Holloway on the way out??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Awin View Post
    Interesting that Clive on LFW has a similar interpretation - https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footba...rs/news/48013/
    Clive has been spinning for Uncle for a while now. But it reads to me as though he wasn't expecting the 'hard decisions' tweet.

Problem is that hard decisions could just mean more of the same. That would be a fvckin hard decision for all of us.

Comment

Ollie ended season with class. Needs tactical help, especially on the defense. Would bring in Clint Hill to do that part, retain Ramsey to keep developing youth, replace bircham with a real teacher.

Comment

How ironic, that just when things are looking good - when it looks like Holloway has learnt the lessons of his abject insistence on wing backs - when he's brought the youth through and they are starting to sparkle - just when all this is happening, Mr Blunderbuss AKA Tony Fernandes sticks his oar in.

It took right up till the Forest home defeat for me to finally lose it with Ollie - enough was enough - but since then he's pretty much turned it all around. His general mouthing off and coating off of players has royally ####ed me off - and I was all for him going at the end of this season - but.... we have to be flexible in life and be prepared to change....

The way the youth have come through, the ridding of the dead wood players, cutting his cloth to suit the severe budget restrictions - all of this has been handled well. And right now, who on Earth could we get to come in who could work under the same restrictions? Until FFP is sorted, I think it's going to hard, if not nigh on impossible to attract a manager of caliber and the alternative would be yet another punt on someone new/untested/up and coming. If there was a really good manager option on the table we'd be mad not to look at it, but all things considered, I think Ollie deserves another season.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
          How ironic, that just when things are looking good - when it looks like Holloway has learnt the lessons of his abject insistence on wing backs - when he's brought the youth through and they are starting to sparkle - just when all this is happening, Mr Blunderbuss AKA Tony Fernandes sticks his oar in.

It took right up till the Forest home defeat for me to finally lose it with Ollie - enough was enough - but since then he's pretty much turned it all around. His general mouthing off and coating off of players has royally ####ed me off - and I was all for him going at the end of this season - but.... we have to be flexible in life and be prepared to change....

The way the youth have come through, the ridding of the dead wood players, cutting his cloth to suit the severe budget restrictions - all of this has been handled well. And right now, who on Earth could we get to come in who could work under the same restrictions? Until FFP is sorted, I think it's going to hard, if not nigh on impossible to attract a manager of caliber and the alternative would be yet another punt on someone new/untested/up and coming. If there was a really good manager option on the table we'd be mad not to look at it, but all things considered, I think Ollie deserves another season.
          This is how I look at it aswell.

QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Not for me.

Even assuming that he has learned, that he wasn't advised / instructed to make those changes, you're left with the overall form in the book which aint pretty. Not to mention the public dissing of fans and players, the persistence with shot away performers, the me me me show he puts on whenever a mic comes close..... contrast that behaviour with someone like Eddie Howe. Or Hughton. It's like we've got the pub landlord running the show. Which can get a bit waring.

I don't think we'd be relegated under Ollie, but I think he's just too chaotic and unstable (and too old) to represent the future of football at QPR.

Comment

Spot on

Comment

Great post Hud. However, there is just the chance TFs quote has been taken out of context. Let us see what the next few weeks bring.
                I think it would be harsh to sack IH but I suspect he won't be extended.

Comment

Put it another way.

Can you think of any serious contenders that would give him a job? I'm talking top six at this level and above. No, neither can I.

Problem is the board have done everything they possibly can (fiscal policy in situ, FFP, questionable DoF) to alienate serious contenders.

We may be stuck with this comedian for a while <sighs>

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                    Not for me.

Even assuming that he has learned, that he wasn't advised / instructed to make those changes, you're left with the overall form in the book which aint pretty. Not to mention the public dissing of fans and players, the persistence with shot away performers, the me me me show he puts on whenever a mic comes close..... contrast that behaviour with someone like Eddie Howe. Or Hughton. It's like we've got the pub landlord running the show. Which can get a bit waring.

