Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would You Drop Charlie Austin And Play Loic Remy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Connell10 View Post
    here we go again all the experts having a say! the way i see it there is no way you drop someone who scored 20 goals for us last season, works his boolox off and cares for the club for someone who didnt want play for us last season and dosent want to be here! some posters on here have very short memories! if you start doing such crass things as this you run the risk of destroying the dressing room spirit! HAVE YOU LEARNT NOTHING????????? THESE SORTS OF THREADS REALLY PISH ME OFF!
    But whats the difference in replacing ned and simpson like some want to do? Both played well for QPR last year but the fact is we now got better players. Im sorry mate but I strongly disagree with your point of view. Firstly I love charlie and have had disagreements in other threads with people who think he needs replacing or wont hit a barn door in the prem which I think is a joke. The fella is quality imo and will comfortably make the step up. However in my honest opinion and not being bias I know that remy is the bette rplayer at present and has the experience. I genuinely believe remy is a level up from Austin.
    Remy guarantess us goals imo where I dont think at present we can 100 % say that about Austin. Remy didnt abandon us last year, he was loaned out to play prem football in a world cup year. Nothing wrong with that at all.
    When he was with us the first time in a relegation scrap no one can say he didnt pull his weight. He gave it a damm good shot in a p*** poor team. But im rambling a bit here, the point is remy is better than charlie. The question to me is if you had to choose one so I personally went for the better player, who also in my opinion has not disrepected the club in any way.
    I really hope next year we play both together.

Comment

Originally posted by Connell10 View Post
      ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ive heard it all before from all the "experts" last time we come up! all i can say me old mucker is be careful what you wish for!
      Did remy come across to you as one of the mercenaries who didnt care the last time he was here then? He palyed bloody well and scored some class goals and think its totally wrong to put him in the same category as the other pr*** we signed.
      We have a world class striker here and we are seriously having a debate whether to start him over Charlie. Only at QPR. Is there going to be the same fuss made over ferdinad replacing dunne or hill who played out of their skins last year?
      Last edited by maidstone_hoop; 28-07-2014, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
        Did remy across to you as one of the mercenaries who didnt care the last time then? He palyed bloody well and scored some class goals and think its totally wrong to put him in the same category as the other pr*** we signed.
        We have a world class striker here and we are seriously having a debate whether to start him over Charlie. Only at QPR. Is there going to be the same fuss made over ferdinad replacing dunne or hill who played out of their skins last year?
        Is he world class though ? Would you have classed Sir Les as world class ?

Grant Holt and Ricky Lambert contributed similar goal tallies in their first full premier league season but would never be deemed in the same bracket as Remy. Don't get wrong he is decent but would the title 'Premier League' class be more appropriate. Hardly set the World Cup alight did he?

Comment

Remy IS a class above even Austin would acknowledge that.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
            Is he world class though ? Would you have classed Sir Les as world class ?

Grant Holt and Ricky Lambert contributed similar goal tallies in their first full premier league season but would never be deemed in the same bracket as Remy. Don't get wrong he is decent but would the title 'Premier League' class be more appropriate. Hardly set the World Cup alight did he?
            He hardly played in the world cup.

apps goals in brackets
            2013– Queens Park Rangers 14 (6)
            2013–2014 → Newcastle United (loan) 26 (14

He has pretty much averaged 1 in 2 in the prem and you think thats standard prem class and comparable to grant holt and lambert? Thats a joke isnt it?

Remy is different gravy and could hold his own in a top four team all day long.

Comment

Ricky lambert scored 13 in 37 games in his first season which is pretty decent and what Austin should aim for but as you can see remy's stats are much better then that and I really dont understand your comaprison. The holt one is priceless.

Comment

He hardly played in the world cup.

apps goals in brackets
                2013– Queens Park Rangers 14 (6)
                2013–2014 → Newcastle United (loan) 26 (14

He has pretty much averaged 1 in 2 in the prem and you think thats standard prem class and comparable to grant holt and lambert? Thats a joke isnt it?

Remy is different gravy and could hold his own in a top four team all day long.
                Sorry I thought the World Cup was the place world class players shine, make their mark.

Re. Holt & Lambert just stating a fact about their goals total.

Anyway was Sir Les world class? I'm just trying to gauge your yard stick here

Comment

Remy should be playing for a top 4 club and perhaps with the exception of Man City would start for every other Premier League club. I don't think the same can be said of Charlie Austin and I don't think it ever will.

Yet to some he is not good enough to start for QPR??? Unbelievable. Thankfully those who would play Austin over Remy are on this forum and not anywhere near football management. You can tell from Harry in that press conference today Remy will be the main striker who he would expect 20 goals from. Again he hasn't or won't say the same about Austin.

