Charlie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie

What's peoples thought on Charlie. Can we keep him if we manage to stay up? Don't think he'll stay if we go down, some paper rumour says his gone whatever happens
    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
    This morning's tempest I have to cross
    I must be guided without a stumble
    Into the arms I love the most

he will want to stay in prem no doubt lymsie...cant blame him tbh....we have a real rebuilding job on here due to a catalogue of owner/managerial mistakes over last three years!
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Even If we stay, I think he will want to leave.
      QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

I will be happy for him but not to a crappy team like Newcastle
        You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
          I will be happy for him but not to a crappy team like Newcastle
          Massive club, 50k fans every week, love their no.9's, i think it would be ideal for him imo. Get the right manager in could easily be competing for CL.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnside View Post
            Massive club, 50k fans every week, love their no.9's, i think it would be ideal for him imo. Get the right manager in could easily be competing for CL.
            I don't think so mate they are a million miles away from a champions league team, they are in steady decline IMO, they might have a big fan base but they need a new team. I would like charlie to go to everton or Southampton
            You Rsssssss

Comment

Ashley will take them down eventually. Sissoko is by far and away their best player and he's carried them this season and he's off in the summer. Not a chance they'll get anywhere near top half next season nevermind Champions League.

No need for Charlie to move if we stay up. He's not going to get more money elsewhere, he plays every week, loves it here, a great infrastructure being built as per Jimmys post and he'll be an England player in June.

Why throw all that away? Move to another club on less money and run the risk of not getting as much game time etc. It would be a huge gamble ahead of the Euros, for which he has a chance of being included.

Charlie also strikes me as a loyal lad and we gave him the chance when he failed a medical. I'll be absolutely astounded if he doesn't sign a new contract if we stay up.

If we go down, he's walking and I think everyone can accept that. One thing is for sure though, he'll be a 20 goal Premier League and England striker, so the £10m being talked about is miles short, regardless of his contract situation.

Comment

LOL, calling them a massive club, you sound like one of their fans

Newcastle are going no where, even our squad is better than theirs.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                  LOL, calling them a massive club, you sound like one of their fans

Newcastle are going no where, even our squad is better than theirs.
                  I hate them being tagged massive and the best fans. I've been their twice and they're shite. They had 800 at Liverpool on Monday, yeah massive! We had 400 at Everton in a far worse situation and we're a small club.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                    I hate them being tagged massive and the best fans. I've been their twice and they're shite. They had 800 at Liverpool on Monday, yeah massive! We had 400 at Everton in a far worse situation and we're a small club.
                    Your right they are dog shite, even remy could not wait to get back, they could have 100 thousand a week it's on the pitch what counts as I said there in decline,
                    You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
                      Your right they are dog shite, even remy could not wait to get back, they could have 100 thousand a week it's on the pitch what counts as I said there in decline,

Idont give a shyte who he goes too, as long as we are able to re invest that money and not have it swallowed up by the impending fine.

old phony decided to go kamakasi last time round which brought about the fine so he should pay it out of his own pocket.
                      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

He's earned a move so if he fcks off in the summer i won't hold it against him.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                          Idont give a shyte who he goes too, as long as we are able to re invest that money and not have it swallowed up by the impending fine.

old phony decided to go kamakasi last time round which brought about the fine so he should pay it out of his own pocket.
                          How much roughly do you reckon the fine will be hits?
                          For the record, i would have any wager there is no fine, thats my take on it,

Comment

I personally think he will stay if we stay up for atleast 1 more year on better terms. If he produces another season in the prem for us around 15-20 goals will go the next summer but hopefully for nearer 20 mill at 27 years old.

If we are releagated we need to hold out for 10-12 mill considering he has a year left on his contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              How much roughly do you reckon the fine will be hits?
                              For the record, i would have any wager there is no fine, thats my take on it,
                              a lot of finger waging and threats ,but no fine
                              Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Working...
                              X