No announcement yet.

New badge again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**** Briatore **** HIS badge.Pick a classic Rangers badge and stick with it.(preferably not the Hammersmith one or any thing else connected with feather boa's)
    http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/safestanding.php

Comment

Originally posted by twranger View Post
      cheers nick, glad you got the light-heartedness of it.....it was a joke of course.
      Haha I no it was mate.
      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Getting a trifle fed-up with all this nonsense about the badge.
        We have had so many different variations, another one isn't going to make any difference.
        As long as it's not the 80's/90's badge, the worst of the lot by far.

Comment

Keep the one we have is my vote didn't like it at 1st but think it looks great now.
          Just a word about those wanting the old ones back, i'm sure Tony has said if we don't keep the current one it will be a new design...no going back

Comment

Looking back at the old one seems outdated now and I loved the old one, I say leave it and and don't waste anymore money.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
              Looking back at the old one seems outdated now and I loved the old one, I say leave it and and don't waste anymore money.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
                And no doubt, some people will find a reason to hate the new one, and not buy merchandise with it on.
                when it changed last time i dont remember anyone going on about how bad it was .
                I think the reason this badge is disliked by a sizable percentage of our support ,is because
                1 it looks daft ,especially with that silly crown
                2 we were not consulted with a)whether we wanted a new badge or b) what it would be
                3 it`s associated with Tango and Cash ,all that boutique club rubbish
                Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Back to the old one, but with slight changes so it's a bit more modern looking!
                  "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Would The Gang of Four ever buy merchandise with a TF approved badge?
                    ive nothing against TF at all , and if the badge was not a monstrosity like we have now ,i`d buy stuff for the kids etc

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
                      Back to the old one, but with slight changes so it's a bit more modern looking!
                      You mean like this....................to this?!!......

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                        when it changed last time i dont remember anyone going on about how bad it was .
                        Early eighties, the only people you'd be likely to discuss it with would be those you had direct contact with at games, no internet to hear thousands of fans every slightest thought.

Plus we've all got a lot more precious, back then you'd be ridiculed for having a paddy about a badge to be honest.

Also, how much merchandise actually had the badge on then? The occasional replica shirt (years before my mum had to buy a patch to sew/iron on), and the replica FA cup tracksuit (I loved that ) Nowadays if it moves in the club shop, it gets a badge slapped on it, it's far more visible.

Comment

If theyre gonna change it, id like something brand new, not bringing back the old ones.
                          But if they dont then its up to them. Not too fussed.
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                          Geoff Cameron - 1
                          Aramide Oteh - 1
                          Jake Bidwell - 1
                          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Early eighties, the only people you'd be likely to discuss it with would be those you had direct contact with at games, no internet to hear thousands of fans every slightest thought.

Plus we've all got a lot more precious, back then you'd be ridiculed for having a paddy about a badge to be honest.

Also, how much merchandise actually had the badge on then? The occasional replica shirt (years before my mum had to buy a patch to sew/iron on), and the replica FA cup tracksuit (I loved that ) Nowadays if it moves in the club shop, it gets a badge slapped on it, it's far more visible.
                            Fair comment about the internet and only speaking about QPR matters to your immediate friends etc
                            I suppose the idea of a football club being a brand ,wasnt prevalent then , because i remember the club shop still selling merchandise with the 70s shield on it long after we changed in 82 ,even the old shield that was above the Ellerslie rd stand never got replaced with the then new badge till a couple of years later.
                            ( as for the 82 cup final tracksuit top ,the ones in the club shop for sale to the public were never made by adidas ,didnt even have the 3 stripes down the sleeves, so that was a no no for me ,especially when there was Fila and Tachinni to be had ! )

Comment

Originally posted by qprted View Post
                              IM NOT SURE WE NEED TO KEEP CHANGING OUR BADGE EVERY FIVE MINUTES,they are now saying our new badfge is going to be almost an exact replica of our old badge,so why change back its going to cost a lot of money and i would rather we spend money on a new striker

LETS JUST LEAVE THE BADGE AS IT IS
                              I wouldn't mind if the badge was merely boring but our current badge is just a ridiculous embarrassment. ..change it ASAP.....plus get a new striker!

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                                Fair comment about the internet and only speaking about QPR matters to your immediate friends etc
                                I suppose the idea of a football club being a brand ,wasnt prevalent then , because i remember the club shop still selling merchandise with the 70s shield on it long after we changed in 82 ,even the old shield that was above the Ellerslie rd stand never got replaced with the then new badge till a couple of years later.
                                ( as for the 82 cup final tracksuit top ,the ones in the club shop for sale to the public were never made by adidas ,didnt even have the 3 stripes down the sleeves, so that was a no no for me ,especially when there was Fila and Tachinni to be had ! )
                                I was only 9 so didn't have a great deal to say in the matter. Still have that tracksuit though, the jackets we were coming out now are a reminder of that top though definitely albeit a darker version.

Comment

Working...
                                X