Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Would you ever consider doing this?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ArthurQPR_NYC
    Silver Seat
    • Jul 2013
    • 1323

    #1

    Would you ever consider doing this?

    http://www.cityam.com/235229/charlto...and-duchatelet

    Seeing as a select number of WATRB posters here would sooner slap their mother across the face, then profess love for TF or the board, would you ever consider doing what the Charlton fans have done here?

    short summary: Charlton fans bombarded an energy drink company who were considering a commercial deal with the club, and successfully convinced the drink company to cancel the deal.
    LITERALLY TAKING MONEY AWAY FROM THEIR CLUB!

    What do most of us here think about this move by their fans? How far is too far when it may damage the club itself?
    22
    YES
    0.00%
    0
    NO
    100.00%
    22
    UNDECIDED / OTHER (explain below)
    0.00%
    0
    Rangers Til I Die
    follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr
  • brightonr
    Banned
    • Mar 2009
    • 10922

    #2
    Charlton have some of the most stupid fans imaginable.

    Only they could call for Alan Curbishley to be sacked on the basis that he has taken them as far as he can. Completely ignoring that it was way further than anybody else had for years. Got exactly what they deserved with relegations to League One and never been within sniffing distance of where they were. Looks like they haven't learnt much.

    Comment

    • Ramsey is god

      #3
      No.

      you have to be some sort of M0ron to not want your club to get money from sponsorship's.

      far too many people get themselves too involved and worked up about off field issues.

      Comment

      • Jimmy Floyd Rabbit
        Gold Seat
        • Sep 2012
        • 8957

        #4
        Silly c####

        Comment

        • jmelanie
          Gold Seat
          • Aug 2011
          • 7525

          #5
          Can we vote on whether this poll will be the only one to have 100% yes.

          Comment

          • acricketer
            Platinum Seat
            • Mar 2009
            • 12068

            #6
            Didn't read the poll. Just voted no.

            Comment

            • Ginger Ninja
              W12 Seat
              • Jan 2010
              • 17458

              #7
              Of course not.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

              Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

              Summer Transfers 2019

              IN


              OUT

              Comment

              • Lunar Jetman
                Silver Seat
                • Jan 2010
                • 1380

                #8
                I didn't know there were enough Charlton fans to "bombard" anything...

                Comment

                • vespa
                  Gang of Four Members
                  • Mar 2011
                  • 6903

                  #9
                  Charlton do have a lot of divs following them.
                  Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

                  Comment

                  • vanhoop
                    CCG
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 9642

                    #10
                    If the energy drink was Bells I'd say Jim Davidson would be shocked!!
                    Ooh northern lads love gravy

                    Comment

                    • Kirill
                      W12 Seat
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 19359

                      #11
                      Much as I hate TF, I would not do this for one simple reason: the club needs every penny it can get now.
                      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                      but take a look at my photo blog:

                      http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

                      How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

                      Comment

                      • James1979
                        Silver Seat
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 4857

                        #12
                        No. Can barely find the energy or interest for vote for this poll let alone one like that.

                        Comment

                        • Kevin Mcleod
                          Referee
                          • Aug 2013
                          • 17322

                          #13
                          Originally posted by Kirill
                          Much as I hate TF, I would not do this for one simple reason: the club needs every penny it can get now.
                          What makes you say we need money? Did that PM from the banned itk member give details that we need money as well then, cos I can't see anyone else saying we 'need every penny we can get.'

                          Comment

                          • CroydonCaptainJack
                            Gold Seat
                            • Jan 2011
                            • 6141

                            #14
                            Originally posted by Kirill
                            Much as I hate TF, I would not do this for one simple reason: the club needs every penny it can get now.
                            Really?
                            You never mentioned that before.

                            Comment

                            • Kirill
                              W12 Seat
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 19359

                              #15
                              Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack
                              Really?
                              You never mentioned that before.
                              Yeah, I totally forgot and no one on here was bright enough to surmise this. So glad to have rectified this now.
                              Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                              but take a look at my photo blog:

                              http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

                              How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                              http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

                              Comment

                              Working...