Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would You Drop Charlie Austin And Play Loic Remy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
    Sportsman bet they wont be. We aint barcelona or real madrid ya know, we are little old rangers and you dont go away to the leaders and others with two strikers who only score goals with service and do nothing else whatsoever. Surely you can see that eh?
    From your post there I don't think you are seeing things changing and the modern way.. A few fans still say we are 'little old rangers' but this 'little old rangers' have been able to attract Harry Redknapp, Rio and Steven Caulker as well as Loic Remy. 'Little old rangers' are also one of the richest clubs in the country and are also streets ahead of 'big old Leeds and big old Forest'.. We aren't little anymore and some fans do need to see that. We aint Real or Barca but there is no reason why we cannot play Europa league football in 2 or 1 seasons time.

Your comment about going away to the leaders of the league and shutting up shop.. For most teams now this ship has sailed, which is why the prem is more exciting than ever.. Redknapp is more likely than ever to play two up top against Arsenal or Chelsea away than ever before. Formations and the game is changing. Teams are now going away from home and concentrating on how they play and getting results.. you only have to look at Southampton last season for this point to be proven.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
      You may be right but on the other paw Remy can also play wide so could see Charlie playing as out and out striker and Remy in a less advanced role ahead of a tight defence and midfield. Would be a useful outlet when we are under kosh.
      Personally would rather player's in positions they're used to... wouldn't make much sense dropping a natural winger for the sake of it. There's going to be game's where we're going to have to play defensively and that would mean dropping a striker to bolster the midfield or defence... and IMO the striker I would drop would be Austin.
      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

@westlondonrrrs
        Harry wouldnt do it at Doncastor, Barnsley or Yeovil but he will against City, Arsenal and Chelsea cos hes suddenly gone all modern game.
        "Im oot"

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
          Personally would rather player's in positions they're used to... wouldn't make much sense dropping a natural winger for the sake of it. There's going to be game's where we're going to have to play defensively and that would mean dropping a striker to bolster the midfield or defence... and IMO the striker I would drop would be Austin.
          Personally I think the way HR is going to set the team up this year, we will be giving it a go most games no matter who were against.
          Playing 3 at the back will mean the high pressing, attacking, high energy style of play. Like the Southampton and Swanseas in seasons gone by.. I think this is how HR wants us to play this year,

Comment

@westlondonrrrs
            Harry wouldnt do it at Doncastor, Barnsley or Yeovil but he will against City, Arsenal and Chelsea cos hes suddenly gone all modern game.
            "Im oot"
            No I just think he has more know how in the Prem and knows how he wants to play a little bit more.. You only have to read a few of his articles and interviews and see his training videos in Germany.. High pressing and high energy game this season..

Last year was all about being a solid unit and getting a group of lads together.. He was going to be playing that way in the champ

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
              Personally I think the way HR is going to set the team up this year, we will be giving it a go most games no matter who were against.
              Playing 3 at the back will mean the high pressing, attacking, high energy style of play. Like the Southampton and Swanseas in seasons gone by.. I think this is how HR wants us to play this year,
              I actually agree with you. For the majority of games (depending on signings) I think we'll be having a go, really attacking teams especially at LR.... but there are going to be certain game's where it would be suicidal to play this way (eg- away to an in form m.city, utd etc) this is where HR has to use his footballing knowledge and a bit of common sense and sit back and defend.
              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
                Good to see some of our fans are about as loyal as some of the mercenary's we had had over the last couple of years
                Think thats a very unfair comment. The question is who would you choose between the two if you could only pick one and if you go on experience and quality wise remy wins hands down. I think most of us on here all rate charlie extremely highly but can see at present remy would be our star striker.

Comment

S'ton & Swansea played possession based football though, we simply don't have players who are capable of that. And Arry's teams have never played that way… I think we are in for a season of scrappy dogfights tbh

Play Remy, he's shown he's able to score even if the team's not performing. Charlie will get his chance to show what he can do.

Comment

Originally posted by stationcafe View Post
                    S'ton & Swansea played possession based football though, we simply don't have players who are capable of that. And Arry's teams have never played that way… I think we are in for a season of scrappy dogfights tbh

Play Remy, he's shown he's able to score even if the team's not performing. Charlie will get his chance to show what he can do.
                    Just saying what style HR is aiming for.. whether its a success or not, we cant say yet

Comment

So we couldn't hang onto the ball or win it back against Yeovil, Bournemouth and co last season and yet we're about to play that way against Premier League sides? Doubt it.

Plus if we want to play 'possession football' we need to drop Barton asap.

Comment

Originally posted by Geng View Post
                        So we couldn't hang onto the ball or win it back against Yeovil, Bournemouth and co last season and yet we're about to play that way against Premier League sides? Doubt it.

Comment

Even you dont believe a single word you are saying, you just wanted to coat off my poll...

Comment

Even you dont believe a single word you are saying, you just wanted to coat off my poll...
                            Sorry Kevin, I don't understand?

Comment

Originally posted by Geng View Post

We weren't set-up with 3 at the back last season, a half or here it was tried but for a system like it you have to be drilled day in and day out and we didn't prepare to play in that formation last season. It looks like HR will be looking to play that way.. Playing 3 at the back with attacking wing back will mean lots of quick football, high tempo and lots of pressing.

I take it you have not seen Barton passing stats for last season, with a comment like we will need to drop him if we want to play like that

Comment

I think we should play 4 2 3 1 - hate this 5 3 2 formation - I would personally have remy as one of the 3 behind Austin.

Comment

Working...
                                X