Clear All

• Fraggy
    replied
    Good game last night.
    The cup is St. Louis to lose now

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    CBS just love Boston Bruins. It`s a bit cringworthy how their commentators big them up. Sure they are a great team with an outstanding Goaltender and first line, but they are like you state maybe the United or Chelsea of the NHL. Funny that you mention The Harlem Globetrotters. they were on Norwegian telly back in the days. I do also seem to remember that the visited Oslo a few times..
    Back on topic; St.Louis Blues now need to use their head and avoid silly personal mistake. It`s beyond belief how well they played last night. Tarasenko and Binnington are my favourite players and they both delivered on yesterday. Gunnarson`s goal was great.

Leave a comment:

• Fraggy
    replied
    I actually got to go watch The Harlem Globetrotters live last year, obviously there has been many renditions since the true original ones, but it was still alot of fun.

Toronto is a great city, but after 39 years of living in London, being outside of Toronto is a great compromise.

Back to NHL, for me, The Bruins are to The Leafs what Chelscum are to QPR, so I am really wanting to see The Blues turn over Boston.
    I also agree, Craig Berube has done an amazing job with little resources

Quebec, meh, beautiful Province, but most there really don't like The English, and there version of French is even awkward to translate for real French people

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    I have stayed up for quite a few nights now and wow what a match this last one was. Craig Berube have really worked wonders since he was brought in as the head coach. You are mentioning NBA, but I haven`t really watched it that much. Not since the Harlem Globetrotters roamed in fact. Michael "Air" Jordan is off course a name I am familiar with.. I think I would have liked to live in Canada. Toronto fascinates me. And also Quebec, but I think you have to master French fluently there?

Leave a comment:

• Fraggy
    replied
    Great result for The Blues; 1st win in a SC Final.

My attention has slightly moved over to The NBA finals, as Toronto Raptors (my local team), take on Golden State. (1st time in Raptors history they have made it to the finals).

Been a great playoff series so far for The Raptors, and going into game 1 tonight against Golden State as underdogs, should make for great viewing.

Golden State has been immense these past 5 seasons, but with Durant currently out, The Raptors stand a great chance of causing an upset.

Tickets for game 7 have been going for $100K+ with the understanding, that if a game 7 isn't needed, you will get you money back minus a 15% admin fee: (over $15K just to hold a ticket that may not be needed - crazy).

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
    Played really well, hoping they can do the same to the Bruins in the final.
    I didn`t have the chance to stay up tonight, but yes, they must have played very well. No Stanley Cup for old Joe Thornton it looks like..

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    Originally posted by Luna_Lovegood View Post
    I wish the Blues the very best!
    Thank you very much.

Leave a comment:

• Fraggy
    replied
    Played really well, hoping they can do the same to the Bruins in the final.

Leave a comment:

• Luna_Lovegood
    replied
    I wish the Blues the very best!

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    Ok, hehe. And I have seen the two last matches on telly. More precisely from 1 am to 3.30 am here in Norway. But again; what a show the NHL is, if only football could learn a few things from it..On the sporting side, It was no fun watching the Sharks player uses his hand to get a vital assist on wednesday.
    Last edited by Shania; 18-05-2019, 09:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Fraggy
    replied
    Looking to be a great series.
    I've stayed quiet on purpose, so I don't jinx it

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    San Jose Sharks v The Blues 2-2 in matches. surprise..

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    Nope. They were showing Colorado v.San Jose Sharks, and a summary of the Stanley Cup, so far.

Leave a comment:

• Fraggy
    replied
    Originally posted by Luna_Lovegood View Post
    Since my Aunt and uncle live in High River, Alberta - I am a Calgary Flames fan.
    Boooo.
    But we are more than happy to welcome another hockey fan.
    That makes 3 of us

Leave a comment:

• Luna_Lovegood
    replied
    Since my Aunt and uncle live in High River, Alberta - I am a Calgary Flames fan.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X