has ment he hasn't won as much silverware as his ability deserves but he is quality, so no way could you name 30 better foreign players, very disrespectful and false.
                                It comes from the kids grass roots mate, if the English lads were good enough they would be snapped up by the prem teams, simple. Prem teams have a lot of money and scouts all over the world and will sign kids from wherever if they are good enough. The English park youth set up is all wrong IMO. Playing on full size pitches from u14s or whatever with their so called coaches and managers not letting them enjoy football. It's all about lumping it forward to the big guy who's hit puberty first and getting stuck in, whilst the parents are giving dogs abuse from the sidelines at the kids doing step overs or whatever.
                                @chrisrobson9

Comment

Working...
                                X