No announcement yet.

Ipswich game a 6 pointer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely not a 6 pointer/must win game, but would be nice to get a win!
    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
      Definitely not a 6 pointer/must win game, but would be nice to get a win!
      I know it's a bit early for it to be a must win game, but it is a 6 pointer, do the maths.

Comment

There are 72 points still to play for this season so declaring any game at this juncture as a "must win 6-pointer" is a bit OTT.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
          Wasn't that at home?
          It was the away game but the score was 0-3, fantastic game in the evening, both teams unbeaten at the time. The home game was 2-0 so you're right there
          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

If Ipswich is a 6 pointer then every game is a 6 pointer.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
              There are 72 points still to play for this season so declaring any game at this juncture as a "must win 6-pointer" is a bit OTT.
              Where in the thread does it say this is a "must win" game? What I said was we need to win to stay in the race for a play-off spot. Ipswich win and they go 8 points ahead of us. It's not a must win game.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                If Ipswich is a 6 pointer then every game is a 6 pointer.
                Not if the team we are playing are only one or two points ahead of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed the Ball View Post
                  Not if the team we are playing are only one or two points ahead of us.
                  If they were 6 points clear wouldn't it be a bigger six pointer??

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                    My concern is that even if we go up, is this team good enough to survive.
                    Who cares? The competition at the moment is the Championship. Worry about next year when it comes. What's the alternative....lose a few games 'cos we're not a Prem outfit?

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                      Who cares? The competition at the moment is the Championship. Worry about next year when it comes. What's the alternative....lose a few games 'cos we're not a Prem outfit?

Comment

Originally posted by Ed the Ball View Post
                        I know it's a bit early for it to be a must win game, but it is a 6 pointer, do the maths.
                        We won't go above them if we beat them so it is nothing like a 6 pointer.

Comment

It's a 3 pointer.

Comment

So how many minimum points ahead is a six pointer? And how many minimum points ahead is a five pointer and a four pointer?

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                              If they were 6 points clear wouldn't it be a bigger six pointer??
                              yes

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                                We won't go above them if we beat them so it is nothing like a 6 pointer.
                                It is, if we lose we go 8 points behind, a bit of a gap. If we win it's only 2 points behind and closing in on a play-off position. It's a six pointer, people just feel the need to disagree.

Comment

Working...
                                X