Europe. In or out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by James1979 View Post
    Consumers will suffer the increase in price of goods on the streets. It's also more about % of our output that is exported to EU. For us, it's nearly 13%. For EU. % of output is less than 5%. So on face of we would have to replace more with world trade than EU. Of course there's no reason to say we won't do that.
    Prices won't necessarily increase. At the moment a percentage of the VAT we collect is passed onto the EU. This percentage can now be passed onto the consumer. I'm not saying this will necessarily happen but if the government puts up taxes and we are not happy, we can then vote them out of power, assuming we have an opposition that is.

The government did not want to charge VAT (even though it was reduced) on utilities. So now they can get rid of it.
    Last edited by jmelanie; 29-06-2016, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Consumers will suffer the increase in price of goods on the streets. It's also more about % of our output that is exported to EU. For us, it's nearly 13%. For EU. % of output is less than 5%. So on face of we would have to replace more with world trade than EU. Of course there's no reason to say we won't do that.
      Have you discovered anymore Brexit racists?
      I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
        Prices won't necessarily increase. At the moment a percentage of the VAT we collect is passed onto the EU. This percentage can now be passed onto the consumer. I'm not saying this will necessarily happen but if the government puts up taxes and we are not happy, we can then vote them out of power, assuming we have an opposition that is.

The government did not want to charge VAT (even though it was reduced) on utilities. So now they can get rid of it.
        :

Comment

• Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
          Have you discovered anymore Brexit racists?
          not recently big man. Have you?

Comment

not recently big man. Have you?
            You like making insults, some petty, some quite insulting.

Grow up.

Comment

You like making insults, some petty, some quite insulting.

Grow up.
              Noted.

Comment

That's a false argument as we don't trade with the EU as one entity, we trade with the separate nations who will try to protect their own interests. Our output for these individual nations is a lot more higher then 5%

Comment

• Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                  Not necessarily. The common market we voted for was basically just a free trade agreement without all the bureaucracy of Brussels. Yes it was before the other countries joined (not only Eastern Europe). The countries in the original common market basically had the same standard of living and their economies were similar. Countries with different economies does not work in the EU of today. There main divide is between north and south. Even Italy is talking about have two Euros (the currency), one for the northern countries and one for the southern countries.
                  In essence, the poor country's messed it up. I totally agree.

Comment

• FTSE rising 6% in 2 days, Sterling off bottoms and now at $1.35 and rising, World stocks climbing.

Armageddon I tells ya!!

Comment

• Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                      FTSE rising 6% in 2 days, Sterling off bottoms and now at $1.35 and rising, World stocks climbing.

Armageddon I tells ya!!
                      From skynews

FTSE Recovers

London's FTSE 100 Index has wiped out losses seen in the savage two-day Brexit rout after surging another 3.6% amid a global stock market fight-back. The top flight returned to its pre-Brexit high amid hopes that Britain's EU exit will be some way off, jumping 219.7 points to 6360.1, meaning it has now clawed back nearly #100 billion lost in the immediate aftermath of Brexit.

Comment

From skynews

FTSE Recovers

London's FTSE 100 Index has wiped out losses seen in the savage two-day Brexit rout after surging another 3.6% amid a global stock market fight-back. The top flight returned to its pre-Brexit high amid hopes that Britain's EU exit will be some way off, jumping 219.7 points to 6360.1, meaning it has now clawed back nearly #100 billion lost in the immediate aftermath of Brexit.
                        That's the salient part......

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post
                          That's the salient part......
                          Exactly. A) we are a way off from the actual exit b) news today shows that we will likely continue with a much closer connection to the EU than the public voted for (it's clear we will want to retain access to the EU for trade and therefore we will continue to have to accept the free movement of people (perhaps there may be some very minor conciliatory changes to Immigration laws - but I suspect little will change in reality) - these messages will start to restore some market confidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snaxo View Post
                            Exactly. A) we are a way off from the actual exit b) news today shows that we will likely continue with a much closer connection to the EU than the public voted for (it's clear we will want to retain access to the EU for trade and therefore we will continue to have to accept the free movement of people (perhaps there may be some very minor conciliatory changes to Immigration laws - but I suspect little will change in reality) - these messages will start to restore some market confidence.

And bring me a flagon of wine and a wench.

Comment

From skynews

FTSE Recovers

But that was expected, some just panicked for no reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                                BREAKING: Richard Branson tells @GMB "we are heading towards disaster" & there should be a second referendum. "Brexit facts were inaccurate"

Stop crying your eyes out,

More like we`re heading for a disaster as him & other richmen have lost alot of money more like,me me me meanwhile normal builder bobs still just the same along with most working folk!
                                http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Working...
                                X