No announcement yet.

How did you become a QPR fan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

born in Queens Park, moved to Kensal Green, I used to walk through the cemetary with my mates at the age of 8 to the scrubs, never looked back - where I grew up you either supported us or the scum - no contest

Comment

Me old man ensured I was Rangers from birth. And I'm farking glad of it n all - wouldn't wanna support anybody else.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Grew up in Loftus Road and lived right next to the Loft entrance so couldn't avoid it !

Comment

Older brother, then my husband being fan, couldn't really support any other team, also being from Harrow I had the choice of either supporting Watford or Rangers as my nearest big team to support.

Comment

Originally posted by wewillbeback View Post
            born in Queens Park, moved to Kensal Green, I used to walk through the cemetary with my mates at the age of 8 to the scrubs, never looked back - where I grew up you either supported us or the scum - no contest
            don't...full of zombies i hear. spooky place.

Comment

Lived in Braybrook St. Was a no brainier

Comment

Originally posted by QPR_NW10 View Post
                don't...full of zombies i hear. spooky place.
                nah they are Somalians just asking if you have any change

Comment

My grandfather - he lived in the area in his younger days, before WWII. I was just starting to get into football at school and he started telling me about QPR. Also, I loved the blue and white hooped kit ! My Dad was a gooner - but as I became a QPR fan and probably more into football than him, he ended up taking me to QPR when I was young fairly regularly. In the end, I pretty much converted him !

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                    One of my sisters took me in 1971.
                    Silly cow still sends me text messages after we win saying well done, as if I've had anything to do with it. They have been less frequent this season though.
                    Bob,bob,bob. Ehemmm.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Snaxo View Post
                      My grandfather - he lived in the area in his younger days, before WWII. I was just starting to get into football at school and he started telling me about QPR. Also, I loved the blue and white hooped kit ! My Dad was a gooner - but as I became a QPR fan and probably more into football than him, he ended up taking me to QPR when I was young fairly regularly. In the end, I pretty much converted him !
                      That's the one thing about QPR my mum always liked - the kit. Sorry, that was the only thing!

Comment

I grew up in kensal green and didn't know any scum fans.it was either arsenal, spurs and the odd rangers.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
                          My mum and her parents went to Wembley in 1967. She had me in a knitted kit as a one year old so I stood no chance....
                          Similar story, but only a few months old at the time without the luxury of rich parents making such a wonderful piece of knitwear.
                          Born Queen Cs, 1st year in Sterndale, next 4 in Wormholt; got expelled from Pope Johns, aged 5 for trying to set it on fire; as punishment, parents moved to Harlesden then Stonebridge :( Wanted to support Man City from age 6 as I liked their shade of blue, but wasn't allowed (thankfully).

I thought it was my old man that was responsible, as he used to go drinking & gambling with Stan & the guys; but after 40+ years of thinking that, my old man turned round to me on the phone last year telling me that his team (chelscum) were doing OK - I did the right thing & disowned him immediatly & haven't spoke to him since (true story).

So apparently, it was my Mum that was responsible for me following QPR. (only took me 45 years to find that out huh).
                          Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                          Work Best When Open...
                          @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Qprnw10 View Post
                            I grew up in kensal green and didn't know any scum fans.it was either arsenal, spurs and the odd rangers.
                            things were alot different 40 years ago.

Comment

Im a huge fan of 'struggling'....seemed an obvious choice.

Comment

things were alot different 40 years ago.
                                Islington is probably closer to kensal green than Fulham is,so not surprised they've replaced Chelsea's fanbase around there.

Comment

Working...
                                X