Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
    Top striker but legend? Not for me.

Out of the recent crop of players the only one who gets legend status in my eyes is Clint Hill - bleeds QPR.
    This. It's not just talent and performance that makes a legend. It's something else.....

Comment

Can anyone see him coming back to the Bush when in his 50's like some of the proper legends and getting applauded at the start or halftime ....think not

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
        Can anyone see him coming back to the Bush when in his 50's like some of the proper legends and getting applauded at the start or halftime ....think not
        He's a modern day Legend... 'Proper Legends' (Sir Les, Bowles, Marsh, Mcdonald etc etc) will never happen again imho. Players who have a genuine love for the club and almost put the club 1st before thinking of their own future.... Also too much dollar involved now. Money money money thats all the modern day player really cares about now, not the club.
        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
          He's a modern day Legend... 'Proper Legends' (Sir Les, Bowles, Marsh, Mcdonald etc etc) will never happen again imho. Players who have a genuine love for the club and almost put the club 1st before thinking of their own future.... Also too much dollar involved now. Money money money thats all the modern day player really cares about now, not the club.
          Exactly. Some on here seem to be way out of touch. Football is a totally different thing now.
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
            TBH at the rate with which legends come out at half time, I wouldn't be surprised to see Zamora come on the pitch in his 50's
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

He is in the same catergory as Adel for me, although personally I would actually probably hold Adel higher simply due to the fact he spent more seasons at the club.

Comment

Ha ha. No. So far from it it's not even right to ask the question. Legend isn't the same as 'very good player'.

Comment

Working...
                X