Europe. In or out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
    Sounds like me need another referendum. Should the U.K. be giving out foreign aid? Oh what fun!
    Should we give foreign aid?

Where it is a question of life and death, yes, of course.

When it is too build infrastructure that will aid the entire community in poor countries, yes, but by a case by case basis.

For anything elae, why?
    I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snaxo View Post
      Utter, utter crap. You do realise that virtually no EU decision gets made without the consent of ALL of the big 3 member states - Germany, France and the UK. So pretty much every EU rule we abide by has already been agreed on by our own Government.
      If you are so worried about the power of the French and Germans then leave the EU and let them take full control....then I'm sure we'll get very favourable trade terms (based on your opinion of them) and by the way, don't for 1 second come back with a statement along the lines of 'we don't need to trade with France or Germany'....
      Write to Lord Digby Jones, I am sure he will be impressed with your opinion of his meeting.

Why do you keep telling us what will happen if we vote out, nobody knows including you.

It is all speculation, but I am more than happy to be brave and take the leap into the light, you don't seem to have faith in your fellow Briton, well I do.

Comment

Utter, utter crap. You do realise that virtually no EU decision gets made without the consent of ALL of the big 3 member states - Germany, France and the UK. So pretty much every EU rule we abide by (just 13% of our total legislation) has already been agreed on by our own Government.
        If you are so worried about the power of the French and Germans then leave the EU and let them take full control....then I'm sure we'll get very favourable trade terms (based on your opinion of them) and by the way, don't for 1 second come back with a statement along the lines of 'we don't need to trade with France or Germany'....
        Have you ever lived in France and know how the French work?

Comment

• Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
          Do you know what a fact is? Are you the EU as an entity? How do you know as a fact what the EU as a whole wants and doesn't want?

You don't. And that's a FACT.
          I think you need to remind yourself of the multiple meanings of the word fact. It can be used when referring to a particular situation under discussion. What you are referring to is an objective fact. Either way it's a strange thing to be pulled up on. I say the EU doesn't want other countries to leave and wants to maintain its existence and you say how do I know this to be true. When I refer to the EU, I am referring the main powers within the EU.(which is fairly obvious) It is a fair assumption that an entity wants to continue its existence, would be strange for the EU to secretly want all its members to leave and be dismantled in the process. Why would bother to exist in the 1st place? Of all the things in this thread to be pulled up on this is a strange one. How do I know the EU wants to continue its existence?......Really?

Comment

Yes....and yes.

Even though Cross it Dave and I are opposites in this particular debate........I agree with him on this point!

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post
              Yes....and yes.

Even though Cross it Dave and I are opposites in this particular debate........I agree with him on this point!
              I was asking Snaxo. I lived many years in France and have many French friends but I also agree with Cross it Dave.
              Last edited by jmelanie; 22-06-2016, 12:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
                The Labour remain party is full of racists, they had to suspend all sorts a few weeks ago, Sugar is a Labour remainer as well
                Pretty sure Sugar gave up his labour membership a while back, and is now working with the Tories.

Comment

I was asking Snaxo.
                  tetchy!.... relax...the vote will be over soon enough.....

Comment

Utter, utter crap. You do realise that virtually no EU decision gets made without the consent of ALL of the big 3 member states - Germany, France and the UK. So pretty much every EU rule we abide by has already been agreed on by our own Government.
                    Write to Lord Digby Jones, I am sure he will be impressed with your opinion of his meeting.

Why do you keep telling us what will happen if we vote out, nobody knows including you.

It is all speculation, but I am more than happy to be brave and take the leap into the light, you don't seem to have the faith in your fellow Briton, well I do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post
                      Yes....and yes.

Thank you kind sir.

Comment

• Originally posted by Norths View Post
                        Pretty sure Sugar gave up his labour membership a while back, and is now working with the Tories.
                        Blimey, I was always surprised that he supported Labour.

Comment

• Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post

It is all speculation, but I am more than happy to be brave and take the leap into the light, you don't seem to have faith in your fellow Briton, well I do.
                          You are correct, no one exactly know what will happen (except for some weighty, costly process related stuff to both disengage and then re-negotiate trade deals etc). However, again, the weight of expertise from around the world suggests it's a wrong move on many key factors. But that's ok - experts of course are always wrong, especially in the unusual situation that there is so much consensus. They might be - but it's much much too big a risk.

Do I have faith in my fellow Britain - that entirely depends who it is. I don't have faith in my politicians full stop - but even less so the likes of JOhnson and Farage

Comment

I do, we spend the summer's here, it's 33 lovely jubbly degrees centigrade today.

The 35 hour week is killing this country, so many of the shops are closed in my local town, Fumel, it is very sad.
                            Last edited by cross it Dave; 22-06-2016, 12:49 PM.

Comment

You are correct, no one exactly know what will happen (except for some weighty, costly process related stuff to both disengage and then re-negotiate trade deals etc). However, again, the weight of expertise from around the world suggests it's a wrong move on many key factors. But that's ok - experts of course are always wrong, especially in the unusual situation that there is so much consensus. They might be - but it's much much too big a risk.

Do I have faith in my fellow Britain - that entirely depends who it is. I don't have faith in my politicians full stop - but even less so the likes of JOhnson and Farage
                              I trust Farage, I did trust Cameron and Osborne, but not any more, I would not trust any Liebour politican as far as I could throw him or her.

When I said Fellow Briton, I meant the British nation, that includes Liebour, by the way.

Comment

I was asking Snaxo. I lived many years in France and have many French friends but I also agree with Cross it Dave.
                                I have not lived there, no, but I work alongside the French (and many other countries both in and out of the EU on a daily basis). I spent half hour with the French team on Monday (as I do weekly), and will speak to members of that team (currently scheduled) later today and tomorrow. They are a proud independent nation, with a fantastic history - similar to us - and yet they desire to be a part of the EU where they recognise partnership and compromise is important to tackle many of the key issues, not just of Europe - but the world. Of course the far right in France is pushing for their own referendum - no surprise there!

What I do know is that if Britain leaves the EU - France will battle not to let Britain retain all of it's access to the EU on a similar basis - as they believe that sends a terrible message to the rest of the EU. I can empathise with that point of view.
                                So what's your point?
                                Last edited by Snaxo; 22-06-2016, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X