Comment

Sorry I thought the World Cup was the place world class players shine, make their mark.

Re. Holt & Lambert just stating a fact about their goals total.

Anyway was Sir Les world class? I'm just trying to gauge your yard stick here
                    Your fact about lambert and holt was meant to be a compariosn which I just showed is well off. Just because remy didnt play for france in the world cup doesnt mean he isnt world class - Benzema is the main man and fair enough.
                    I think a player who is averaging 1 goal in every two games in the prem league in one sh** team and one average team is world class. I think by watching his movement, timing and finishing that hes world class.
                    Les was a different type of player and no I wouldnt say world class as much as I love him - I think remy is a very talented player and If liverpool had signed him he would of thrived there.

Comment

It's like everyone is on the rag round here.....

This is not an either / or scenario. If both are available, sometimes both will play. Remy would be my first choice, but as I keep saying it doesn't matter who plays up there without the service, and that is our most serious problem right now.

Comment

Originally posted by SammyKojoe View Post
                        Remy should be playing for a top 4 club and perhaps with the exception of Man City would start for every other Premier League club. I don't think the same can be said of Charlie Austin and I don't think it ever will.

Yet to some he is not good enough to start for QPR??? Unbelievable. Thankfully those who would play Austin over Remy are on this forum and not anywhere near football management. You can tell from Harry in that press conference today Remy will be the main striker who he would expect 20 goals from. Again he hasn't or won't say the same about Austin.
                        So why haven't Chelsea been knocking at the door where's the offer from Arsenal...must have also missed Man Utds representatives missing with the club. Only Liverpool came knocking in the end and they won't be Top 4 this season. Has anyone on here said he isn't good enough for Rangers, I guess some fans just value players who have a bit of commitment and integrity after all the **** we've been through.

Comment

commitment and integrity
                          Get where you're coming from but without class commitment and integrity will not be enough. My local rugby club has commitment and integrity but the moment we're up against a team who can play, we struggle. Just like the Rs.

We've never once looked a classy side since about 77 ;) Be nice to start putting that right.

Comment

So why haven't Chelsea been knocking at the door where's the offer from Arsenal...must have also missed Man Utds representatives missing with the club. Only Liverpool came knocking in the end and they won't be Top 4 this season. Has anyone on here said he isn't good enough for Rangers, I guess some fans just value players who have a bit of commitment and integrity after all the **** we've been through.
                            So W12 would you say to keep hill and dunne at cb next year over caulker and ferdinand? What has remy done wrong for wanting to sign for a top four team when hes more then good enough.
                            It made sense for liverpool to sign remy when they are short on strikers....Utd still have hernandez, welbeck, rooney and van persie on their books and van gaal has said he wants to look at the youngsters.
                            Mouriniho well I dont know and wenger is mad not to take a punt.
                            Sentiment will only get us so far.....but tbf this thread is lethal as I think harry will find a way to have both in the team if Remy does stay. My answer is based on the question who is the better player and thats remy hands down. I also think this remy agenda where he showed no commitment is very harsh when you look at the cricumstances involved.

Comment

Your fact about lambert and holt was meant to be a compariosn which I just showed is well off. Just because remy didnt play for france in the world cup doesnt mean he isnt world class - Benzema is the main man and fair enough.
                              I think a player who is averaging 1 goal in every two games in the prem league in one sh** team and one average team is world class. I think by watching his movement, timing and finishing that hes world class.
                              Les was a different type of player and no I wouldnt say world class as much as I love him - I think remy is a very talented player and If liverpool had signed him he would of thrived there.
                              But at his peak Sir Les was averaging 1/2 and making a **** load as well. Maybe you can compare their stats as they both played for QPR and Newcastle. Sir Les was a different gear to Remy I'm not sure you see that much off him to think different.

Was Kevin Phillips world class he played for **** teams and was bloody prolific?

I think Remys stats are pretty average as far a premier league strikers go. He is decent but he's no world beater and his career up to now says exactly that

Comment

But at his peak Sir Les was averaging 1/2 and making a **** load as well. Maybe you can compare their stats as they both played for QPR and Newcastle. Sir Les was a different gear to Remy I'm not sure you see that much off him to think different.

Was Kevin Phillips world class he played for **** teams and was bloody prolific?

I think Remys stats are pretty average as far a premier league strikers go. He is decent but he's no world beater and his career up to now says exactly that
                                In all fairness I remember Les well but was quite young when he was around - about 8 or 9 to be fair so im sure you have a much better memory of him then I do.

We will have to disagree about his stats as I think a 1 in 2 goal ratio is pretty special on the prem and one that not to many players can boast and not something you come across regularly.

Comment

Working...
                                X