I don't think we'd be relegated under Ollie, but I think he's just too chaotic and unstable (and too old) to represent the future of football at QPR.
                    100% agree! Was a horrid horrid poisonous season for most of it.... funny thing is you read Hubbles post and he makes very good points... in terms of Ollie moving on, for me its a case of believe it when i see it. With all the $hit that happened this season and all the chances/reasons for ollie to leave/sacked he never did, but we end with a strong/positive spell and he leaves. Dont make a lot of sense.
                    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Fernandes' hardest decision is probably working out if Holloway should be in the running to take over Ian Taylor's job on the half time mic !
                      Last edited by Shepherds Mush; 30-04-2018, 11:52 AM.

Comment

I entirely agree with Hubble, Ollie has earnt himself another year.

the moaners at time don’t seem to understand the current situation in football, let alone the situation at the club.

we wanted to be developing our youth - tick
                        we wanted no more journeyman high earners - tick
                        abilty to not overhaul the whole squad again - tick
                        t do all this without being relegated - tick

get off his back, as under the circumstances he hasn’t done a bad job.

Comment

No he hasn't earned himself another year I'm afraid chaps.

1) Took him 80% of a season to realise he'd got it wrong. Really?!

2) Regardless of recent form he was clearly advised to change this hence the timing of CR to the first team squad set up.

3) He's a manager who can't be trusted. Too erratic.

4) Has proved to be stubborn & doesn't handle pressure well. Digging out fans and players for his own failings.

5) Regardless of our recent form it's to little to late. He should of done all this much earlier. It's not like it wasn't blooming obvious what had to change.

6) Playing youth in meaningless games but will revert to type in a meaningful game and play Washington again.

Redeemed himself somewhat but as I said to little to late for me and many others. He was brought in during a transitional period. A new, better manager could get so much more out of this squad.

I wish him well but would like to see him walk at the end of his contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                            No he hasn't earned himself another year I'm afraid chaps.

1) Took him 80% of a season to realise he'd got it wrong. Really?!

2) Regardless of recent form he was clearly advised to change this hence the timing of CR to the first team squad set up.

3) He's a manager who can't be trusted. Too erratic.

4) Has proved to be stubborn & doesn't handle pressure well. Digging out fans and players for his own failings.

5) Regardless of our recent form it's to little to late. He should of done all this much earlier. It's not like it wasn't blooming obvious what had to change.

6) Playing youth in meaningless games but will revert to type in a meaningful game and play Washington again.

Redeemed himself somewhat but as I said to little to late for me and many others. He was brought in during a transitional period. A new, better manager could get so much more out of this squad.

I wish him well but would like to see him walk at the end of his contract.
                            And I would almost bet a new manager = more years of transition. At least let the job that’s been started not be hindered by an unnecessary change right in the middle of the process.

If if you want to view it another way let holloway make the club more attractive for the next manager, as at present a new man would have to restart the process.

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post

And I would almost bet a new manager = more years of transition. At least let the job that’s been started not be hindered by an unnecessary change right in the middle of the process.

If if you want to view it another way let holloway make the club more attractive for the next manager, as at present a new man would have to restart the process.
                              Sounds good on paper but in reality he's prone to way to many mistakes and his stubbornness to change is just ridiculous.

The transition is almost complete. No more big spending. Big earners almost all gone now. Plathora of youth coming through. Fans expectations lower. Working within our means.

I think it's a perfect time for a new manager to come in!

Comment

Difficult one this, as the way we have performed last 8 games or so has probably given Ollie the time for another season but i still wouldn't be too upset to see him leave. I was critical on Friday that he should have been playing his best side v Brum and when I saw the actual side i felt even stronger BUT we won and quite convincingly, albeit against the worst side i have seen this season, they were awful. I do feel we have the signs of being a very good side next season if we can mix the youth with some experience but i actually think Chris Ramsey could do a better job this time around and don't under estimate that it has been since his upgrade to Coach that our season kicked on a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X