Where do you think the problem lies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A goal scorer.

We actually create a lot of chances even when Austin plays. But so so so many are wasted.
    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

IMO the problem is and has been the manager since he has been here.

From the day he walked through the door we have seen nothing but negative line ups. No excitement or entertainment, just a team he sends out with the intention of not losing by too much. Pretty sure plenty of managers with the chance to work with this squad would have seen them comfortably on top of the pile.

Don't necessarily think that the one up front is the problem, certainly nowhere near as much to blame as the tortoises and crabs in midfield, who take an age to get the ball up the field, by which time the opportunities are stifled due to the amount of players now in front of us. Think it's a bit unfair saying teams just come to Rangers and put 10 men behind the ball, more a case of them all getting back into whatever positions they want whilst we bugger about with the ball, going sideways and backwards until someone eventually hoofs it forward or plays a weak pass that gets cut out.

I absolutely hate watching the way we play and have done for the last year. Judging by the number of threads and dissenting voices since yesterday's game, it would seem that I'm no longer in the minority of "spoilt brats".

Comment

Twranger's been quiet lately. I wonder if he may have reappraised some of his views on our playing style now

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
          Twranger's been quiet lately. I wonder if he may have reappraised some of his views on our playing style now
          I think he's genuine in as much as he doesn't allow it to bother him as much as some of us.

I tend to take it as a personal affront when we don't win.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
            IMO the problem is and has been the manager since he has been here.

From the day he walked through the door we have seen nothing but negative line ups. No excitement or entertainment, just a team he sends out with the intention of not losing by too much. Pretty sure plenty of managers with the chance to work with this squad would have seen them comfortably on top of the pile.

Don't necessarily think that the one up front is the problem, certainly nowhere near as much to blame as the tortoises and crabs in midfield, who take an age to get the ball up the field, by which time the opportunities are stifled due to the amount of players now in front of us. Think it's a bit unfair saying teams just come to Rangers and put 10 men behind the ball, more a case of them all getting back into whatever positions they want whilst we bugger about with the ball, going sideways and backwards until someone eventually hoofs it forward or plays a weak pass that gets cut out.

I absolutely hate watching the way we play and have done for the last year. Judging by the number of threads and dissenting voices since yesterday's game, it would seem that I'm no longer in the minority of "spoilt brats".
            No. You are just honest and apply a genuine critique. Blind faith = slippery slope.

Comment

I think he's genuine in as much as he doesn't allow it to bother him as much as some of us.

Comment

Tdubya will be sitting back with a smile on his face thinking about how busy the forum is now compared to when we were doing well earlier in the season

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post

Comment

Agree on both counts.

Personally I can just about cope with losing or drawing if we've clearly played our best but just been outclassed. But re this poll, what really frustrates/depresses/angers me are such woefully inept performances like yesterday in which the responsibility predominantly rests with Redknapp and co. and where 2 points were so clearly dropped which may ultimately prove vital.

Comment

Originally posted by NortholtRanger View Post
                      Tdubya will be sitting back with a smile on his face thinking about how busy the forum is now compared to when we were doing well earlier in the season
                      He should take one of his Subutteo sets in to Harry and demonstrate how even he, having to flick plastic characters across a piece of cloth, can get players into dangerous positions quicker than our midfield.

Comment

I voted other, because we dont really know why another striker was not signed in August. Was it something to do with the FFP rules on spending? Or was it because the Board didnt want to spend more. There is a problem, and maybe it is the manager and his staff for thibking that this squad of players and tactics are good enough to win promotion.

For me the tactics are not working.It's all well and good having possession of the ball for 55-70% of the ganme, but if struggling to even score a goal a game, then they cannot be judged as a success.

Whether this is done by buying another striker or by changing tactics or formation the lack of goals is really a huge issue that needs to be sorted out very quickly if QPR are not to drop out of the promotion running.

Comment

Not sure there is a huge problem myself, we've had a reasonable start to the season but we've ben found out a little bit due being a bit light up top. I honestly think if we had 3 or 4 decent quality strikers in the squad we'd be thumping teams most weeks in this league.

Comment

dominating games with high levels of possession is pointless, if there is no end product
                            we have lots of players that rarely score and that's the main problem
                            I can understand Harry tightening us up at the back as we lost lots of games last year and shipped stupid goals
                            not losing many games is one thing but winning them is

Comment

redknapp no question. He thought zamora and johnson were key to promotion, was qutoed pre-season. Now when austin and johnson have been fit, he's only played 1 up front. He shouldn't be allowed to sign anyone.

Comment

Staff buy, pick & train the players and also tell them how to play, where to play & what to do so blame sits firmly with the staff on this one. No crisis we're 4th but in decline if our performances are anything to go by.

Comment

Working...
                                X