Holloway on the way out??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post

Sounds good on paper but in reality he's prone to way to many mistakes and his stubbornness to change is just ridiculous.

The transition is almost complete. No more big spending. Big earners almost all gone now. Plathora of youth coming through. Fans expectations lower. Working within our means.

I think it's a perfect time for a new manager to come in!
    same thoughts really. hes done whats been asked of him but i think we could be doing better all things considered

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post

same thoughts really. hes done whats been asked of him but i think we could be doing better all things considered
      Should we though? Or are we about exactly where we should be, after a long period of massive upheaval and transition? My feeling is there is still a vestige of impatience on display here - understandable perhaps. But this is not an overnight job, and it's not finished yet. I think - all things considered - Ollie has done a good job. I totally accept all the criticisms, but these have to be tempered by the conditions and context. Reality check says to me we're actually doing okay. And in point of fact, I think staying under the radar this season (said this before) has helped us. It has allowed the youth to bed in without the glare of publicity. Next season we kick on. I have no doubt Ollie will display all of his irritating habits once again, but at the same time he's also showed he can change, can adapt and has listened...... so on balance.... staying with him is better than yet more disruption.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
        i actually think Chris Ramsey could do a better job this time around and don't under estimate that it has been since his upgrade to Coach that our season kicked on a bit.
        Ooh careful mate. I said the same thing & got a very mixed reaction.

People are scared to look back at times and I get that but it was allllll wrong for so many reasons. The man had no chance.

Anyway we move on. Life and times at QPR eh

Comment

Feels at times it’s change for change sake.

things are improving so let’s not go upsetting the Apple cart for no reason than change alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post

things are improving so let’s not go upsetting the Apple cart for no reason than change alone.
            We need to improve. 15th position in the league is not acceptable. This season ok it's transitional next season is not. We're over the worst now.

Comment

Doesn't feel like change for change sake to me. Ollie's record is one of the worst out of any permanent manager we've ever had (many even be the worst). He got dug out of a hole by a load of very talented young players coming through, and full credit goes to Les and Chris Ramsey for that.

7 or 8 good performances in the last couple of months doesn't change anything for me. Ollie was lucky to still have a job to that point, and the close season is the best time to have a shake up. The board need to just get it done!
              Last edited by Tarbie; 30-04-2018, 08:27 PM.

Comment

let’s not go upsetting the Apple cart for no reason than change alone.
                He's perfectly capable of doing that all by himself.

Comment

Simon Cowell or will I am
                  Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                    Fernandes' hardest decision is probably working out if Holloway should be in the running to take over Ian Taylor's job on the half time mic !
                    That's nailed on for Pinkie

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Doesn't feel like change for change sake to me. Ollie's record is one of the worst out of any permanent manager we've ever had (many even be the worst). He got dug out of a hole by a load of very talented young players coming through, and full credit goes to Les and Chris Ramsey for that.
                      So no credit for picking those youngsters at all then ?

Comment

• By his own admission Holloway only picked Smyth as he was out of options. Rest of youngsters then followed. We had odd appearances prior to that but only ones properly around first team were Furlong and Manning.

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                          By his own admission Holloway only picked Smyth as he was out of options. Rest of youngsters then followed. We had odd appearances prior to that but only ones properly around first team were Furlong and Manning.
                          Pretty much how I feel about it mate. I reckon if Ollie had been given money to spend in January we'd have never seen the big shift to younger players in the 2nd half of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                            By his own admission Holloway only picked Smyth as he was out of options. Rest of youngsters then followed. We had odd appearances prior to that but only ones properly around first team were Furlong and Manning.
                            Would bet that bar Forest, we were similar to most teams in the division in having only a few youth in the mix.

Comment

• He picked Washington at Reading! That worked well. If anything Ollie resisted picking youth. Prior to picking Smyth out of desperation youngsters barely got a kick. He wouldn't budge on formation and had his favourites. Glad we have made the change in formation and we are seeing youngsters but little of that down to Ollie.

I strongly suspect someone had a word in his shell like and we saw change in formation and youngsters being played after that. We were on a bad run of form prior to Cardiff game and Smyth and comments at the time indicated he thought he was very close to the sack and was out of ideas.

Comment

• Thing is though Mush, a decent manager can see wheen a young player is ready for the first team. A decent manager can also see when a player or system isn't working. This season Ollie has been guilty of the following:

1.) Telling Robinson that he's surplus to requirements, then backtracking. Probably a big factor in why we won't see him in the Hoops again.
                                2.) Telling Goss he was surplus to requirements then backtracking when he started performing North of the border. Remains to be seen whether he was right or wrong on that.
                                3.) Persevering with the dreaded 3 at the back for 7 months when everyone bar him and Pinkie could see it wasn't right for us.
                                4.) Overlooking Furlong, Smyth, Eze, Robinson, Furlong, BOS and god knows how many other players that were good enough for the first team for the 1st half of the season. Wouldn't have minded if better players were being selected in their place but they weren't. How bad were Mackie and Washington? Yet he continued with them week in, week out.

Personally, I think we'll only know just how bad Holloway has been when this squad of players are given to a decent manager. I'll eat my words if we're still bottom half next season under a new manager, but I really doubt we will be. Any decent manager at this level will have these players challenging near the top 6, I'm sure of it!

Comment

Working...
                                X