How did you become a QPR fan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
    I thought it was my old man that was responsible, as he used to go drinking & gambling with Stan & the guys; but after 40+ years of thinking that, my old man turned round to me on the phone last year telling me that his team (chelscum) were doing OK - I did the right thing & disowned him immediatly & haven't spoke to him since (true story).

So apparently, it was my Mum that was responsible for me following QPR. (only took me 45 years to find that out huh).
    Maybe a little harsh James?
    @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
      Maybe a little harsh James?
      Initially I thought not Carl.

But now that I think of it, maybe I should give him a call & thank him for not condoning me to the life he had to endure supporting that pile of inbreds down the road.
      Minds Are Like Parachutes.
      Work Best When Open...
      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Mum's dad was a QPR fan and when I was born I was a QPR fan final.

Comment

dad pushed me into it accidently.
          He is hammers and took me to see west ham v QPR in 76, QPR won 6-1 and i liked their kit, hooked ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by Quaz View Post
            ...QPR won 6-1 and i liked their kit...
            you shallow man
            Banning people is no longer my hobby,
            but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
            http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Quaz View Post
              dad pushed me into it accidently.
              He is hammers and took me to see west ham v QPR in 76, QPR won 6-1 and i liked their kit, hooked ever since.
              That really should be a "p" rather than a "k"....:drunk:

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                you shallow man
                the kit done it

Originally posted by twranger View Post
                That really should be a "p" rather than a "k"....:drunk:
                never thought of that

Comment

Raffle prize...
                  Okay, really can't be bothered to say again that my brother got fed up with me changing my allegiance as a child, held a football coupon to my face, told me to pick a team and stick to it and got me to sign a contract to support them evermore.
                  Sadly, that's the truth. It was either that or die.
                  Chose them from the coupon because I was into cowboys and Indians and "Rangers" was the most exciting name to me, they just got promoted, had Stan Bowles and loved the unusual colours. It all fell into place.
                  Last edited by RussRanger; 24-01-2013, 08:06 PM.

Comment

My wonderful old man . His parents were both rangers his mum used to work in a shoe shop near the ground where the players would go and get their boots repaired ( lovely old girl and she must have told me that story a thousand times but it never gets boring ) . My dad brainwashed me and my brother from a very young age and I never really have thanked him for it . Will do everything in my power to make sure when I have kids they are Qpr and if they arnt I suppose try can always go and live in the shed

Comment

There was this Maltese player back in the fifties, Joe Cini, who used to play for QPR. I was eleven when I was told in mid-sixties about Cini's adventure. I started supporting the R's straight away.

Comment

i liked what I saw when we became runners up after Liverpool, but got really,really hooked on QPR when we signed Gordon Hill from United. I didnt excatly have them as a favourite team, but very much admired thier forwardline at the time; Jimmy Greenhoff, Stuart Pearson, Steve Coppel and Gordon Hill were all great players.
                        Poor Gordon Hill, a future England player was never an important player at Loftus Road due to an injury he picked up when he played for Derby, but players like Chris Woods, Alan Mcdonald, Clive Allen and Paul Goddard really caught my eyes..:pleasantsuprise: and well, the rest is history really.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

for my sins

Comment

first game was with the old fella, 1984 lower loft behind the goal, two smelly tramps standing in front. think they had some mental issues.

the game was midweek against luton, floodlights on. the smell of booze and hot pies hmmmmmmmmmmm been going ever since.

i love you rangers!

wayne fereday my fav player.

most hated was wilmot brown.
                            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by toplondonclub View Post
                              Older brother, then my husband being fan, couldn't really support any other team, also being from Harrow I had the choice of either supporting Watford or Rangers as my nearest big team to support.
                              That sounds like your older brother became your husband !!

Comment

My Dad owned Greyhounds running mostly at the White City, where Stan would trade tickets and signed photos for 'insider' info ........

The bad news for Stan was even though my Dad had trained dogs since before the war, if he fell into a bucket of T I T S he would've come out sucking his thumb

The bad news for me is I've had to endure a lifetime of this sh1te ........... :strive:
                                "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
                                For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

Working...
                                X