Should Charlie start against Charlton?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
    Last couple of times we played in the championship we won the first game.
    Don't bother mate . All these people that can see into the future it's a surprise they ain't winning the ####ing lottery every week

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
      We had a much better team then
      Did we?
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
        Did we?
        I would say so, hope this team proves me wrong, was we ment to have a wager on the first home game, I can't remember if it was you ginger
        You Rsssssss

Comment

While he's employed, and being paid by us, why wouldn't / shouldn't he start?

Comment

We had a much better team then
            Its hindsight speaking, on paper it wasnt all that. The general consensus at the time was Orr (crap), Hill (old+crap), Derry (old+crap), Mackie (crap goal scoring record at Plymouth), and Tarbs (glimpses, but done fuk all his entire career), HH (so crap we loaned him to Watford).

I'm not saying our new signings will replicate the 2010 team but lets have a bit of faith eh

Comment

Everybody seems to be assuming that Charlie will be motivated, or is so good that he will play well even if he is not motivated.

I think that even though he is a model professional, his mind will be on his pending transfer and he will not be motivated - and that even Charlie will not play well if his mind is elsewhere.
              'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                Its hindsight speaking, on paper it wasnt all that. The general consensus at the time was Orr (crap), Hill (old+crap), Derry (old+crap), Mackie (crap goal scoring record at Plymouth), and Tarbs (glimpses, but done fuk all his entire career), HH (so crap we loaned him to Watford).

I'm not saying our new signings will replicate the 2010 team but lets have a bit of faith eh
                faith didn't do george michael any favours
                You Rsssssss

Comment

faith didn't do george michael any favours
                  Boy George did tho
                  Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

I would say so, hope this team proves me wrong, was we ment to have a wager on the first home game, I can't remember if it was you ginger
                    Wasnt me that i can recall pal. Only wager im aware of is with that QprQpr muppet, £200 to qpr in the community. If we go down, i pay, if we stay up, he pays.
                    Don't think he will pay though.
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Boy George did tho
                      You mean with his gait?

https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

i voted no then immediately changed my mind the least we owe him is some game time, i wouldn't start fer though if hes going

Comment

Of course he should start. He's our player until someone willing to pay what the board wants and if he's fit i'm sure he wants to play and give 100% for the shirt

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                            Everybody seems to be assuming that Charlie will be motivated, or is so good that he will play well even if he is not motivated.

I think that even though he is a model professional, his mind will be on his pending transfer and he will not be motivated - and that even Charlie will not play well if his mind is elsewhere.

That's the point though , he hasn't got a pending transfer because no one has met the valuation . Until they do he's our player and we should be playing our best players . It's quite simple

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
                              Don't bother mate . All these people that can see into the future it's a surprise they ain't winning the ####ing lottery every week
                              Pmt?....

Comment

It's not about what I'd like because I'd want Charlie to play, my favorite player and he isn't match fit.

If he is definitely leaving then we need to give our new players the game time and time to gel in now, not after the transfer window closes and trailing points. I'd have Charlie on the subs bench and bring him on when needed, we need to look into the future of this club now.

Our team is still learning from one another and we'll be adding more to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X