Ipswich game a 6 pointer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We won't win this one. Draw at best.

JFH's first win will be Huddersfield at home.

Comment

No 6 pointers in December. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
        We won't win this one.
        Depends on JFH putting the right 'we' out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
          We won't win this one. Draw at best.

JFH's first win will be Huddersfield at home.
          Cheers Mystic Meg

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
            Cheers Mystic Meg
            Ha..you're welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by Ed the Ball View Post
              We will win then
              Hope you're right. We have won a few in that time, notably the game in the season we topped the league, 0-2 I think in Kyle Walkers first game. Buzzacky scored a corker only to be ruled a pen for an earlier offence
              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                Hope you're right. We have won a few in that time, notably the game in the season we topped the league, 0-2 I think in Kyle Walkers first game. Buzzacky scored a corker only to be ruled a pen for an earlier offence
                Wasn't that at home?

Comment

Charlie plays we have a real chance. He doesn't and I feel we will lose. Simple as that really

Comment

I think he is being assessed today.

Comment

Scraping into the play off places is not enough imho. There are about four teams who have been going like a train pretty well all season. Getting into the top six is the (relatively) easy part, the challenge is to then suddenly beat a team who has been much better than us all season up till now. Yes, we got lucky last time against Derby but to be in with a real shout of promotion we need to get on a real run in the second half of the season and be the in-form team in the division. We have stopped being poor. Now we have to start being good, and fairly quickly too. Won't lose any sleep if we fail to win at Ipswich but we need to start reliably putting lesser clubs to the sword in Jan. We start winning some of those matches 3 or 4 nil at home and nicking some away games 1-0 rather than these constant draws - then I will start believing.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                        Scraping into the play off places is not enough imho. There are about four teams who have been going like a train pretty well all season. Getting into the top six is the (relatively) easy part, the challenge is to then suddenly beat a team who has been much better than us all season up till now. Yes, we got lucky last time against Derby but to be in with a real shout of promotion we need to get on a real run in the second half of the season and be the in-form team in the division. We have stopped being poor. Now we have to start being good, and fairly quickly too. Won't lose any sleep if we fail to win at Ipswich but we need to start reliably putting lesser clubs to the sword in Jan. We start winning some of those matches 3 or 4 nil at home and nicking some away games 1-0 rather than these constant draws - then I will start believing.
                        My concern is that even if we go up, is this team good enough to survive.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                          My concern is that even if we go up, is this team good enough to survive.
                          As it stands, clearly not. It will take years to build a proper infrastructure. We would be back to buying probably an entire back four for starters. Just have to hope that this time we would buy the right players. Other smaller Premiership clubs such as Palace have bought lots of players and made it work. They just have to be established top flight players who are not at the end of their careers. With the new TV money arrangements, well managed, smaller clubs are proving there can be a viable future in the Premier League. Who would have thought that Leicester, Palace and Watford would be doing better than the likes of Chelsea?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                            No 6 pointers in December. Sorry.
                            Why are you sorry Jimmy?

Comment

Haven't you contradicted your opening statement 'As it stands clearly not', with 'Who would have thought that Leicester, Palace and Watford...their defences are mainly pre- prem?

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
                                Haven't you contradicted your opening statement 'As it stands clearly not', with 'Who would have thought that Leicester, Palace and Watford...their defences are mainly pre- prem?
                                I don't think so as all three have strengthened (as far as I am aware).

Comment

Working...
                                X