No announcement yet.

Should Charlie start against Charlton?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you think his head won't be right why have him on the bench ?
    If that is the case he shouldn't be involved at all.
    He seems too much of a professional to me so play him. His job is to score goals, he loves his job, no brainier !
    “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
    Will Danaher

Comment

If we pay him we play him that simple

Comment

thats a thought actually did he play atall in the newport or atalanta game at all? cause he seemed incredibly un fit at barnet

Comment

Not for me, dont care how good he is or how much we pay him. His not part of our future plans and could get injured which would have a massive effect on us selling him and getting good money for him. It would also be stopping someone who is part of plans in Polter, getting a game and confidence.

I think some on here need to let their affections for Rangers players go a little quicker and easier.. Adel was the same, people wanting him to play no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
            Not for me, dont care how good he is or how much we pay him. His not part of our future plans and could get injured which would have a massive effect on us selling him and getting good money for him. It would also be stopping someone who is part of plans in Polter, getting a game and confidence.

I think some on here need to let their affections for Rangers players go a little quicker and easier.. Adel was the same, people wanting him to play no matter what.

cant see how you can compare the two.
            One was lazy and had the wrong attitude. The other has done nothing more than behave like a pro.
            Should we drop every player once another club makes an offer for them, even if the player in question doesn't appear to be manipulating a move ?
            “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
            Will Danaher

Comment

To be fair none of us really know the full situation right now RE: Charlie Austin Saga. But we can make a rough guess that he will 100% be sold if another club reaches the price we value him at. Therefore you could suggest that he shouldn't play...

Although, lets be honest we are in no position to be pushing out best striker since Sir Les out the door so quickly.

We are well under resourced in the striker department currently and have been for years. Charlie is still our only real goalscorer and threat in front of the goal.
              Charlie works hard and will be the difference in any team in the championship
              If you're paying a player, who is a decent player, then PLAY that player.

It's not like the lad is pushing his way out of the club, he's here until he's told that we've sold him.

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
                cant see how you can compare the two.
                One was lazy and had the wrong attitude. The other has done nothing more than behave like a pro.
                Should we drop every player once another club makes an offer for them, even if the player in question doesn't appear to be manipulating a move ?
                Not comparing the two as players or people this is where you have missed my point. I'm comparing the sentiment given by fans towards the two of them.
                Because Rangers fans havent been blessed with a lot of talent down the years, as soon as there is one player with talent, they would do anything to keep seeing them in a Rangers shirt, no matter what the situation or what the player does to disconnect with fans - You could probably throw Remy's name in the mix as well.

Again, not comparing Adel and Charlie as people or players, just comparing fan sentiment toward both.

Comment

You play the best players you have available and so if he is available he plays. That simple.

I do agree with the notion if he isn't fully motivated he may not be the player he is when firing. But he is a goalscorer and a natural finisher and a half motivated Austin is still a better striker at this level than anything else we have.

Comment

Originally posted by SammyKojoe View Post
                    You play the best players you have available and so if he is available he plays. That simple.

I do agree with the notion if he isn't fully motivated he may not be the player he is when firing. But he is a goalscorer and a natural finisher and a half motivated Austin is still a better striker at this level than anything else we have.
                    Not as simple as this. A lot of people have this viewpoint but we've seen in other players at bigger clubs who are looking for a move/looking to be moved on, its not always as easy as that. There's a lot more that goes on behind the scenes which makes this view complicated.

Comment

Good debate. For me you play Polter, & give him the message that he is the main man now.

Comment

Originally posted by A Man Without A Clue View Post
                        Good debate. For me you play Polter, & give him the message that he is the main man now.
                        I agree to the sentiment but he isn't ever going to be the 'MAIN' man... he is a target man, hard worker and will score 6-10 goals every season but will offer 6-10 assists. (IF he proves his worth of course)

The main man will always be your Charlie Austins, Jordan Rhodes, Danny Ings etc. Strikers who thrive of a ball played on the floor into feet whether its in and around the box.

Comment

I'm 100% sure if Charlie Austin was picked in the starting 11 he would be committed to winning the game.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                            I agree to the sentiment but he isn't ever going to be the 'MAIN' man... he is a target man, hard worker and will score 6-10 goals every season but will offer 6-10 assists. (IF he proves his worth of course)

The main man will always be your Charlie Austins, Jordan Rhodes, Danny Ings etc. Strikers who thrive of a ball played on the floor into feet whether its in and around the box.
                            Please can someone save this comment for a later date....

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                              Please can someone save this comment for a later date....
                              Save away my West London friend, it's not a nasty comment, in fact I am being quite fair and factual on the type of player he is. There isn't many tall target men that have come through who scored 30 goals in a season like Charlie could. (IMO)

Sure you can name a few that have scored 10-20 goals possibly but it's not natural for a player of his size.

He will be a great asset, but we still need either Charlie or somebody of the same calibre / role.

Comment

This season in particular, with our inexperienced squad, it could very easily go down to goal difference to whether we stay up or not. And to leave last seasons 4th top goal scorer in the Premiership on the bench would be mad imho

Take advantage of Austins goals while they're still here.
                                SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Working...
                                X