Where do you think the problem lies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stan_bowles View Post
    Been injury prone for years and best days by him,same as Zamora.Both no way good enough for a top 6 team.
    Agree. I rate AJ when fit, but where are the options when he can't play and CA needs a rest? To remain as serious contenders we need a competitive all-round squad. Other teams have worked us out. It's too easy to stop QPR scoring right now. We can't just rely on CA to get goals, particularly playing the system in favour right now.

Comment

Originally posted by twranger View Post
      It's a results based business....it's getting points which matters.....would take a boring 1-0 to qpr anyday, over and above anything else. An entertaining game is just a bonus.
      That's like spunking everywhere before you've had a shag

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
        That's like spunking everywhere before you've had a shag
        I wouldn't know myself, and I can't see the analogy, personally.

Comment

If you get a double post, just leave it and one of the mods will delete it for you.

We updated the forum yesterday and it seems to have errors, we will be rolling back to the old version when the forum get less busy.

Comment

Originally posted by stan_bowles View Post
            Putting all his eggs in one basket with Austin was a big mistake from Harry.Had nobody half decent to replace him with if injured/knackered.

Buck stops with the manager and then coaching staff for me.
            This is true, though I would mix in the point that stanistheman made in post #26 about there being a potential "other" at play here, whether that be FFP or some other roadblock to getting another striker.

But to your point stan_bowles, I would say I also lament Harry for not giving Chevanton a go, or for loaning out Hitchcock, or any of the other ideas that's been hung out there. I'm still well confused as to the point of the Chevanton signing.

I think this January transfer window is going to be very interesting for our club, though lads on here should try not to be so inward thinking: there are a lot of clubs that are still "right in the hunt" in the Championship. You don't think Derby, Leeds, Forest, Leicester, etc aren't trying to beef up their squads with the same targets we are talking about? Shoot, maybe even Burnley arent satisfied with Ings and Vokes.
            Fair warning all: there a lot of chairmen looking at the table right now and saying "We are well within reach of promotion in May. Let's spend the kitty on someone who will make a difference."
            There is going to be a lot of fighting out there for the best signings, so don't be surprised if we don't come out top dog.
            Last edited by ArthurQPR_NYC; 02-01-2014, 06:29 PM.
            Rangers Til I Die
            follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Originally posted by ArthurQPR_NYC View Post
              This is true, though I would mix in the point that stanistheman made in post #26 about there being a potential "other" at play here, whether that be FFP or some other roadblock to getting another striker.

But to your point stan_bowles, I would say I also lament Harry for not giving Chevanton a go, or for loaning out Hitchcock, or any of the other ideas that's been hung out there. I'm still well confused as to the point of the Chevanton signing.

I think this January transfer window is going to be very interesting for our club, though lads on here should try not to be so inward thinking: there are a lot of clubs that are still "right in the hunt" in the Championship. You don't think Derby, Leeds, Forest, Leicester, etc aren't trying to beef up their squads with the same targets we are talking about? Shoot, maybe even Burnley arent satisfied with Ings and Vokes.
              Fair warning all: there a lot of chairmen looking at the table right now and saying "We are well within reach of promotion in May. Let's spend the kitty on someone who will make a difference."
              There is going to be a lot of fighting out there for the best signings, so don't be surprised if we don't come out top dog.
              I know the Chevaton signing seems a complete mystery to us on the outside but in fairness to the manager we don't know what went on behind the scenes - maybe he looked terrible in training, or was really unprofessional? I'm far from an unquestioning admirer of Harry but you do have to accept he must see a hell of a lot we don't.

Agree entirely with your point about realism and the transfer window - said the same on another threat - although you would say on past experience our board is more willing to dig deep. The Russian at Reading seems all mouth and no trousers. Only Forest have the potential to match our spending imho.

Comment

As for me, I narrowly voted Coaching Staff. Some of the moves by Harry & co are well odd. The evidence was all the more out in the open with out dip in form after McClaren's departure.

But seeing some of the chances not taken by our highly paid striker and midfielder really wind me up sometimes. Maybe its just me, but I reckon sometimes, our boys aren't looking hungry enough (a striker's instinct if you will). Then I look at the highlights and see blokes like Ings, Vokes, Tom Ince, pouring everything they've got to get a lash at a free ball coming into the box. It's only going to get worse at the next level... and im not just talking about hunger in the Luis Suarez perspective.

The managers need to sort this out though. The next run of games: ipswich huddy weds and bolton should be helpful. I just hope we are still relevant when we play Burnley on 1 Feb.
                Rangers Til I Die

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                  ...on past experience our board is more willing to dig deep. The Russian at Reading seems all mouth and no trousers. Only Forest have the potential to match our spending imho.

fair point mate. I do not take it for granted that our board seem to be a reasonable lot.
                  I can still remember to someone posting the link before the Leeds match to their forum and the discussion evolved there quickly into 'we need this, we need that'. so I'm just saying.

also, I take your point re: Chevanton
                  Rangers Til I Die

Comment

What problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
                      What problem?
                      I think it was the food mate.

Comment

Working...
                      X