Is chaz a qpr legend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is chaz a qpr legend?

This is mainly to the fans who are around my age and didn't get to see the likes of Bowles and marsh ect....the word legend gets banded around to easily but I genuinely think he is one for us.

I'm just short of 30 and he's got to be up there. To me he's a legend, 1 in 2 goal ratio and won so many games on his own. Played with heart, passion and for the shirt.

Absolutely gutted he's gone, feels like a bit of qpr is missing atm but completely understand him moving on.

Just interesting to see if people of my generation would rate him as a qpr legend!!
    Yes
    25.29%
    no
    74.71%
    Last edited by maidstone_hoop; 17-01-2016, 11:54 PM.

Not for me. I'm 28. I loved watching chaz just the same as i did adel but neither make it into the legendary status i hold the likes of Macca in. For me to be a legend you need to be at a club for a longer period of time.
    Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
    Lovejoy: "No?!"
    Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Nowhere close to being a legend.

A good player in the short time he was here but a legend ? No chance.

Comment

I'm 30 so didn't get to see the likes of Bowles and marsh but Chaz is most defiantly not a legend . That label is too readily used these days . He's a great striker , that's about it

Comment

Cambridge dictionary defines legend as "someone very famous and admired, usually because of their ability in a particular area", which I think applies to Charlie, so I'll go with that. QPR legend without doubt.

Comment

Not for me. For me a legend in football is someone who performs over a long period. Two and a half years isn't long enough.

Great for the club but nowhere near a legend for me.

Comment

No. No way.

I'm gutted he's gone - but we always were but a shortish-term stepping stone (Southampton was always the aim - check my posting history).

He's a nice bloke though - and I'll always look to see how he's doing.

I also hope he gets his shot at the Euros.

Comment

yes, for me. im 26

most of the reason i say yes though is because in this era of modern football, someone who did what charlie did and represented the club publically and off the pitch like charlie did is bloody rare.
                have nothing for jealousy for those of you who were there for les, macca, bowles and marsh. i often tell others I reckon I was born in the wrong era of football supporters. but I would say that you need to take the era and modern age into consideration.
                Rangers Til I Die
                follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

I'm 25 and he's the best striker I've ever seen play for us and that play off 2nd leg game against Wigan was one of the best nights of my life with his double to put us into the final. So yes i would say he is to me.

Comment

Wasn't here long enough to be called a legend imo.
                    Best striker I've seen since Sir Les? Sure. Legend? Nah.
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Although you were asking the question to people of your generation, unfortunately I'm way past that, but would like to give you my opinion anyway.
                      In his all too brief time here, he has been our best player, by a country mile. Certainly the best striker we've had since LF, and who knows, if he had stayed, might have surpassed him.
                      Coming from a non league background, made him appreciate how privileged he was to be a professional footballer, and gave his all every time he wore the Hoops. Unlike most modern day players, who've never served an apprenticeship, had to clean the senior pro's boots, changing rooms and other mundane duties which built character and respect. I know times have changed, but giving their all every time they put the shirt on, was the minimum requirement.
                      If the club had been better run, had we managed to avoid relegation from the PL, with the resources at our disposal, gradually progressed to becoming an established PL team, who knows...
                      Maybe there'd be no reason for him to leave, maybe we could have helped him to achieve his England ambitions, and maybe, just maybe, he would have been up there, with the likes of Langley, Marsh, all the 1975/76 squad, Macca. I'm sure I've missed quite a few others out, but it's late, and I've had a few.

Comment

I think for any generation legend should be defined as some one who is with the club for at least 5 years.
                        I know a lot of players will fall out of the Legend category but for me only Macca was a legend out on his own.

Comment

Originally posted by GaxZE View Post
                          Not for me. I'm 28. I loved watching chaz just the same as i did adel but neither make it into the legendary status i hold the likes of Macca in. For me to be a legend you need to be at a club for a longer period of time.
                          I was just about to post the exact same thing, he could've been but you need to stay longer at a club. This was a short stepping stone for Charlie.

Comment

Yes for me. It's a word banded about way too much, and I know he wasn't with us all that long, but I still think he is. Maybe it is because in my lifetime we have such a small number of people we can call a legend that, comparatively, I feel he is.

Bagged to goals to get us promoted (who can forget that home leg vs Wigan), was pretty much the only positive from another shambolic PL season last year, and cruised to 10 goals in an injury hit first half of the season this year.

Legend for me. Just about. However, can understand why some of the older generation who are lucky enough to have witnessed some proper legends may not think he quite meets that criteria.
                            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                              Yes for me. It's a word banded about way too much, and I know he wasn't with us all that long, but I still think he is. Maybe it is because in my lifetime we have such a small number of people we can call a legend that, comparatively, I feel he is.

Bagged to goals to get us promoted (who can forget that home leg vs Wigan), was pretty much the only positive from another shambolic PL season last year, and cruised to 10 goals in an injury hit first half of the season this year.

Legend for me. Just about. However, can understand why some of the older generation who are lucky enough to have witnessed some proper legends may not think he quite meets that criteria.
                              true..i am not sure that in 40 years time Fans will be talking about Charlie in the same way they do about Stan Bowles , Rodney Marsh, Gerry francis, Alan McDonald, Clive allen, Les Ferdinand, etc True legends.
                              but he will be in the same way people talk about..John Byrne , simon Stainrod, Gary bannister, a sort of sub legend if you like. Another season, 50 goals and then maybe..

Comment

Working...
                              X