Man City and Chelsea key games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man City and Chelsea key games

A lot of talk about the Villa game being vital, which I do not disagree with, but for me the other two just as important. We have in my view finally shown some fight and a bit of edge. We need to bring that to every game, not just the ones we think we should be getting a result from. A feature in recent years has been shock results as the overall quality of the Premiership has improved. There are no *hit teams. If a top side is not on top of their game they can slip up against anyone. Stoke at Man City a few weeks ago an example of that. Palace I seem to remember got results against top sides last season as well.

I'm not suggesting we will get results against City and Chelsea but we need to be going and at least giving them a game. If we do who knows and also it keeps momentum going.

I believe the anti-'Arry polls in the press and vociferousness of the supporters has shocked the club and woken 'Arry and some others up. To give credit to 'Arry he shook things up, dropped Rio, went with back three, played Yun. Starting Bobby and as captain big surprise. Lots of public backing by players as well. Onus very much on the club to show not a one off.

I agree we need to give it a right fc uking go in every game-from the bottom to the top. The only way you can get the 12th man(the fans) onside is by showing real passion on the pitch.
    PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Why did it take so long for the penny to drop, they're all supposed to be professionals? Maybe the thought that HR might get the elbow has finally woken him & his coaching staff up.

Comment

Why is there an assumption that, because we have shown one spirited, if typically dishevelled, performance, we will continue to do so in the upcoming fixtures?

Comment

if we didn't believe we may as well stop going , i always believe we can win every game and always will ....always be positive of mind .

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
            if we didn't believe we may as well stop going , i always believe we can win every game and always will ....always be positive of mind .
            Same mate. What's the point of ever going otherwise?

Comment

I will be convince that we have the fight over the next few matches as I am not convince by one performance plus the way we threw the match can have a big negative over the team. Do the players have the mentality to get over this?

Comment

Originally posted by Ellerslie View Post
                Why is there an assumption that, because we have shown one spirited, if typically dishevelled, performance, we will continue to do so in the upcoming fixtures?
                Beacause the blend of the team was much better than we've had all season and we will hopefully build on that.

Comment

The Key Games Are all the Games that follow those two.

Newcastle
                  Leicester
                  Swansea
                  Burnley
                  Everton
                  West Brom
                  Arsenal
                  Palace.

That sees us to the end of the year. need to win at least 4 of those.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellerslie View Post
                    Theres no reason to believe they won't, because they showed they can press the ball. That for me was the only/main difference to other games this season.
                    Basically they tried as a team, so there is no reason they can't do it again.

Comment

Working...
                    X