Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voted 'Needs more time'.

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
    Note to Kev and Ginge: This is not a Jimmy out poll.... Only a statement of opinion after seven games.

Comment

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/f...tingham-forest

Comment

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
        Sorry Shans, gonna take a lot more than our support.
        He must be experimenting or something like that.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Im 100% in the pro jimmy camp at present nut this quote on the offy cracked me up

Attentions now turn to two league fixtures in a week, both away from home, and Hasselbaink added: “I don't believe in luck. It is what it is. We have to keep going. Keep knocking on the door and our luck will turn
          Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/qp...joSxDBx24ea.99

Says he doesn't believe in luck and then says if we keep going our luck will turn. Errrrrrm

Comment

Daft Poll. Ask a year from now.

Comment

A snippet from Alex Ferguson's early years as Man Utd manager, from wikipedia:

"In September, United suffered a humiliating 5–1 away defeat against fierce rivals Manchester City. Following this and an early season run of six defeats and two draws in eight games, a banner declaring "Three years of excuses and it's still crap ... ta-ra Fergie." was displayed at Old Trafford, and many journalists and supporters called for Ferguson to be sacked. Ferguson later described December 1989 as "the darkest period [he had] ever suffered in the game", as United ended the decade just outside the relegation zone."

At that point, many fans and journalists clearly thought they knew best, and had they had their wish, he would have gone. Now I'm not saying JFH is the new Alex Ferguson, but I do believe it's fruitless and pointless to call for his head now. He needs the rest of the season, at least, before we can begin to judge him. The constant knee-jerk call for a manager's head with any form of downturn is the default position for so many fans it seems, and far too many chairman acquiesce. Managers need time with teams and constantly firing QPR managers has not helped us. We need to stick with someone for a bit and JFH is the man for now.

Comment

The poll isn't calling for his head.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                  Daft Poll. Ask a year from now.
                  Careful, you might get picked out for thinking this is a JFH out poll
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                    The poll isn't calling for his head.
                    I know that, but I'm responding to the calls for his head on this site and giving a context for the early form of JFH as QPR manager.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                      He needs more time, and will get results if people will support him and the team home and away.
                      Yes he needs more time but he's gotta show the fans something too. You can't turn out the utter sh*te that we've seen in every game (bar 2nd half against Brighton) since he's arrived and expect the unconditional backing of the fans. I could even deal with us losing games if I saw something there to encourage me but I honestly think the football and tactics are worse than Ramsey!

I will add that I'm not calling for JFH's head (yet), but I do think he needs to get the players playing for him, soon!
                      Last edited by Tarbie; 09-01-2016, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Needs more time. I'll give it until first week of October 2016 = what Ramsey got from me too.

Comment

Needs more time
                          "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

B
                            Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                            A snippet from Alex Ferguson's early years as Man Utd manager, from wikipedia:

"In September, United suffered a humiliating 5–1 away defeat against fierce rivals Manchester City. Following this and an early season run of six defeats and two draws in eight games, a banner declaring "Three years of excuses and it's still crap ... ta-ra Fergie." was displayed at Old Trafford, and many journalists and supporters called for Ferguson to be sacked. Ferguson later described December 1989 as "the darkest period [he had] ever suffered in the game", as United ended the decade just outside the relegation zone."

At that point, many fans and journalists clearly thought they knew best, and had they had their wish, he would have gone. Now I'm not saying JFH is the new Alex Ferguson, but I do believe it's fruitless and pointless to call for his head now. He needs the rest of the season, at least, before we can begin to judge him. The constant knee-jerk call for a manager's head with any form of downturn is the default position for so many fans it seems, and far too many chairman acquiesce. Managers need time with teams and constantly firing QPR managers has not helped us. We need to stick with someone for a bit and JFH is the man for now.
                            By that logic we should have given more time to Paul Hart and the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                              B

By that logic we should have given more time to Paul Hart and the rest.
                              I think we've binned a few managers over the years that would have come good given time. Paul Hart was not one of them!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                                Yes he needs more time but he's gotta show the fans something too. You can't turn out the utter sh*te that we've seen in every game (bar 2nd half against Brighton) since he's arrived and expect the unconditional backing of the fans. I could even deal with us losing games if I saw something there to encourage me but I honestly think the football and tactics are worse than Ramsey!

I will add that I'm not calling for JFH's head (yet), but I do think he needs to get the players playing for him, soon!
                                I see what you mean and I hope he is just giving this formation and a few of the players people saw on the pitch today a last chance.
                                QPR
                                Best team in the world
                                Sort of

Comment

Working...
                                X